Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:46 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times

Advertisements

The National Media ignores Chick fil a now because they know better. They just look stupid anytime they try to bash Chick fil a.. I bet Chick fil a owners wish some national organization would call for another Boycott of Chick fil a!

I admire Chick fil a, not because of their Christian values but because they have the BEST service by a mile, very good food, and they don't give a 2 cent crap what other organizations or the left wing media think or say about them! I think their moto is; We are who we are and if you don't like it, don't eat here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 02:50 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, CFA did not "have" to do it. Seriously, what is with you guys? You simply will not, cannot, adamantly refuse to give credit where it's due.

The fact is: CFA opened up on a day that they aren't typically open.
The fact is: The employees cooked away to provide food (FREE!) for all the people donating blood.
The fact is: CFA did NOT "have" to do this.

Just stop.
Thank you so much

Old 06-14-2016, 02:52 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
One thing I have noticed consistently about conservatives over the last 40 years: they think they deserve a gold star when they do something that is considered just ordinary civilized behavior by other people. Like a right-wing student I knew in college who wanted to be praised for visiting her brother in the hospital while he was dying of AIDS. No honey, you don't get "extra credit" for acting like a normal human being.

Same here. That CFA location in Orlando decided to join with other restaurants in providing free food after the worst mass shooting in US history. That was the right thing to do. They don't get special props for it any more than any other business.
I think that is a very generalized statement.. I have noticed these same types of people but I am here to tell you they are NOT specific to one political party... There are folks of all creed that expect medals for ordinary tasks.. If you think right wingers have a monopoly on this attitude then your living under a rock!

Old 06-14-2016, 02:55 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The new PC America does not want to EVERr say anything good about anyone that is connected to Christianity. The liberals are too focused on gays not getting their wedding cakes to take notice of this.
No. It's that those who scream Christianity the loudest are often the furthest from the teachings of Jesus...and that is especially true on City-Data.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:55 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,267,244 times
I think I will go have some CF tonight.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Sounds like a few people think a story about free food being given out by Chick Fil should have gone viral before all the bodies were even processed from the crime scene. They were just one of many businesses at the blood bank and around the crime scene who gave out free food and services. Sorry, agendas like the OP's just don't count at times like this.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:00 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
There's nothing that can't be spun by some. No matter how good a thing they do, it'll never be a good enough.

BTW Sparky, who picked up the tab for the food and costs?

Could it be that as a Christian run business they actually practiced what they're taught, with no other motive except to help people?
I have often seen restaurants "treat" people to food after giving in a blood drive. This is nothing that unusual.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:01 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
Very noble of Chick-Fl-A. Job well done!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:15 PM

870 posts, read 1,570,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sounds like a few people think a story about free food being given out by Chick Fil should have gone viral before all the bodies were even processed from the crime scene. They were just one of many businesses at the blood bank and around the crime scene who gave out free food and services. Sorry, agendas like the OP's just don't count at times like this.

True. I think just comprehending what happened and making sense of it is more important than what food is being served and by whom. Have some class people!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:20 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Why isn't the media covering a story about a fast food chain? Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because they're busy covering a story about a terrorist who just killed 49 people and injured 53 more.

Just a guess though....

I swear, Conservatives are becoming just about as bad as liberals when it comes to playing the victim and looking for opportunities to be offended.
Wow some people do something nice and you crap all over it.

There are some serious "Debbie Downer" posters on this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies