Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Until they don't and open fire on soft targets. Or our own finest.
I hope someone takes away your car, because it's only a matter of time before you start mowing down pedestrians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 09:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I hope someone takes away your car, because it's only a matter of time before you start mowing down pedestrians.
I support our troops!

Old 06-13-2016, 09:59 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Why does it matter if they haven't been convicted of a crime?

If the Pulse club murderer had been locked away for making those statements and was kept in prison, would his 49 victims be alive today?

Why are you willing to violate some rights to keep people safe but not other rights?
Because I'm not an idiot who takes a hardlined stance and who knows that many times supicion or even being convicted of a crimes doe not mean people cannot change their stance or life circumstances around.

BTW, are you for all the convicted felons who have been stripped of their voting rights even after they have paid their price to society by being imprisoned? If not, why not?

What sort of behaviors mean you lose specific rights?

IMO voting rights are more important than gun rights. And blocking people from buying guns does nothing of substance to their freedom or their circumstances in their day to day lives.

Imprisonment and our legal system and the rights afforded to us are specifically addresses in our founding documents. The 2nd amendment doesn't say that everyone, no matter their background has the right to bear arms. And in light of our global society today, we need to keep our right to bare arms but place reasonable restrictions and reforms on those who may pose a threat.

I doubt a convicted drug dealer is threatening us by voting and I doubt they ever voted before they get out of prison 10+ years later, however as stated in many states they are not afforded the right to vote for a time period. Having those investigated by the FBI or CIA or similar state agencies for suspected terrorism, IMO warrants flagging those individuals and placing restrictions on their access to firearms AND federal or state employment.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:04 AM

572 posts, read 279,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
You are really reaching in that post. No one is trying to take your precious guns away
Every time there's a mass shooting, suddenly Obama is ordering his personal Gestapo to break into everyone's homes and take away their guns so they won't be able to fight back when he hands the country over to ISIS.

Times like these demonstrate clearly just how insane the right has become.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I support our troops!
Run away! Run away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Because I'm not an idiot who takes a hardlined stance and who knows that many times supicion or even being convicted of a crimes doe not mean people cannot change their stance or life circumstances around.

BTW, are you for all the convicted felons who have been stripped of their voting rights even after they have paid their price to society by being imprisoned? If not, why not?

What sort of behaviors mean you lose specific rights?

IMO voting rights are more important than gun rights. And blocking people from buying guns does nothing of substance to their freedom or their circumstances in their day to day lives.

Imprisonment and our legal system and the rights afforded to us are specifically addresses in our founding documents. The 2nd amendment doesn't say that everyone, no matter their background has the right to bear arms. And in light of our global society today, we need to keep our right to bare arms but place reasonable restrictions and reforms on those who may pose a threat.

I doubt a convicted drug dealer is threatening us by voting and I doubt they ever voted before they get out of prison 10+ years later, however as stated in many states they are not afforded the right to vote for a time period. Having those investigated by the FBI or CIA or similar state agencies for suspected terrorism, IMO warrants flagging those individuals and placing restrictions on their access to firearms AND federal or state employment.
I'm fine with convicted felons regaining their voting rights?

Why are you in favor of removing rights?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
GOP blocks bill to stop terrorists from buying guns | MSNBC

He was able to buy them because the republicans in congress blocked a bill that would have prohibited the sale of guns to people on the FBI watch list.
Absolutely. Many of which are heavily funded by the NRA.

Quote:
Should I assume you want to incarcerate people on those watch lists? If not, why shouldn't they be locked up?
Why would you assume such a ridiculous thing? Again - with the black and white thinking. All or nothing. Typical conservative.

How about they not be allowed to purchase a gun? Let's start there.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:22 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,010,346 times
Default Was it just the one shooter?....

Multiple Suspects On The Loose In Orlando - Why The Media Blackout Of Eyewitness Accounts? | Zero Hedge

Old 06-13-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How about they not be allowed to purchase a gun? Let's start there.
The Bill Of Rights. Have you never heard of them?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:25 AM

14,450 posts, read 20,627,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
A day after the deadliest mass shooting in US history, questions are mounting over why the shooter Omar [b]Mateen was legally able to buy an assault rifle and handgun despite having been investigated twice by the FBI for suspected terrorist sympathies!

If some of those club goers had guns they could have blown the scumbag away! How the hell does a person armed with an assault rifle and lbs. of ammo even enter a club?
Yes Mateen should have at least been on a watch list.

No individual should be able to by such an assault rifle.
All those people who already have one (as a registered owner of such a rifle) should be put on a watch list today.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Yes Mateen should have at least been on a watch list.

No individual should be able to by such an assault rifle.
All those people who already have one (as a registered owner of such a rifle) should be put on a watch list today.
He didn't have an assault rifle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies