Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 12:53 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hard to defend against a crazed person with an AR-15. The gunman was armed with an AR-15-type semiautomatic rifle . The rifle can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds. During the Orlando shooting, more than 20 rounds were fired in rapid succession. What legitimate reason do citizens need a military weapon in their arsenal?
Seriously? Ever been charged by a wild boar?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Make it like a car? You mean buy and sell without paperwork, drive across state lines, 500 round (horsepower) guns availible everywhere? No special permits for private non road useage? Where do I sign up? Couple of hundred thousand accidents and tens of thousands of deaths and no one bats their eye? Sure. Not having people call for bans on cars after a drunk mows down a bridal party and flower girls? Yep.

You don't even know what you are asking for.

and keeping and bearing a car, is not a protected civil right.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Seriously? Ever been charged by a wild boar?
That is what the .38 spcl is for, when out bowhunting.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:55 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Government has convinced many and prohibited us from arming ourselves when out in public and the big bad gun is bad....

So, many people walk about, thinking government will protect them from those that did not consent to the governments demands.
To those, I say Boo, friggin Hoo! For being so gullible for placing their safety in the hands of people they don't know.

Millions of people can never legislate my individual civil rights.
the constitution did not say we get to walk around town with a gun on my waist and a rifle slung across your back.

you assume what other people think. you are wrong, I don't go around thinking the government is going to protect me. I am self reliant. yes, millions of people can legislate your individual civil rights, it is your choice to ignore the law or not. gee do you feel the same way about people trying to legislate the right to choice?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Make it like a car? You mean buy and sell without paperwork, drive across state lines, 500 round (horsepower) guns availible everywhere? No special permits for private non road useage? Where do I sign up? Couple of hundred thousand accidents and tens of thousands of deaths and no one bats their eye? Sure. Not having people call for bans on cars after a drunk mows down a bridal party and flower girls? Yep.

You don't even know what you are asking for.

you have just described how it is now to get a gun. lots of gun sales/exchanges are paperless and not accounted for.

no one is asking for a ban, I support the right to bear arms.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the constitution did not say we get to walk around town with a gun on my waist and a rifle slung across your back.

you assume what other people think. you are wrong, I don't go around thinking the government is going to protect me. I am self reliant. yes, millions of people can legislate your individual civil rights, it is your choice to ignore the law or not. gee do you feel the same way about people trying to legislate the right to choice?
You do know that SCOTUS ruled that the police have no obligation to protect anyone?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You do know that SCOTUS ruled that the police have no obligation to protect anyone?
as I said I am self reliant.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:59 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,302,319 times
Quote:
a man on the watch list, twice should never of been able to buy a gun. gun reform not banning guns.

getting a gun should be like driving a car. go to drivers ed/gun class. get a permit, register nad have insurance.
Driving a car is a privilege. Not a constitutional right.

What procedure, complete with checks and balances, is the government required to follow when putting people on that watch list ?

Is the person going to be notified when he or she is being placed on this list ?

Is there going to be a defined legal process for the accused individual to clear their name ?

Is there going to be a set deadline for completing such process that the government will have to abide by ?

Is the burden of proof going to be on the government or the person being accused ?

Would the government be required to disclose the evidence in their possession ?

What other constitutional protections are you willing to sacrifice ?

Should we go one step further and suspend all Constitutional rights for the people accused of any crime ? You know, for the sake of public safety.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:

The hell it doesn't.

When I bear my ass, I expose it to the world.

Keep, where I choose, and bear when I choose. Remember this nation was all about OUR INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY, not the power of government to decide for us..... and that shall not be infringed.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Driving a car is a privilege. Not a constitutional right.

What procedure, complete with checks and balances, is the government required to follow when putting people on that watch list ?

Is the person going to be notified when he or she is being placed on this list ?

Is there going to be a defined legal process for that individual to clear their name ?

Is there going to be a set deadline for completing such process that the government will have to abide by ?

Is the burden of proof going to be on the government or the person being accused ?

Would the government be required to disclose the evidence in their possession ?

What other constitutional protections are you willing to sacrifice ?
never said driving a car was a right. said guns should be regulated like we do with cars.

as to your other questions, they would be hammered out when drafting the law and in the process going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies