Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:07 AM

1,268 posts, read 794,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So what's a good number?

How much more do christians have to do to catch up to fundamental islam?
In America, our prisons are brimming with self-proclaimed Christians. Timothy McVeigh identifies as Christian. Many of the mass shootings committed by Americans are, I am sure, perpetrated by individuals that came from predominately Christian homes. Be careful of what you think you know. You might not like the truth.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:08 AM

39,017 posts, read 51,017,655 times
I am not a devout Christian so maybe it's different, but for me the term "radical Christian" is not offensive at all. It properly describes people like in the OP's link and implies that not all are radical. So I have a hard time understanding why the President thinks that term is offensive to Muslims. I am not advocating his starting to use the term as I agree with his remarks that it is ridiculous to think that using a different term would solve anything. Still, I scratch my bean about what is so offensive about it.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:13 AM

30,011 posts, read 18,838,886 times
There are 35 more Christians than Muslim in the USA...if there are 35 similar attacks by Christian extremists before the next Muslim, then you could say they are equally violent but that's going to take 1700 deaths of gays at the hands of extremists Christians which everyone knows, is not going to happen in the next 100 years.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:14 AM

30,011 posts, read 18,838,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
In America, our prisons are brimming with self-proclaimed Christians. Timothy McVeigh identifies as Christian. Many of the mass shootings committed by Americans are, I am sure, perpetrated by individuals that came from predominately Christian homes. Be careful of what you think you know. You might not like the truth.
McVeigh claims he was an atheist when he committed the attack and claims he became Christian later.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:18 AM

759 posts, read 631,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There are 35 more Christians than Muslim in the USA...if there are 35 similar attacks by Christian extremists before the next Muslim, then you could say they are equally violent but that's going to take 1700 deaths of gays at the hands of extremists Christians which everyone knows, is not going to happen in the next 100 years.
Yeah and Hillary says the majority of Muslims are peace loving people... so if 1/10 of 1% of the next 1,000,000 Muslims to enter the US are tied to terrorism that means we only have to worry about 1000 of them killing our people at any given moment.

Sleep well my friends...

"I feel safer with a Republican as President because he doesn't refer to people who want secure borders as bigots.
"

Old 06-15-2016, 07:21 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,567,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, he is saying that if you demonize the entire religion, and marginalize its believers, you are making it easier for ISIS to recruit prospective terrorists directly, as well as via self-radicalization. That makes sense to me, in light of how these people seem to think.

Mick

P.S. "Dear Leader" is reserved for Mr. Trump. Find your own nickname for Obama, or just recycle the old ones like "Obummer".
Obama is aiding the recruitment of ISIS more than anyone with his drone strikes. He has repeatedly been ask by Muslin Leaders in Muslim countries to stop. They are outraged that he won't stop and Muslims are driven into the arms of radials when they see Obama won't respect their borders. If as you say he was consistent and serious about not " making it easier for ISIS to recruit prospective terrorists directly" he would listen and stop this recruitment program. Ignoring what the Leaders of Muslim religion are saying selectively is proof he has no creditability or strategy to keep Americans safe at home. He should resign.

There was backlash from the Italian American community when the government went after the Mafia. It was solved by Leaders making the distinction between criminals and good Italian citizens. They made it clear that the objective was to eliminate criminals not Italians. People understand the difference but Obama doesn't think people are smart enough to make the distinction. He has a very low opinion of the American people. Point being the American people at large are smart enough, and people around the world are smart enough, to see what Obama is doing under the cover of religion. The problem is that he is not smart enough and surrounds himself with fools or those who won't speak up because he will replace them if they don't go along with him and his failed ideas.

Last edited by phma; 06-15-2016 at 07:30 AM..

Old 06-15-2016, 07:28 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,046,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No one can deny that there have been a good number of white Christian terrorists bombing abortion clinics and killing and maiming providers.

Mick
We can't deny that many people are killing babies in the womb either.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How do we know? Your just making an assumption. You honestly don't think those pastors spewing hate daily to their followers isn't minimalizing the rights and lives of homosexuals. You want to put a religion on trial. Defend your own. Why are American prisons brimming with Christians at a much higher rate than Muslims?

This is why you attack extremists or individuals, not a religion or entire race.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We can't deny that many people are killing babies in the womb either.
Off topic. Do you hear ban the _______ religion because they have abortions? No, that would be idiotic and anti-American--much like this religion ban proposed by Trump.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:33 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,046,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am not a devout Christian so maybe it's different, but for me the term "radical Christian" is not offensive at all. It properly describes people like in the OP's link and implies that not all are radical. So I have a hard time understanding why the President thinks that term is offensive to Muslims. I am not advocating his starting to use the term as I agree with his remarks that it is ridiculous to think that using a different term would solve anything. Still, I scratch my bean about what is so offensive about it.
What is offensive is Obama is a muslim practicing Taqiyya.. hiding his muslim roots to advance the cause of muslims to take over the world.. if Obama had his way, he would replace everybody living here with a muslim. That is why he is so upset about the thought that muslims could be banned from coming here.. his agenda would be halted , muslims taking over the world. That is every muslims ultimate goal. And some may be killed to deplete the amount of the infidels and unbelievers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies