Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 03:44 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His dad was pro-Taliban the son claimed he was doing this because of ISIS, one has nothing to do with the other. The Taliban is an enemy of ISIS.
They all have the same goal in the end. Stop thinking just because he mentioned different groups his intent was not to commit jihad during Ramadan. That's just a stupid talking point. The guy was American, his parents were from Afghanistan, and his wife's family was from Palestine, and his friend joined ISIS. Of course he's going to have divided loyalties, but in the end it all leads to one thing, radical Islam.

Oh, and if ISIS is the enemy of the Taliban, how come I have been reading so many accounts that ISIS has sent people to train young Afghani boys how to fight? They all came from al Qaeda and all have the same goal. The fighting is just power struggles within the organizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 06:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
No it isn't semantics. If you have any understanding of the issue, ISIS has operatives that they place and direct from abroad. In addition, they instruct followers to commit an act of terror from where they live and then claim the act for ISIS. It is not semantics. In the first instance, ISIS plans and executes an attack via a funded operative placed in our country. In the second (ORLANDO) scenario, a citizen of the USA committed an act unbeknownst to ISIS but pledged allegiance to ISIS while in the process of committing the event. Read it real slow, and see if you still think it's SEMANTICS...LOL

In the ban all Muslim meme that you are pushing, this is where your semantics argument just looks stupid. Regan allowed Mateen's parents to immigrate to this country, so Obama played no part. Mateen wasn't a foreign Muslim. He was an American citizen. He was also just one of many, many, American citizens who have committed mass shootings with a gun. Shockingly, many of them were neither Muslim or immigrants. I know you are struggling with the verbiage, but a ban on a religion doesn't address our problem. In truth, it would not have stopped any of the mass shootings in this country. That's right--not one. Of course, to you its just semantics.
First, you nor I know for a fact that he was/wasn't in contact with ISIS or a ISIS sympathizer/controller here in the U.S. so that's just your conjecture which may turn out to be false.

Second, I NEVER said anything about how I'm for "banning Muslims", those are YOUR words so who looks stupid?

Third, I've not said ANYTHING ABOUT FAVORING ANY BAN ON A RELIGION, again YOUR words.

Forth, I NEVER SAID that Obama played any part in the terrorists looney family coming here. Again, YOUR WORDS.
Nice try at spin and obfuscation.
Let's stick to the facts...

Old 06-17-2016, 11:28 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First, you nor I know for a fact that he was/wasn't in contact with ISIS or a ISIS sympathizer/controller here in the U.S. so that's just your conjecture which may turn out to be false.

Second, I NEVER said anything about how I'm for "banning Muslims", those are YOUR words so who looks stupid?

Third, I've not said ANYTHING ABOUT FAVORING ANY BAN ON A RELIGION, again YOUR words.

Forth, I NEVER SAID that Obama played any part in the terrorists looney family coming here. Again, YOUR WORDS.
Nice try at spin and obfuscation.
Let's stick to the facts...
The facts are the larger issue. Calling an operative sent to this country by a terrorist group and a lone wolf citizen the same thing is not a case of semantics. Did the terrorist send Mateen's parents here under Regan knowing one day they would give birth to a killer who would commit an act of violence on bar patrons? If you think this is a valid hypothesis, it makes ISIS an almost insurmountable threat because they can predict the future.

Have you read any of the information about Mateen released by the FBI? It is a FACT that they stated he does not appear to have any direct ties to ISIS. His own posts and ramblings demonstrate that he praised several terrorists organizations not just ISIS. He claimed the killings for ISIS, but like most things, it isn't as simple as that. That is a FACT. Period.

It is less than disingenuous to claim it is just semantics to suggest that a terrorist sent here to commit an act of terror and supported by a known terrorist group is the same as a citizen acting on his own will and crediting that action to the aforementioned group is the SAME thing. It is also extremely dangerous because it doesn't address the true circumstances. If we just claim it is all semantics, we can't formulate a strategy by being so dismissive of crucial truths.

This tragedy was perpetrated by a legal citizen whose parents immigrated to our country under Regan, and that is factual and completely spin free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies