Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:07 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Oh my point, is you insinuating the case was a form of irony that laws exist that protect negligent gun owners. When that just isn't so...

A month before this trial moonbeam removed the mandatory enhancement of 10 years for commissioning the use of a firearm in a felony.

But do go on and insinuate

That just simply isn't so.
Why do you keep bringing up that point, there was no felony conviction so no enhancement.

You need to separate the fact that he was an illegal immigrant from the accidental discharge, two separate issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 11:32 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why do you keep bringing up that point, there was no felony conviction so no enhancement.

You need to separate the fact that he was an illegal immigrant from the accidental discharge, two separate issues.
You must enjoy getting slapped around.
*be Goodnight. Grandstand against firearms and the 2nd.
Grandstand for firearm legislation and defend a
1. Failed shot spotter system that costs NYers a pretty penny that can be set off by slapping 2 bricks together which doesn't prevent anything.
2. Federal agencies that lose far more weaponry than citizens and refuse to listen.
3. Now actually reverses stance on firearms so long as they're used by those here I legally resulting in the death of an American citizen. We will just chalk it up to an accidental discharge.
You've reached an all time low. Bravo You must have sat on the jury to rule not guilty. Felony possession of a firearm would have yielded the enhancement jerry brown lifted that's why I bring it up.

No grandstanding from you like a hyperbolic dink like you did over texas, vegas, etc oh those evil guns ban them, private citizens can't be trusted they lose too many guns.

*sighs*

So violating 922G isn't a felony for the prosecution to pursue?
Accidental discharge?

(5) who, being an alien—
(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or

Federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922[g][1-9]) prohibits certain individuals from possessing firearms, ammunition, or explosives. The penalty for violating this law is ten years imprisonment and/or a $250,000 fine.

Illegals aren't to have firearms ammo explosives that's the law.

Bigger picture. Court- jury, prosecution, dropped the ball. Big time.

I do thoroughly enjoy you opening mouth inserting foot on matters you know nothing about. I give you long Island/north east libs an A: in persistence. F: in delivery.

Quote:
Under police questioning hours after Kate Steinle was fatally shot on San Francisco’s Pier 14, the accused killer at one point said he had aimed at a “sea animal.”
At another point, he said the gun had been under a rag that lay on the ground near the waterfront, that it fired when he stepped on it, and that he quickly tossed the weapon into the bay so it would stop “shooting on its own.”
That pistol does not. I repeat, does not go off accidentally/shoot on its own. Go shoot that Sig and let me know what you think of its trigger.

Folks like you who know nothing of firearms that served on that jury, are your own worst enemy for letting this scumbag walk.
You'd fall for the gun discharged itself and chalk it up as an accident.
He didn't know own what it was but aimed at a sea animal. I would figure would be a sea lion... stepped on it and it went off? Pfft.

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell ya cheap

Old 12-05-2017, 05:23 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I know exactly the weight of any trigger pull. I just installed custom trigger packs in my 2 ARs with triggers that let off at 3.8lbs. In fact they're binary when the safety is switched in the proper position. The lite pull enhances the quality of the binary action significantly. I paid 500.00 each, just for those triggers.

You guys seem to have this trip where I'm some gun idiot. I know at least as much as you do and maybe more because I've been doing guns pretty solid in my life for 35 years and that's not even talking about the 10 years of military. There's people who are liberals who are very knowledgeable about guns and 2nd amendment rights. It is not just the realm of the alt right Trump supporter.

So I'll just bow out of this thread and let you all continue to fertilize the internet forums. You don't seem to want any input from the likes of me.

If that's truly the case, then you should know better than to fall for the "it went off when he picked it up" nonsense.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:59 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You must enjoy getting slapped around.
*be Goodnight. Grandstand against firearms and the 2nd.
Grandstand for firearm legislation and defend a
1. Failed shot spotter system that costs NYers a pretty penny that can be set off by slapping 2 bricks together which doesn't prevent anything.
2. Federal agencies that lose far more weaponry than citizens and refuse to listen.
3. Now actually reverses stance on firearms so long as they're used by those here I legally resulting in the death of an American citizen. We will just chalk it up to an accidental discharge.
You've reached an all time low. Bravo You must have sat on the jury to rule not guilty. Felony possession of a firearm would have yielded the enhancement jerry brown lifted that's why I bring it up.

No grandstanding from you like a hyperbolic dink like you did over texas, vegas, etc oh those evil guns ban them, private citizens can't be trusted they lose too many guns.

*sighs*

So violating 922G isn't a felony for the prosecution to pursue?
Accidental discharge?

(5) who, being an alien—
(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or

Federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922[g][1-9]) prohibits certain individuals from possessing firearms, ammunition, or explosives. The penalty for violating this law is ten years imprisonment and/or a $250,000 fine.

Illegals aren't to have firearms ammo explosives that's the law.

Bigger picture. Court- jury, prosecution, dropped the ball. Big time.

I do thoroughly enjoy you opening mouth inserting foot on matters you know nothing about. I give you long Island/north east libs an A: in persistence. F: in delivery.

Awfully long answer but you never addressed the question, there was no felony conviction so your point has nothing to do with the case. Just start a new thread on Jerry Brown and CA gun laws so you can vent.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:15 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If that's truly the case, then you should know better than to fall for the "it went off when he picked it up" nonsense.
Please point out where in this thread I ever stated that "The gun just went off."
You can't, because I never said that.

I've stated that it was an accidental discharge and I've said I personally consider accidental discharges to always be a negligent discharge.

You want to rip another poster on this forum, at least have the courtesy to read his threads first before you shred them.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:04 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
This illegal would have gotten a much more harsh slap had he actually shot the sea lion.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This illegal would have gotten a much more harsh slap had he actually shot the sea lion.
Probably true, 1ATP. Shooting the sea lion would be a deliberate act and a federal crime. Shooting the woman was an accident, unless you believe he deliberately managed a fatal head shot on a person 80 yards away with a pistol and a ricochet at that.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:48 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Please point out where in this thread I ever stated that "The gun just went off."
You can't, because I never said that.

I've stated that it was an accidental discharge and I've said I personally consider accidental discharges to always be a negligent discharge.

You want to rip another poster on this forum, at least have the courtesy to read his threads first before you shred them.
That's where you and I agree.

Where you and I disagree is where the responsibility lies in this case.

Claiming or insinuating the NRA has some responsibility here is wrong.
Trying to compare what I had pointed out that firearms don't go off on their own and proving my point for me by the 700 mechanical defect, irrelevant to the case of this incident. Now if this were a Sig P320 that fires when dropped on the rear of the slide/beaver tail and this were the case, that Zarate dropped it just right, you would have had justification to address the 700 mechanical defect. The weapon here, doesn't have the same mechanical flaw as the P320

Who ultimately should bear the responsibility?
1. According to 18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts punishable by 10 years 250k it is unlawful for an illegal to possess a weapon explosives or ammo.
2. Whomever puts weapons ammo or explosives in the hands of an illegal alien is to be punished. Who owned the weapon? Bureau of Land Management. Specifically the agent who didn't properly store/secure the weapon.
^that's not the NRA protecting a manufacturer or "stupid/irresponsible gun owners"
That's federal law that an illegal immigrant/alien/undocumented whatever phrase/feel good wording of Zarate you want to use to describe him, can't possess firearms, explosives, or ammo, and that whomever supplies said illegal immigrant/illegal alien/undocumented whatever phrase/feel good wording of Zarate, bears liability for supplying/equipping Zarate. Whether the weapon came from your or my safe/dwelling/vehicle, or a federal agents safe/dwelling/vehicle.

Goodnight likes to grandstand about private citizens losing weapons but turns a blind eye to federal bureaus/agents losing weapons and claims they are few anecdotal instances. Had this weapon belonged to say an NRA member or just a regular person, goodnight would have blasted that person as a culprit jumped on their soap box and declared all gun owners are irresponsible-as that is all they are capable of parroting.

Where you and I disagree is who bears responsibility is all.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Ultimately the person who last handled the weapon prior to the accidental shooting and failed to safely secure it would be the responsible party, IMO.
As I stated over and over in this thread. I believe that every accidental shooting is a negligent shooting, but that's just me. The man obviously didn't know how to properly handle a pistol. He should have never picked it up and called authorities over to secure the weapon or have someone with a cell phone call authorities for him if he didn't have one.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:23 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Knowing there are severe penalties for tampering with possible crime scene evidence , it's a good idea to keep your hands off, notify the authorities and guard it till they arrive .
I keep an extra micro chip for the camera for these events to hand the authorities. That and in the event of an accident all the facts are photographically recorded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies