Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:07 AM

447 posts, read 558,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Please read my earlier posts. The problem is NOT opening a plant in China.
Please read the replies to your earlier posts. The problem is you got all facts wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 08:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
Please read the replies to your earlier posts. The problem is you got all facts wrong.
And yet, I posted links to everything I said. Do you want to address what I actually said?

I didn't figure so, no one else has wanted to either.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
And yet, I posted links to everything I said. Do you want to address what I actually said?

I didn't figure so, no one else has wanted to either.
This is the direct quote from YOUR link,

"FCA plans to sell the Jeeps it builds in China to in China."

And you said "The Renegade has started production in China to avoid import duties. It will be shipped back here with NO import duties."

So which one it right? Your statement or YOUR link?

Also from YOUR link, the Renegade production was NOT started in China. Its production was started from some other countries.

Again, this thread is "Chrysler Wants To Send All Jeep Manufacturing (from US) to China". Here is your own statement "There is zero Renegade production in the U.S." So how can Chrysler send something they never had (from US) to China?

Yes, you can argue that Chrysler did send some of the Jeep Manufacturing from Italy or Brazil to China (Thanks to YOUR link). But why should we care?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
This is the direct quote from YOUR link,

"FCA plans to sell the Jeeps it builds in China to in China."

And you said "The Renegade has started production in China to avoid import duties. It will be shipped back here with NO import duties."

So which one it right? Your statement or YOUR link?
Both, I've already addressed this in my earlier posts.

Quote:
Yes, you can argue that Chrysler did send some of the Jeep Manufacturing from Italy or Brazil to China (Thanks to YOUR link). But why should we care?
It's been explained in this thread many times why we should care.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Both, I've already addressed this in my earlier posts.

It's been explained in this thread many times why we should care.
No, you didn't. The link you provided does NOT support your statements.

Here what you said,

"Why are they building them in China? To get around import duties. I do not have a major problem with that. If they want to build these in China for the Chinese market fine. What will happen though is they will be shipped back here with NO import duties."

Again, YOUR link says "FCA plans to sell the Jeeps it builds in China to in China." I can understand that if the Renegade was built in the US, they would have to pay heavy import duties to Chinese Government. So you want they build Renegade here and make Chinese Government rich? That explains why you care!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
No, you didn't. The link you provided does NOT support your statements.
My statements support my statements.

Quote:
Here what you said,

"Why are they building them in China? To get around import duties. I do not have a major problem with that. If they want to build these in China for the Chinese market fine. What will happen though is they will be shipped back here with NO import duties."

Again, YOUR link says "FCA plans to sell the Jeeps it builds in China to in China." I can understand that if the Renegade was built in the US, they would have to pay heavy import duties to Chinese Government. So you want they build Renegade here and make Chinese Government rich? That explains why you care!
You like the others fail to address what I note as the problem.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:42 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
Quote:
My statements support my statements.

You like the others fail to address what I note as the problem.
So we're obviously not getting it.

Please explain ( yes, once more, sorry for asking ) what is the problem?
Thanks

Old 06-16-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
So we're obviously not getting it.

Please explain ( yes, once more, sorry for asking ) what is the problem?
Thanks
They build a plant in China to get around import taxes.....all well and fine. Build it there to get around them. What will happen though is these Jeep's will be sent back here without any import duties.

We put ourselves in a big disadvantage by not treating trade in one direction as trade in the other direction. Germany has been able to keep a stronger economy by not doing this.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
They build a plant in China to get around import taxes.....all well and fine. Build it there to get around them. What will happen though is these Jeep's will be sent back here without any import duties.

We put ourselves in a big disadvantage by not treating trade in one direction as trade in the other direction. Germany has been able to keep a stronger economy by not doing this.
Sure, if they build Jeep in the US, they will pay import tax (I heard it could be $20,000 per car) to Chinese Government. But if they build Jeep in China, they do not pay any import duties. We know what you meant and who you really care.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:03 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
Quote:

But the Renaeade is already being built in Italy and Brazil and imported to the US

Are you saying the jeeps from China will not have any import duty on them if they are not really for China and are meant for the US? Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies