Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 02:06 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Perhaps we should start with forcing FBI to compile the national database of the cases when a crime was stopped by use of a legally owned gun, just like they do with gun related crimes, and then we can compare the number of lives saved vs the number of lives taken by the use of legally owned guns, and make the decision based on factual data ?
if general society wanted us to be walking around with weapons on our sides and back like we did in the wild west days, we would still be doing it.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if general society wanted us to be walking around with weapons on our sides and back like we did in the wild west days, we would still be doing it.

I still do, with both open carry and concealed carry, and when i go to town, with both at the same time.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:10 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

the murders in orlando had very little to do with firearms, and everything to do with the conscious thought of that supposed human being.
1. The innocent people murdered and injured in Orlando were targeted by a radical Muslim ISIS supporter who killed and maimed because these people were gay. No other reason. End of story.

2. There is a meme floating around Face Book right now. Something to the effect "if this terrorist is not representative of all Muslims, why is he representative of all gun owners?" Are AR's "bad"? Mine isn't. Neither is my neighbors. Neither is the one owned by the guy down the street. But then............none of us want to murder club goers because they're gay. And none of us follow a religion that DICTATES that those innocent mostly-young club dwellers must die because they're gay.

Jesus people. Stop it. Remember the innocent people who died yesterday. Acknowledge who killed and why. Work the freakin problem. It's not rocket science.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:11 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Perhaps we should start with forcing FBI to compile the national database of the cases when a crime was stopped by use of a legally owned gun, just like they do with gun related crimes, and then we can compare the number of lives saved vs the number of lives taken by the use of legally owned guns, and make the decision based on factual data ?
I actually saw a listing of those on one of these gun threads. I think it was in the neighborhood of 300,000.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no due process involved.
An even better reason than the one mentioned earlier.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:13 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
My husband is never unarmed. Never. He is a retired law enforcement officer. To put it mildly, he's seen some crazy stuff.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
as long as you are legal to do so, however you are obligated to follow local ordinance or get risk individual liberty by the man. as we say in my house if the man wants ya, he's gonna get ya.
As you and the many others here are having the hardest time reasoning with the text of the amendment, so will they, when we argue it in court and a jury of my peers.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:

In 1876 and a stacked supreme court after the Civil War, they started to disarm the public(the freemen) and the supreme court determined and ruled, We The People did not have the god given right to arm ourselves. The Civil War, was a wake up to the federal government, how dangerous the 2nd amendment was to the federal government when they wished to step on the constitution.
1896, they then determined We The People had no god given right to Militia.

Now, that was the entire reason for the 2nd amendment... The supreme court said we no longer had.... PERIOD!
The amendment didn't change. 9 guys in robes nullified it on the spot, no questions asked.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Who died and made you the arbiter of what people need or feel they need...no one.

The problem isn't banning the AR-15. The problem is the incremental nature of progressives....give them an inch, they'll take a mile.

We let the supreme court outlaw fully automatic and modified small arms, already. Now the time has come for another inch.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:26 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
What are the Feds going to do when the vast majority of state and local governments decides to ignore the diktats from Washington?
Withhold federal funding from whatever program they think will inflict the most damage/pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies