Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 10:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
The not so nice thing we did in WWII was the internment of the Japanize.

The good, the bad and the ugly....

But it worked, to keep mass killing of Japanese decedents from happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 10:20 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The good, the bad and the ugly....

But it worked, to keep mass killing of Japanese decedents from happening.
And it is nicer than the inquisition.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:45 AM

410 posts, read 398,395 times
Quote:
Personally I'd rather have another 9/11 than the patriot act. Understanding that 9/11 has put me out of work for 15 years.
Even if your son/daughter were to die as a result of it?
Your family, like my family, isn't immune to terrorist attacks and death doesn't always happens to other people.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:06 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not only should we ban any future muslim immigration, but we should also deport any current muslim non citizen as well as any h1b muslim overstayers.

For muslim citizens I support the full use of the Patriot Act and the Enemy Combatant section.

Found to be in support of Islamic terror, jihad, or any supicious activity, and an investigation finds you are in support of the mentioned activity or actively planning something.........you're done!!!!! Straight to Guantanamo for life or maybe even death depending how far you have gone.
How do you propose to know what American Citizen is a Muslim? Those with Arab sounding names? I worked for a woman from Pakistan with an Arab sounding name. She was a Catholic.

I worked with a Black man with a very American sounding name who was a Muslim convert. He never bothered to legally change his name from his Christian birth name.

Good luck with your profiling American Citizens based on Religion.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Your family, like my family, isn't immune to terrorist attacks and death doesn't always happens to other people.

The rich & powerful will not let the people do that.

We will give up all our freedom and liberties, for the welfare of the children, to be secured by government.

Summarized directly from Mein Kampf.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:20 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
How do you propose to know what American Citizen is a Muslim? Those with Arab sounding names? I worked for a woman from Pakistan with an Arab sounding name. She was a Catholic.

I worked with a Black man with a very American sounding name who was a Muslim convert. He never bothered to legally change his name from his Christian birth name.

Good luck with your profiling American Citizens based on Religion.
Yeah, likewise I have family and friends from Muslim countries or have parents from those countries who aren't the least bit religious--they're basically agnostics/atheists at this point, despite coming from families that were at one point religious.

Of course none of what the OP is proposing is really possible unless you basically burn the 1st Amendment.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 06-20-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-20-2016, 11:44 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not only should we ban any future muslim immigration, but we should also deport any current muslim non citizen as well as any h1b muslim overstayers.

For muslim citizens I support the full use of the Patriot Act and the Enemy Combatant section.

Found to be in support of Islamic terror, jihad, or any supicious activity, and an investigation finds you are in support of the mentioned activity or actively planning something.........you're done!!!!! Straight to Guantanamo for life or maybe even death depending how far you have gone.
Deport legal, non-citizen Muslims simply for being Muslim, and monitor and investigate all citizen Muslims?

Ok...Big Brother...

[]

Old 06-20-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Deport legal, non-citizen Muslims simply for being Muslim, and monitor and investigate all citizen Muslims?

Ok...Big Brother...

[]

Better solution is not to rely on government to come up with brilliant ideas to keep us safe.
The constitution outlines how an individual is to be able to protect themselves from all bullies. With government, the biggest bully who will surely try an convince us to disarm ourselves, has no say.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:42 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
OK I'm coming from the point of reference that it mint as well have killed me.

But understand this. It was highly preventable. All it would've taken is to talk to the 19 as their planes flew without them. Then you load them on 19 different flights and we don't have 9/11. You don't charge them, you don't arrest them. TPTB traded the people that died that day for the patriot act.

Last edited by ContrarianEcon; 06-20-2016 at 12:50 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
OK I'm coming from the point of reference that it mint as well have killed me.

But understand this. It was highly preventable. All it would've taken is to talk to the 19 as their planes flew without them. Then you load them on 19 different flights and we don't have 9/11. You don't charge them, you don't arrest them. TPTB traded the people that died that day for the patriot act.

Never let a crisis go to waste, to make an effort to take more liberties from the people, so we can control them easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies