Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 12:48 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Banning semi-autos won't stop mass shootings so what exactly is the purpose then. Plus, 200 million other rapid fire weapons are already in circulation, many without serial numbers.
True in part.
Time would remove semi-automatic weapons.

It's all a dream anyway. Neither party has the will to introduce legislation. The Dems only scream about gun control because they can do nothing; if they were in a position of power they would be afraid to use it.
Cowards, all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
True in part.
Time would remove semi-automatic weapons.

It's all a dream anyway. Neither party has the will to introduce legislation. The Dems only scream about gun control because they can do nothing; if they were in a position of power they would be afraid to use it.
Cowards, all.
The thing is, bans are never permanent. Say they do make it perm. By the time someone dies and affords the govt the opportunity to steal it, it's long gone by some other relative. I've already informed my family if I die to get my semis dissembled and to sell as parts or buy another lower to put it back together.

The Govt will get a big shoe box of paper weights and maybe a pic of me giving the finger.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You are wrong because most Liberals who own guns would support it. I know I would.

While the vast majority of gun owners are either Republicans of they just don't bother to vote, there are thousands of Democrats who own guns and most of them want reasonable gun control.

Most of us are not afraid of gun confiscation because we don't buy into the scare tactics used by some gun owners group.
There are exceptions to every rule.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:00 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The ONLY sensible gun law that is going to work, is a law forcing every American to be armed to the teeth at all times.

Then we all would be equals.

I agree. forcing Americans to be armed would be the same as forcing Americans to buy health insurance.

since Americans can be forced to buy a product, then I do not see any problem with forcing them to buy a different product, even if said product is something that they completely disagree with.

only exemptions are convicted felons and people convicted by a court for a mental health disease.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:01 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It won't stop terrorists but surely as hell will stop gangbangers! That would save a large portion of people murdered each year.

But I know democrats don't give a crap about saving lives.

Must be why the republicans are so hot to pass this kind of legislation, eh?

Old 06-15-2016, 02:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how about this law. since liberals and gun haters all seem to agree that gun laws currently on the law books are not working, then repeal all of those gun control laws and acts before attempting to pass any new gun control laws.

Here-Here!
I second that motion!

Old 06-15-2016, 02:20 PM

991 posts, read 629,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I am Republican and have never voted for a Democrat. I'm not going to, either.

But I'd be happy to see a total ban on the sale of semiautomatic weapons to the general public.
Why don't you gun grabbers educate yourselves before posting ridiculous comments?

Every gun in existence is either Automatic, Selective or Semi Auto!
A revolver is a Semi Automatic!

Now .. what guns are you in favor of taking from non terrorists?

Old 06-15-2016, 02:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Democrats would never vote for it since it would disproportionally affect minorities.

I have no problem with harsh sentences for actual criminals, not turning millions of Americans into felons by a swipe of a pen.
The became felons when the forcibly used a gun in a robbery or home invasion. Pens have nothing to do with it. You are arguing to give lighter sentences to gun wielding violent offenders.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I agree. forcing Americans to be armed would be the same as forcing Americans to buy health insurance.

since Americans can be forced to buy a product, then I do not see any problem with forcing them to buy a different product, even if said product is something that they completely disagree with.

only exemptions are convicted felons and people convicted by a court for a mental health disease.

Actually, those penned for not being able to own a gun, are classified as people, too.
The right of the people, not the right of non-felons and those of sound mind.

You see, if we walk free in the land of the free, not incarcerated or dead. A human right is to be able to defend ones self from the bullies. If they are the bully, they will be eliminated from society completely... Dead. Freedom and liberty has casualties in the war to maintain it.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Why don't you gun grabbers educate yourselves before posting ridiculous comments?

Every gun in existence is either Automatic, Selective or Semi Auto!
A revolver is a Semi Automatic!

Now .. what guns are you in favor of taking from non terrorists?

Well to be honest, my military assault WW-II Mauser, is a bolt action, but is the most accurate rifle I own. Hit tacks with steel sights at 200 yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies