U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 03:37 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,978,328 times

Advertisements

... then 9/11 was a "plane crash."

The cynicism of the leftist media never ceases to amaze me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 03:51 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,190,472 times
um, no. it was a mass shooting and a terrorist attack.

what's your point?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:53 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,673,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

what's your point?
I agree. Why can't it be both? A mass shooting can fall under the larger category of a terrorist attack.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:57 PM

4,676 posts, read 4,530,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
... then 9/11 was a "plane crash."

The cynicism of the leftist media never ceases to amaze me.
Well, 9/11 was a series of plane crashes that are classified as terrorism. This was a mass shooting, but I'm not sure if it is terrorism. Terrorism is "the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims." Not sure if the shooter had political motivations. I really haven't been that busy looking for info on this event.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:00 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,978,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

what's your point?
You know fully well what my point is.

The term "Mass shooting" is designed to take the focus away from the terrorist / religious aspect of the murders and concentrate on gun control agenda.

Which is precisely how the leftist crowd is now trying to spin this.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:07 PM

22,342 posts, read 20,187,396 times
No arguments here. I listened to the coverage on Sirius the last two days while travelling. Patriot, of course, immediately railed against radical islam and took many shot against Obama and Hillary along with legitimate criticism of their disjointed at odds with itself policy on immigration and gay rights. But they at least stayed rational and relevant to the event, the liberal channels didn't even try to. Potus with the quisling Smerconish myopically focused on the guns used and posed questions about the lethality of different weapons being used and whether theoretically the death toll would have been higher depending on that. He tap danced around the real questions completely, but the guy is an admitted sell out without journalistic integrity.
But as inane and worthless as Smerconish was, the Progressive channel was by far worst. They took the opportunity to rant against the GOP and postulated theories that had different groups had been responsible, the reaction to the shooting would have been totally different. They gave Obama and Hillary a pass and were completely at a loss to assign any blame. Cowards.
Hey LGBT community, don't worry, the left has your back if the GOP gives you flak, but you're on your own if radical islam targets you.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:09 PM

1,682 posts, read 1,044,259 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_XOEVRcoSQ

Old 06-13-2016, 04:12 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,699,146 times
Here's some contrast the left never considers....

total killed? 218.....how many injured? 924

And how many did Timothy McVeigh kill in the Oklahoma City Bombing?

168.....out of which, what, 33 were kids? Injured? About 640......

Said slightly differently, the top 6 shootings wouldn't equal what happened in Oklahoma City.....and now the clown found in LA had chemicals as well as weapons....you are worried about guns??? This guy vaporized an amount greater than the top 6 shooting sprees over 25 years in about 1/2 of one second......I'm terrified about an a-hole that shoots up the place, I'm absolutely mystified about the one that blows hundreds up in a single explosion.

For the record, eliminating assault rifles will not put a dent in anything. It's a goofy argument. One merely needs buy the Ruger 10/22 and load it up with 25 round magazines.....22 rounds are much easier to shoot (virtually no recoil) and now our friends at Ruger offer it in a take down version making it so much easier to conceal......hypervelocity .22's run about $7 a box of 50.....and have near the power of a .22 magnum out of the muzzle so close up, they are devastating...granted, not as powerful as the 5.56/.223 or 7.62x39 AK round but, dead is dead. Add the fact you can break it down and load up extra magzines without adding much weight or size and one could feasibly argue that it can be every bit as effective as an "assault" rifle in the right hands.....cost for a cheap AR? About $600-$700....cost for a Ruger 10/22 takedown? About $300......ammo? $5 for 20 rounds of 5.56 or 7.62...give or take.....cost for 50 rounds of high-quality .22 ammo? About $5-$7.....and here's the kicker....it is exponentially easier for the less skilled to become adept at a 10/22 than it ever will be for an "assault rifle".....thus dispelling the myth that taking away the "assault rifles" will do anything at all to curb the wanton violence?

As far as banning any weapons it's almost laughable....you can't get 11,000,000 illegals back over the border, what makes you think you can eliminate what, 310,000,000 guns in the hands of the American populace?

You should be terrified about bombs and chemicals....much more lethality second only to the very few, the lame, who are actually willing to use them, don't you think?

Old 06-13-2016, 04:14 PM

7,416 posts, read 5,633,426 times
The liberal narrative is 'our gun laws are so lenient, even terrorists have access to them.'

They will always find a way to focus on those guns.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:25 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,140,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
You know fully well what my point is.

The term "Mass shooting" is designed to take the focus away from the terrorist / religious aspect of the murders and concentrate on gun control agenda.

Which is precisely how the leftist crowd is now trying to spin this.
So should we stop calling mass shootings mass shootings? I guess we could start calling all mass shootings as acts of terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies