Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 11:33 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The government can pass laws stating that it's illegal to say anything bad against the government and the SCOTUS can say it's ok, but that still doesn't make it constitutional.

Wow! So we should also take away freedom of association.

And people say we shouldn't worry about slippery slopes?

Why are you so afraid of the PC police? Are you an ACLU member?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I agree we should enforce the laws we have. we should also close the loop holes. it seems very callous of us as a nation to continue to do nothing when our kindergarten kids get mowed down, you can no longer go to a night club, movie or attend a university without this horror continuing without even trying to do something about it.

While we are at it...

Time to change the 2nd amendment text/wording to what it has now been turned into.

Quote:
Militias are illegal, because a free state no longer exist, the privilege of Citizens, age 21 and older, who have not committed a statutory crime, might be able to be issued an air rifle by the government, if there is a legit reason.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Allow people to carry a weapon if they wish, without chastising them as some scardycat, afraid of their shadow. Same goes for those that are scare of all weapons. Let them choose to be equal or the instant prey.

Do not force compliance on me to disarm, because others do not want to be armed.
It is an individuals choice how they preserve ones self.
I am not suggesting compliance to disarm. a gun is a deadly weapon and the least we can do is require education, permits, registration and insurance as we do for our cars. we could at least close the loop holes so people can bypass the background checks and buy at gun shows. all of which has nothing to do with disarming anyone that is a lawful and sensible gun owner.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

What new law that doesn't violate the 2nd amendment, would have prevented this American Citizen, from obtaining the weapons used in Orlando?
Name what more could have been legislated away, to stop him from a gun?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:44 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,564 times
Quote:
That's for the experts to decide. Neither you or I are qualified to determine that.
I am. The fact that you have no idea what you are talking about, but want to ban it (probably based on news service hysterics) tells me everything I need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No sensible gun laws because the NRA and extreme right wingers don't want them. Also, because Congress is bought and paid for by the NRA.
Huh?

Answer my question from a page 4 or 5. Next time we have a homosexual pedophile should we make "sensible" laws on homosexual or "sensible" laws on black males? Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cates-suggest/

The only problem is that Israel actually has quite strong gun restrictions and very low gun ownership rates, some of the lowest in the developed world.
Israeli guns laws, it turns out, are much stricter than America's gun laws. This may help explain why Israeli gun ownership is just one thirteenth of what it is in the U.S. To bring that number into focus, it would likely be even lower if not for mandatory military service, which means Israelis are more likely to be familiar with guns.

I think this is quite different from everybody has a right to a gun. They encourage TRAINED and LICENSED people to carry. And their laws are still much stricter than ours after easing.

Israel eases gun laws in bid to cope with Palestinian 'lone wolf' attacks - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

“Citizens with firearms training are a multiplying force for the police in their fight against terrorism and therefore I will take measures to ease the restrictions at this time.”
The measures are to allow local authorities in “high priority” areas to give approval to carry weapons in certain instances, as opposed to previously when only the firearms licensing branch of the Public Security Ministry could do so.
You are right. Outside of settlements the ability to carry is limited. But I never said it wasn't. My statement was to look what happens when people actively promote carrying. Numerous attacks stopped by NON-LEO folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hard to defend against a crazed person with an AR-15. The gunman was armed with an AR-15-type semiautomatic rifle . The rifle can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds. During the Orlando shooting, more than 20 rounds were fired in rapid succession. What legitimate reason do citizens need a military weapon in their arsenal?
Define "high velocity round" if you are going to use it. If you can't please stop parroting Brady and the MSM trying to sell ad time. Also, check out shooting sports like 3 Gun. Shooting more then 30 rounds in a stage is normal.

Then there is the whole point of the Constitution. We don't limit our rights when people misuse them, we punish the criminal. Or at least that is how it should be.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
So, you feel that the Bill Of Rights is a sign of being afraid?

Quote:
I am not suggesting compliance to disarm. a gun is a deadly weapon and the least we can do is require education, permits, registration and insurance as we do for our cars. we could at least close the loop holes so people can bypass the background checks and buy at gun shows. all of which has nothing to do with disarming anyone that is a lawful and sensible gun owner.
Should we also require testing people before they can vote?

Hitler was on several German ballots and received many votes. Do you feel we should test for competency to ensure people don't vote for extremists? Maybe you believe we should say who can run for office?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:46 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What new law that doesn't violate the 2nd amendment, would have prevented this American Citizen, from obtaining the weapons used in Orlando?
Name what more could have been legislated away, to stop him from a gun?
Profilng.

He was Muslim , suspected of terrorism ties. Should have been the end of the story there.

Same thing for urban street thugs. Looks like a thug, hangs out with know gang criminals, no gun for you.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you feel that the Bill Of Rights is a sign of being afraid?

Should we also require testing people before they can vote?

Hitler was on several German ballots and received many votes. Do you feel we should test for competency to ensure people don't vote for extremists? Maybe you believe we should say who can run for office?
a gun is a deadly weapon. running for office or voting is not.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:50 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Everything you propose targets lawful, peaceful gun owners.
What does any of this have to do with terrorist attacks or criminal use of firearms? Your proposals with prevent nothing.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:50 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:

Would you support licensing, permitting, and insurance for abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies