Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 03:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, because a handful of misguided hate mongering *Christian pastors* sure do equal entire countries filled with people who not only feel that way, but act on it because it's legal to kill those they hate.

And to think prayers were said last night for the Orlando victims at my local church, Our Lady of the Beheaders.
And you take issue with my statement that "Hatred is the enemy"? Because that's such an offensive statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 03:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And you take issue with my statement that "Hatred is the enemy"? Because that's such an offensive statement?
Offensive? No. In order to safeguard yourself from the enemy, you need to identify the enemy. Hate is a little too broad and generic for my liking. A lot of people hate and never do anything to express their hatred. Hate isn't the enemy.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:16 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Quote:
Cognitive dissonance.

Clearly.

Hatred is the enemy doesn't "paint" anyone.

O.K., are you saying that those that are part of the radical islamic movement, hate anything that has to do with being American?

If so, then I apologize......

Old 06-14-2016, 04:18 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Btw aside from the terrorist attack in Orlando and France we had a hostage decapitated today and multiple bodies found of fishermen killed by Boka Hara.

That makes it 4 Islamist extremist terrorist attacks in only 2 days.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:34 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,395,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
All I know is it isn't about Islam, but the terrorist are Muslim......

Also, something about these people are still learning to live in the world of others. I guess we just need to give them more time to grow up then we will see them change.

Only to find out the shooter was gay.......no, not confusing at all!
Well, Islam was founded by terrorism, so...

Old 06-14-2016, 05:01 PM

30,293 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
THIS ^^^^^ is a stark example of the truth in a progressive mind.

When it comes to:
your religious beliefs
your right to defend yourself and your family
your right to personal freedom
your right to live without interference from a tyrannical government
...etc.
I don't give a crap about your constitutional rights.
Yep. All you have to do to get the absolute truth out of a lib is keep pointing out facts until they get so frustrated that they scream out what they really feel. We already knew that they didn't give a damn about Constitutional Rights...too bad it takes someone to get angry to finally admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Here's the thing, when people say most Muslims never commit an act of terror, a common response is to ask 'how many secretly agree with the acts of terror?' And I'm sure that number is higher than most liberals want to admit.

But why is a Christian's support of this shooting any different than a Muslims if in the debate on Islamic terrorism, conservatives often point out that non-violence does not mean they are opposed to the violence? Now, I know this forum doesn't do well with justify or acknowledging hypocrisy, but I'd love a response on this.
You are not to mention any hate from anyone unless it's a Christian. That is the ONLY acceptable time to point out that someone is hateful...and they had better be white. You better find a white, male Christian before you DARE talk about "hate". Everyone else is simply misunderstood, and we are mean to them, our nation of evil, horrible, hateful white male Christians....it's because of them that everyone else hates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
He fits right in with that Christian pastor in Sacramento who basically said the same thing.
See? You're only supposed to mention Christians. A Muslim kills 49 innocent people, it is CLEARLY not the fault of Muslims, it's the fault of evil white, male Christians. Duh, skepticratic....

Quote:
And here is a Baptist pastor in Orlando weighing in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...pm_local_pop_b

Which supports the argument that hatred is the enemy, not Islam.
See, skepticratic? ONLY mention Christians, do NOT mention Muslims when a Muslim kills people! Don't bring up Muslims when a Muslim kills people. Do not discuss Muslims when a Muslim kills people. Do not question Muslims when a Muslim kills people....ONLY Christians! God, why can't you get this? (do I really need the sarc tag?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
He could have legally bought pressure cookers or fertilizer. Then what?

I have wondered why these radicals use guns when bombs would be more effective, and believe me, they know how to make very effective bombs. If I wanted to disarm a society, I guess I would start shooting up places to see how many governments would outlaw guns so law abiding people would be prohibited from having guns. Once that is done, it would be a lot easier to take over the country. Could it happen here, I doubt it. But part of the reason why it can't happen here is there is going to be a very strong resistance preventing the population from giving up their right to arm themselves.

But, gun control is not going to do anything against the Orlando style mass killing. Even if we could keep these weapons away from these combatants (we can't), heck even if we were able to keep every firearm away from them, they will just switch to bombs
Not only will there be resistance to give up the right, people will not give up their guns. The idiots in government who keep blathering on about taking away our 2nd Amendment Rights are complete and utter tool sheds. I guarantee that MILLIONS of gun owners will NOT give up their guns.

There's a reason that the 2nd Amendment is there, and it will be fought for.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

This was a report from April 2016. How can anyone allow anyone to speak who preaches hate and where a religion is not preaching to love but to hate.

I was taught to love, not to hate!

Was the monster who killed all the peace full people who just wanted a night out, part of this Mosque! Anyone who preaches to kill others must be deported after prison time.
How about this sermon from the religion of peace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNS4QZffr0E

Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about this sermon from the religion of peace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNS4QZffr0E
WOW, another wide brush....

What else can we expect?

Old 06-14-2016, 06:11 PM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times
this thread reads like

"thats not a knife, this is a knife"

There are degrees of hatred. Killing people is not the threshold for the definition of the word hate.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,388,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes, I'm glad you agree about your entire post. Nothing.

That was soooooo clever. Could you sign my broken, porcelain potty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies