Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 12:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I wonder what ISIS thinks about the NRA....
If the Syrian people in these towns invaded by ISIS had a NRA they could of been armed to the teeth and shot back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 05:30 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If the Syrian people in these towns invaded by ISIS had a NRA they could of been armed to the teeth and shot back.
Not likely. That assumes that they don't actually support ISIS widely. Which is BS. The populations of Iraq and Syria outnumber ISIS by more than 1000:1. If Muslims didn't widely support ISIS there would be no ISIS.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:41 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Being a member of the NRA doesn't guarantee that member is any less psychotic or apt to damage with a gun than the next person. For all we know many members joined the NRA as a cover and could be another way for a terrorist to infiltrate into society. Sure that's just a conspiracy theory, but I grow tired of the holier than thou gun toter who thinks the NRA is the God Group of gun ownership.

I've said it many times before, that I feel the NRA epically fails at trying to help with the problem. I grow weary of the majority of the time listening to the NRA tout freedom to own a gun, and how a few wreck it for the rest. All truths, but it doesn't get to the issue. The most powerful gun lobby in the world lays back with all of these incidents around and mostly plays the silent card. Or, it's the victim's fault because they themselves didn't have a conceal permit and were not able to help themselves. Please.

The NRA could easily be speaking alongside the president vowing to help, but that's not going to happen.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm curious, and haven't been able to find any statistics. Who knows how many of the "mass shootings" in this country have been committed by NRA members? There are some 6 million members of the NRA in this country, enough to have statistically significant data. I personally can't recall a single mass shooting where the criminal has been a member-but with that many members I have to expect that there are some.

BTW....there are nearly twice as many NRA members in the US as there are Muslims. If NRA members committed mass shootings at anywhere near the rate of Muslims, I think it's a pretty safe bet you'd hear about it.
NRA members is not the problem with the NRA. It's the NRA leadership and political buying of politicians to insure the NRA real purpose .... facilitate the selling of more guns and ammo.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:52 AM

I have to wonder, now that Clinton is proving herself to be a suitable heir for Oblubber, and is continuing the ISIS apology tour that has been in place for years...is she killing her campaign? The American people aren't complete morons (Obama's election and Sanders support not withstanding). Most people see through her demonizing the 6 million members of the NRA who had absolutely nothing to do with this horrific act. As do most that recognize that the group she defends and actively promotes with special treatment with regard to our immigration laws is directly responsible and is simply doing as their pedophile prophet commanded. Most people are disgusted by the lies and deceit.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
NRA members is not the problem with the NRA. It's the NRA leadership and political buying of politicians to insure the NRA real purpose .... facilitate the selling of more guns and ammo.
Is ignorance a requirement to join the anti-gun crusade? Or do anti-gun groups just turn their members into desperate losers? Kind of like Islam-does it attract violent, ignorant loons, or does it warm otherwise normal people with it's constant promotion of hate and slaughter?

OH, btw, now that we're on page 4...where is that list of mass shootings by NRA members?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:15 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
They don't do the shootings.... they just stand up for the people who actually do the shootings.
Could you provide a link to your statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. And their leader, Wayne LaPierre, makes sure we can never have a conversation about it. We must simply live with a mass shooting every few weeks because, oh, well, nothing we can do about it.

Can't even keep the terrorists on the watch list gun free. Terrorists have rights, you know. If they want to buy a few semi automatics and shoot up a bar, well, what could WE have done to stop them? Shall not be infringed, you know.
The FBI was watching this guy, why would NRA be involved? How many of us are interviewed by the FBI?

This is insane people are stupid enough to think the government isn't the one dropping the ball. The guy had co-workers complain about the guy and guess what they mentioned his faith in Islam, was an issue.

I haven't heard his NRA membership was conflicting with his Islamic faith. Gay and Islamic......you take the guess!

Old 06-14-2016, 08:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Not likely. That assumes that they don't actually support ISIS widely. Which is BS. The populations of Iraq and Syria outnumber ISIS by more than 1000:1. If Muslims didn't widely support ISIS there would be no ISIS.
I to wondered about this......unless this gay connection is the real reason these men are not taking up arms and fighting to the death. Beginning to see why women are hated over there and it has nothing to do with keeping them in line for their own good.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:23 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
I'm curious, and haven't been able to find any statistics. Who knows how many of the "mass shootings" in this country have been committed by NRA members? There are some 6 million members of the NRA in this country, enough to have statistically significant data. I personally can't recall a single mass shooting where the criminal has been a member-but with that many members I have to expect that there are some.

BTW....there are nearly twice as many NRA members in the US as there are Muslims. If NRA members committed mass shootings at anywhere near the rate of Muslims, I think it's a pretty safe bet you'd hear about it.
Who knows, but I'm always amused by the morons who babble incessantly about how bad guns are, yet they, themselves either own guns or have body guards. They don't seem to have a clue how foolish they are.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. And their leader, Wayne LaPierre, makes sure we can never have a conversation about it. We must simply live with a mass shooting every few weeks because, oh, well, nothing we can do about it.

Can't even keep the terrorists on the watch list gun free. Terrorists have rights, you know. If they want to buy a few semi automatics and shoot up a bar, well, what could WE have done to stop them? Shall not be infringed, you know.
Funny, I don't see Mr. LaPierre posting to this discussion thread. Is he poking and prodding you in an attempt to disable your posting abilities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies