Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 12:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we continue to have mass shootings from children to homophobic terrorist are you ok with us doing nothing? are you content to just chat about these atrocities for a few days until the next one happens? the common thread in these shooting is the gun and the fact "anyone" can get them. the amount of guns laying around in the US is staggering.

you don't have to be a criminal or a terrorist to kill. there are plenty of yahoos that get guns through the loopholes or even legally that commit crimes or kill someone accidently because of negligence. all sh#t flows downhill, gun regulation would at least stem part of the flow from the start.

any responsible law abiding gun owner or prospective owner should have no problem with regulations like you do with a car other than they are just too lazy. don't want to bother with the hassle of paperwork kind of excuses. or infringing on my rights, code for, too lazy too bother with the rules. lots of cr*p in a free society that have regulations.

there are millions of legit gun owners that support gun regulations this should be a no brainer.
The 2nd.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A vote is deadlier than any gun

oh please, such Shakespeare. a few days back you were just saying how un equal people are unless they have gun, so how can a single vote be more deadly?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I repeat, he had a security license. No civilian law would do anything.

He had secret clearance to work for the company he was with. That alone should make people contemplate exactly what the value of background checks really is?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
we continue to have mass shootings from children to homophobic terrorist are you ok with us doing nothing? are you content to just chat about these atrocities for a few days until the next one happens? the common thread in these shooting is the gun and the fact "anyone" can get them. the amount of guns laying around in the US is staggering.

you don't have to be a criminal or a terrorist to kill. there are plenty of yahoos that get guns through the loopholes or even legally that commit crimes or kill someone accidently because of negligence. all sh#t flows downhill, gun regulation would at least stem part of the flow from the start.

any responsible law abiding gun owner or prospective owner should have no problem with regulations like you do with a car other than they are just too lazy. don't want to bother with the hassle of paperwork kind of excuses. or infringing on my rights, code for, too lazy too bother with the rules. lots of cr*p in a free society that have regulations.

there are millions of legit gun owners that support gun regulations this should be a no brainer.
If the government would enforce the guns laws already on the books, which they don't, it still would not stop a criminal from stealing a gun or making a bomb, if they can't find a gun to steal.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:29 PM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
There's no such thing as a sensible, effective gun law. None of them have any beneficial effect. Anything "sensible" will be easily circumvented. The only effect they have is on honest people who obey them. They criminal, who could care less about the laws, easily find ways to circumvent them.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Government has convinced many and prohibited us from arming ourselves when out in public and the big bad gun is bad....

So, many people walk about, thinking government will protect them from those that did not consent to the governments demands.
To those, I say Boo, friggin Hoo! For being so gullible for placing their safety in the hands of people they don't know.

Millions of people can never legislate my individual civil rights.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
oh please, such Shakespeare. a few days back you were just saying how un equal people are unless they have gun, so how can a single vote be more deadly?

Government has killed more innocent people than the people ever has.

Please do not twist my words. I didn't say, """ how un equal people are unless they have gun,""

I said, if one does not have the SAME weapon as I, they are not equal to me.

Meaning, if they have less of a weapon, they are inferior. If they have more of a weapon, I am inferior.
We would not be equal.
But, twist it and lie to suit the agenda being pushed, to show us all how to practice SOCIAL JUSTICE 101

Old 06-13-2016, 12:47 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No sensible gun laws because the NRA and extreme right wingers don't want them. Also, because Congress is bought and paid for by the NRA.
In the 2014 election, the NRA gave no single campaign more than $9,900. https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/top...082&cycle=2014 My Senator spent $7.8M on his campaign https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...328&cycle=2014 Based on that, the NRA contributed 0.126% of his campaign spending. How can you be bought and paid for with with less than 1% of the campaign?

Does the NRA track voting records and report? Yes. Every group associated with civil rights should do that.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:48 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Quote:

Make it like a car? You mean buy and sell without paperwork, drive across state lines, 500 round (horsepower) guns availible everywhere? No special permits for private non road useage? Where do I sign up? Couple of hundred thousand accidents and tens of thousands of deaths and no one bats their eye? Sure. Not having people call for bans on cars after a drunk mows down a bridal party and flower girls? Yep.

You don't even know what you are asking for.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:51 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If the government would enforce the guns laws already on the books, which they don't, it still would not stop a criminal from stealing a gun or making a bomb, if they can't find a gun to steal.
I have agree, continue to agree we need to enforce the laws we have. we also need to enforce ant new laws such as the ones closing loop holes so people can by pass a background check at gun shows. you ok with unstable criminal people getting easy, unfettered gun access?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies