Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times

Advertisements

I've seen this story on every news channel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:25 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Good for them. Compassion has no religion or color.

And the chicken filets are excellent for replenishing the blood donors' iron.

I'd be there giving blood myself if I were there, especially being blood type B-, which is not a common type in the US.
Chick-fil-A and the Red Cross have had an affiliation for ages. I've gotten coupons for free sandwiches for blood donations in the past.

I do not agree with the founder's stance on gay marriage, but I see no evidence that that is the viewpoint of everyone who owns and works in the restaurants. I eat there because the food is good and the service is fast and friendly. They get the order correct, too.

Kudos to the Orlando store for chipping in during the aftermath of the tragedy.

FYI: wherever you live, donate blood! It may not help the victims in Orlando, but it will help someone - one pint can help two or more people.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:04 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. It's that those who scream Christianity the loudest are often the furthest from the teachings of Jesus...and that is especially true on City-Data.
You said it, so I guess that makes it correct.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Chick-fil-A and the Red Cross have had an affiliation for ages. I've gotten coupons for free sandwiches for blood donations in the past.

I do not agree with the founder's stance on gay marriage, but I see no evidence that that is the viewpoint of everyone who owns and works in the restaurants. I eat there because the food is good and the service is fast and friendly. They get the order correct, too.

Kudos to the Orlando store for chipping in during the aftermath of the tragedy.

FYI: wherever you live, donate blood! It may not help the victims in Orlando, but it will help someone - one pint can help two or more people.
As you state the "founders stance on gay marriage" is just that it's his beliefs and people can scream to high heaven over that but it doesn't change who he is. Obviously from this recent event the needs of his fellow man takes precedence of his personal convictions.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:11 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. It's that those who scream Christianity the loudest are often the furthest from the teachings of Jesus...and that is especially true on City-Data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Chick fil A apparently wants recognition for giving out some chicken patty sandwiches whereas the other companies are not insisting on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought the good works of Christians are to be done humbly and without recognition because their reward will be in heaven. Matthew 6:1.
The posts above merely serve as proof that there are a fair number of people within the LGBT / "Social Justice" crowd who are far more intent upon picking a fight than in finding even the smallest measure of common ground.

From what I've been able to discern, the effort on Chick-Fil-A's part started locally; upper management gave its full approval later. But Chick-Fil-A won't be the first to learn that not many of us object to recognizing a spiritual message, just so long as it's not thrust in everyone's face with a condescending attitude. This is a lesson that Day's Inns, Cracker Barrel, and a couple of others I could name have already learned.

And I also want to point out that this action is in direct, and revolting contrast to the actions of the often-well-organized and -financed same-sex couple who seeks service from small, often family-run businesses such as bridal salons and bakeries, with the express purpose of financial gain for their cause and its legal lackeys.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-15-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 02:14 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,074 times
Great story, one which the left will of course overlook since it doesn't further their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies