Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 12:46 PM

50,271 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The other "scary term" the MSM has latched onto is "military grade". They throw that one around as if it means something. Well, to an extent it does-it means something that was built by the lowest bidder.
Ford is now an assault weapon

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/features/Tough/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 05:22 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
For anything but automatic or muzzle loader, rate of fire is determined by the shooter.

That is quite true, but the average person, most likely their rate of fire would be 1 round per second. And that would be generous, could be 1 round per ever 2 - 3 seconds. Now you take that same semi-automatic weapon; and take my best friend, when he was alive he could fire 8 rounds in under 2 second. This was 00 buckshot out of a Benelli M1.

So my friends rate of fire would be 4 rounds per second, maybe 5 rounds per second; or .25 - .20 tenths of a second.

Now you take the video I posted, about Jerry Miculik; Jerry is in most cases capable of rate of fire in the .1 or 1 then of a second; or 10 rounds per second. Again on a semi-automatic.

So clearly the weapon in most cases is capable of a greater rate of fire than most any shooter; but it is still Semi-automatic.

A fully-automatic systems is even faster.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I said I was NO fan of banning high capacity semi autos. Sheesh!
These people are just looking for a fight. I'll take them on.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:34 PM

A state, a county or any jurisdiction that has the ability can call a weapon any thing they want to call it and there's not a damn thing you at anybody else can do about it.
If they want to label an AR15 an assault rifle nothing anyone can do about it. They can name them Bruce and pass a law that states all rifles named Bruce are prohibited in this county and they will win in court.

Sheesh.........

Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
A state, a county or any jurisdiction that has the ability can call a weapon any thing they want to call it and there's not a damn thing you at anybody else can do about it.
If they want to label an AR15 an assault rifle nothing anyone can do about it. They can name them Bruce and pass a law that states all rifles named Bruce are prohibited in this county and they will win in court.

Sheesh.........
Probably so, but people are getting tired of the constant violations of the constitution.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Probably so, but people are getting tired of the constant violations of the constitution.
Meh, we have the best gun policies in the world for the citizens. Nobody has been taking guns away from anybody and there has been no meaningful restriction on firearms since the AWB ban expired in 2004.
Guy mows down a whole concert from the 34th floor with a Shurfire bump stock and nobody's talking about banning them. That say's something right there about your worries over more restrictive gun laws.
States, counties, towns and cities will always have the power and the right to set their own gun rules more stringent than federal law. It has always been so.

What are you guy's bitching about? Are your jockeys in a pinch?

Old 12-01-2017, 07:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
There are quite a few people on here who would benefit from this info. And no, it is not propaganda.

Assault weapon vs. assault rifle: What is the difference? | FOX25

What is an assault weapon?

An assault weapon is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed rifle designed for military use. It is a shoulder-fired weapon that allows the shooter to select between semiautomatic (requiring you pull the trigger for each shot), fully automatic (hold the trigger and the gun continuously fires) or three-shot-burst mode.

(added by OP - AND NOT LEGAL FOR CIVILIANS)
That depends on the state you live in, last I readtechnically you can even own one in California but good luck actually doing it. If you live in state that allows it there is some ATF paperwork and you have to come up with some significant $$$ to buy it.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That depends on the state you live in, last I readtechnically you can even own one in California but good luck actually doing it. If you live in state that allows it there is some ATF paperwork and you have to come up with some significant $$$ to buy it.
Nothing modern, even with the extortion fees.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

That's true. I lived there in Sausalito and had a fishing boat. In 83 I bought a HK93 folder at the largest gun dealer in the bay area for the boat. At the time you could legally by a full auto trigger group that popped in for 250.00. I bought one. In 86 when they passed the amended machine gun amnesty, it was grandfathered in. I still have the gun and just cleaned it after a year of storage last week.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's true. I lived there in Sausalito and had a fishing boat. In 83 I bought a HK93 folder at the largest gun dealer in the bay area for the boat. At the time you could by a full auto trigger group that popped in for 250.00. I bought one. In 86 when they passed the amended machine gun amnesty, it was grandfathered in. I still have the gun and just cleaned it after a year of storage last week.
Tools should be used at least every once in a while, storage Bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies