Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:28 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I love how we went from terrorist being investigated by the FBI to he's gay.

Gotta love government run media!

Goes completely from Obumblers incompetency and Islamic terrorist to crazy gay dude..

Sheep
That is what happens when you have 24hr news channels that feel like they need to fill the air with anything new even if it is incorrect or just downright false. When things like this happen, I find it better to simply stop listening to the news until it dies down, and then we get to see the facts presented more clearly rather than speculation after speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 05:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
For all of the Trump supporters who are helping him pat himself on the back for predicting another terrorist attack--as if everyone didn't know there would be more--the President actually foresaw this very scenario coming and spoke out about it at a town hall a few weeks ago, talking about how the NRA has tied LE's hands when it comes to keeping weapons out of the hands of ISIS supporters.

"I just came from a meeting today in the situation room, in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens. And we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun."

Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

The NRA is complicit in these mass shootings.

Another crock of baloney.

The NRA is neither "complicit"() in this terrorist attack, nor did they have even one thing to do with it.

Put away your MSNBC flash cards.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:11 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
For all of the Trump supporters who are helping him pat himself on the back for predicting another terrorist attack--as if everyone didn't know there would be more--the President actually foresaw this very scenario coming and spoke out about it at a town hall a few weeks ago, talking about how the NRA has tied LE's hands when it comes to keeping weapons out of the hands of ISIS supporters.

"I just came from a meeting today in the situation room, in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens. And we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun."

Obama Warned Two Weeks Ago That Something Like The Orlando Shooting Could Happen

"Warned"= anti-gun rhetoric

Old 06-14-2016, 05:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It's a pretty fine brush. Don't sell guns to people that you don't even trust to board a plane. A broad brush would be a total ban on guns, which is not being discussed by anyone reasonable.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:45 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,202 times
like most the attack doesnt surprise me either, the FBI is good and Im sure they can stop 99% of the attacks but they cant stop 100% of them.we just have to accept this as the new norm.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
They want people like him to be able to purchase guns. They want people to be able to have assault weapons. They want people to be able to have 1000 guns if they so desire. The NRA fuels our gun crazy culture. Throwing the 2nd amendment in my face changes nothing. Our gov't makes plenty of irresponsible decisions on a daily basis, so just because something is legal doesn't make it good.
There is no reason why law-abiding Americans should not own guns.

If law abiding Americans had had guns in the Pulse Nightclub, a lot less people would have been killed by the Muslim fanatic --who celebrated 9/11 when he was 14 years old and whose father supported the anti-gay, anti-woman Taliban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
If we're going to stop Muslims from entering the country before they're properly vetted, why not do it for everybody? What's to stop a Muslim terrorist from pretending to be Christian?
We should do it for everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama is an irrelevant voice. Russia calls Obama and says look out for this guy, the feds investigate and clear him and them he blows up Boston.....The feds muddy the waters to mitigate the relevance of Islamic terrorists by saying 'domestic terrorism', which includes Nazi type skinheads who sit around and talk big with no action. This pattern of 'inclusion' is purposeful official confusion to avoid 'alienating' Muslims.
Indeed. When Janet Napolitano was the head of DHS, her agency issued a statement warning that U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan were a "terrorist threat."

With "leaders" like Obama and Napolitano, we don't need enemies. Our own government IS the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Did the President call on stricter bomb control after the Boston bombing? How about the underwear bomber, should we ban men underwear?
Good questions. The anti-gun libs will have no answers that make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I personally would like to ban muslims, including the most powerful one in the world- Obama.
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
We need to impeach Obama over lies and more lies.
He could have been impeached for so many reasons. But that would have been "racist." And Americans -- including Republicans -- don't have the guts to not allow themselves to be falsely shamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Another crock of baloney.

The NRA is neither "complicit"() in this terrorist attack, nor did they have even one thing to do with it.

Put away your MSNBC flash cards.
Exactly.

Innocent Americans have been put on no-fly and other watch lists -- even including congressmen -- so the NRA is right to tell the government to go pound sand when it tries to ban weapons to anyone on a watch list.

Our government doesn't understand who the enemy is. Or rather, our government IS the enemy.

It will remain so unless Donald Trump gets elected president. Even then, he will have a huge job cleaning out the corruption in our government agencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
like most the attack doesnt surprise me either, the FBI is good and Im sure they can stop 99% of the attacks but they cant stop 100% of them.we just have to accept this as the new norm.
I would prefer to strip all Muslims of their citizenship and deport them, while not letting any more in.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:22 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
I do believe that anyone on the no fly watch list should not be able to purchase guns - problem is the gov't employees are not competent enough to get it right. As stated Congressmen have been put on it, people with similar names have been put on it and yet - an individual who had been interviewed twice by the FBI, had connections to a suicide bomber and has a father who's allegiance is questionable is still able to purchase a gun.

It's not about more guns laws - it's about enforcing what we have and being diligent with the processes we have now to deny ownership of guns to questionable individuals.

Now I think I stated before in this thread and I'd like answers from anti-gun owners - failure to at least provide an answer means you're nothing more than a troll - how come NY State has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation including Coumo's SAFE Act and yet NY City saw a RISE in gun violence of 25% in 2015?

I await your answers - mine - because laws do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals plain and simple. And I hate guns - they scare the crap out of me but I'll be awful glad my family, friends or neighbors have one if anything happens.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:05 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There is no reason why law-abiding Americans should not own guns.

If law abiding Americans had had guns in the Pulse Nightclub, a lot less people would have been killed by the Muslim fanatic --who celebrated 9/11 when he was 14 years old and whose father supported the anti-gay, anti-woman Taliban.

We should do it for everybody.

Indeed. When Janet Napolitano was the head of DHS, her agency issued a statement warning that U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan were a "terrorist threat."

With "leaders" like Obama and Napolitano, we don't need enemies. Our own government IS the enemy.

Good questions. The anti-gun libs will have no answers that make any sense.

Me, too.

He could have been impeached for so many reasons. But that would have been "racist." And Americans -- including Republicans -- don't have the guts to not allow themselves to be falsely shamed.

Exactly.

Innocent Americans have been put on no-fly and other watch lists -- even including congressmen -- so the NRA is right to tell the government to go pound sand when it tries to ban weapons to anyone on a watch list.

Our government doesn't understand who the enemy is. Or rather, our government IS the enemy.

It will remain so unless Donald Trump gets elected president. Even then, he will have a huge job cleaning out the corruption in our government agencies.

I would prefer to strip all Muslims of their citizenship and deport them, while not letting any more in.
Some of our Congressmen need to be deported.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

"The NRA is complicit in these mass shootings'

Thread FAIL BIG TIME.

The NRA does NOT MAKE nor ENFORCE laws.

Obama has had NO problem with his EO's and EM's when it suits him.

The shooter went buy a gun, He filled out the fed application form.

The form was sent to the FBI.

The FBI returned the application APPROVED.

The shooter went a week later to buy a gun.

AGAIN the application form was sent to the FBI who returned it APPROVED.

So, please, PLEASE show us where the NRA was in the application process.

Also, I believe I heard,the shooter recently went to Syria.

If he was on the no fly list how was he able to fly to Syrian and back?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
But doesn't the no fly list put a lot of people on there for reasons unconnected to things dealing with guns? Just seems like it could be a slippery slope. I mean, if you could trust politicians I'm sure every normal regular citizen would be okay with more gun control. But just like Democrats don't trust Republicans why do Democrats expect Republicans to trust them?
"I'm sure every normal regular citizen would be okay with more gun control"

Please tell us how you come up with that ASSUMPTION.

When bill clinton passed his so-called Assault Weapon bad, the dems in Congress LOST BIG TIME in the election,

Obama tried to re-enstate the Ban and the dems SOUNDLY voted AGAINST it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies