Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:30 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
As soon as you accuse the NRA of anything, their massive lobbying effort starts to discredit anyone who speaks against them. A bunch of losers!!!
You are correct ALL those speaking against the NRA are a bunch of losers.

They are the typical liberal who knows VERY FEW FACTS and just repeat what the LSM feeds them and blindly supports ANYTHING their politician tell them WITHOUT checking the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
We register sex offenders, a lot of whom have turned out to have committed offenses far less threatening than rape or pedophilia, and you can access their names and addresses at this site.

Yet we have not shown the will to locate, identify and (justifiably) stigmatize radical Islamists. Why???
I belied those sex offenders WERE charged, had a trial and WERE CONVICTED.

The were NOT put on any list because they MIGHT do something.

Apples and oranges.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Some of our Congressmen need to be deported.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The NRA is complicit in these mass shootings'

Thread FAIL BIG TIME.

The NRA does NOT MAKE nor ENFORCE laws.

Obama has had NO problem with his EO's and EM's when it suits him.

The shooter went buy a gun, He filled out the fed application form.

The form was sent to the FBI.

The FBI returned the application APPROVED.

The shooter went a week later to buy a gun.

AGAIN the application form was sent to the FBI who returned it APPROVED.

So, please, PLEASE show us where the NRA was in the application process.

Also, I believe I heard,the shooter recently went to Syria.

If he was on the no fly list how was he able to fly to Syrian and back?
This is the FOURTH case of Obama's administration failing to even TRY to stop a terrorist attack.

1) Russia warns us about the Tsarnaev brothers. But they are able to fly back and forth to Dhazakstan, get weapons, and kill innocent Americans. After the attack, their mother openly expresses her contempt and hatred for America.

2) Major Nidal Hassan corresponds with Al Queda and doesn't hide his Jihadist sympathies. This is ignored by the military. So he kills unarmed soldiers at Fort Hood, shouting "Allahu Akbar" -- Obama calls it "workplace violence."

3) Tashfeen Malik, openly sympathetic to Al Queda and ISIS, is given a K-1 visa to come to the U.S. She and her husband kill innocent Americans in San Bernardino.

4) The Orlando shooter is able to buy guns in spite of being under suspicion by the FBI and in spite of its being known that he celebrated when the World Trade Center was attacked on 9/11. He is also able to get security clearances to guard a federal facility. Then he kills 50, and injures 53 at a nightclub.

Great job Obama.

Now, of course, we can expect to hear Obama talk about....

1) how Islam (which means "submission," and which tells its adherents to kill, convert or oppress all non-Muslims) is the "religion of peace"

2) how guns need to be taken away from law-abiding non-Muslim U.S. citizens -- when having guns would have been the only way the night club goers could have stopped the shooter who was trying to murder them

3) how we need to admit thousands more unvetted (and in many cases, unvettable) Muslims to this country, and

4) how we "shouldn't get on our high horse" because of the Crusades --which only happened after 300 years of Muslim attacks on Europe.

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-15-2016 at 06:51 AM..

Old 06-15-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
They want people like him to be able to purchase guns. They want people to be able to have assault weapons. They want people to be able to have 1000 guns if they so desire. The NRA fuels our gun crazy culture. Throwing the 2nd amendment in my face changes nothing. Our gov't makes plenty of irresponsible decisions on a daily basis, so just because something is legal doesn't make it good.
You are ignorant of any FACTS and spout nothing but B.S.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Some of our Congressmen need to be deported.

Good questions. The anti-gun libs will have no answers that make any sense.

You seem to not be able to connect much on NRA, but want President Obama and Congressmen out........nothing to do with NRA or legal gun owners.

Notice how these shooters, just purchased their firearms, they were not "gun owners" to begin with. Let alone members of the NRA!

Old 06-15-2016, 10:02 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Good questions. The anti-gun libs will have no answers that make any sense.

You seem to not be able to connect much on NRA, but want President Obama and Congressmen out........nothing to do with NRA or legal gun owners.

Notice how these shooters, just purchased their firearms, they were not "gun owners" to begin with. Let alone members of the NRA!
I am generally conservative, but I do not always go along with that viewpoint. I believe the NRA goes overboard with gun rights to the detriment of our safety. I have about as low of an opinion of Obama and congress as is possible to have.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
I am generally conservative, but I do not always go along with that viewpoint. I believe the NRA goes overboard with gun rights to the detriment of our safety. I have about as low of an opinion of Obama and congress as is possible to have.
Yet, you haven't given me one law the NRA has stood in front of. There is a 3 day waiting period, background checks, what more do you want? With all the shootings that have happened all of them have involved a parent who has tried to get help for the person. These people have been recorded to be ticking time bombs. In this case the father knew, the wife knew and Disney World told FBI back in April something was going on and it was ignored. Little known fact; this administration has cleaned the records of many people on the watch list......I wonder why this is a plan to get rid of radicals in America, instead of the President calling them Americans.

How did NRA or the gun shop owner become the ones to question, they are doing their jobs.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:12 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
For all of the Trump supporters who are helping him pat himself on the back for predicting another terrorist attack--as if everyone didn't know there would be more--the President actually foresaw this very scenario coming and spoke out about it at a town hall a few weeks ago, talking about how the NRA has tied LE's hands when it comes to keeping weapons out of the hands of ISIS supporters.

"I just came from a meeting today in the situation room, in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens. And we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun."

Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

The NRA is complicit in these mass shootings.
And, it will happen even more as Obama lets Muslims pour into our country. Obama knows the plan so why wouldn't he know what to expect? https://civilusdefendus.wordpress.co...amic-conquest/ and it will get worse: ISIS to Launch a Tet Offensive Against 50 American Cities - Dave Hodges - The Common Sense Show And, the last thing needed is to disarm the citizens.

The Muslim in the Orlando shooting had been on the watch list and was removed during the time that Clinton was Secretary of State along with 1,000 others. He was a security guard authorized to carry a weapon. Maybe if he were still on the watch list, the outcome might have been different. Was Omar Mateen on the Terrorist Watch List? - The Atlantic

Of course, people with this belief and plans are going to continue to commit terrorism in our country and others. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out!

Old 06-16-2016, 04:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
It will take about 10,000 Muslim terrorist attacks -- and over 1 million dead non-Muslim Americans -- before libs and leftists ever admit that Islam is the problem.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:01 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Again - not one answer to why NY has the toughest gun laws but gun violence went up 25% in NYC in 2015 - do people want to debate or just come here to show how little they actually know about stats and the current laws that aren't enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies