Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:31 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,796,574 times

Advertisements

The news is full of stories about how the terrorist got the gun, how homophobia is to blame, new gun control measures etc. The left is going wild trying to use this horrific attack to further multiple darling causes of theirs. The presidential candidates on both sides offer nothing of use, and Obama seems inept and unable to respond to this. However this appears to be a clear cut case of ISIS directing or inspiring Muslim radicals to attack US citizens on US soil. A foreign enemy has attacked the United States and 50 of our citizens are dead in Florida. As an American I am very angry about this, Why are we not engaging the enemy with a major military campaign? We need a plan to destroy ISIS, even if it involves ground forces.

What could be done?? Why not build a coalition with the Europeans and Arab nations to rid Syria and Iraq of ISIS? Look at the damage they have done worldwide, the cruel evil carnage in Syria, the refugee crises in Europe, the terrorism in Europe and the United States. I believe if we committed to defeating ISIS at all costs then other like minded nations would throw in their lot with the cause. Jordan, Turkey and the Saudis all want them gone. Iraq desperately wants them gone. Iran wants them gone. No nation would oppose the effort, and most would be thankful to see it done.

That miserable terrorist succeeded in making us divide into two camps on this issue, one side seeing only homophobes and a need for gun control, the other wanting to ban all Muslims in the US. This is all foolishness, the enemy here is the ISIS scum who directed and inspired this man. Lets get together like Americans should and crush these evil tyrants. The best memorial we could have for the 50 dead Americans killed on US soil would be to put their names on the bombs that we rain down upon the ISIS leaders in Syria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 02:35 PM

21 posts, read 11,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The news is full of stories about how the terrorist got the gun, how homophobia is to blame, new gun control measures etc. The left is going wild trying to use this horrific attack to further multiple darling causes of theirs. The presidential candidates on both sides offer nothing of use, and Obama seems inept and unable to respond to this. However this appears to be a clear cut case of ISIS directing or inspiring Muslim radicals to attack US citizens on US soil. A foreign enemy has attacked the United States and 50 of our citizens are dead in Florida. As an American I am very angry about this, Why are we not engaging the enemy with a major military campaign? We need a plan to destroy ISIS, even if it involves ground forces.

What could be done?? Why not build a coalition with the Europeans and Arab nations to rid Syria and Iraq of ISIS? Look at the damage they have done worldwide, the cruel evil carnage in Syria, the refugee crises in Europe, the terrorism in Europe and the United States. I believe if we committed to defeating ISIS at all costs then other like minded nations would throw in their lot with the cause. Jordan, Turkey and the Saudis all want them gone. Iraq desperately wants them gone. Iran wants them gone. No nation would oppose the effort, and most would be thankful to see it done.

That miserable terrorist succeeded in making us divide into two camps on this issue, one side seeing only homophobes and a need for gun control, the other wanting to ban all Muslims in the US. This is all foolishness, the enemy here is the ISIS scum who directed and inspired this man
. Lets get together like Americans should and crush these evil tyrants. The best memorial we could have for the 50 dead Americans killed on US soil would be to put their names on the bombs that we rain down upon the ISIS leaders in Syria.
They read the book...Frankly we are doomed....
“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected .”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of Wa

Old 06-15-2016, 02:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
No it's not. More like time to stay away from ISIS.

Again, the United States can not defeat ISIS. Get that through your head.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:47 PM

21 posts, read 11,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No it's not. More like time to stay away from ISIS.

Again, the United States can not defeat ISIS. Get that through your head.
not the way we fight them now we can't.........

My Favorite Dem Pres new how to fight evil....

http://ww2today.com/wp-content/uploa...lin-bombed.jpg

Old 06-15-2016, 02:48 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,547 times
"Finaly"?

Whichever way one chooses to spell it, there are some people on here who appear spectacularly (perhaps willfully) ignorant as to what our military (and others) have been doing in the Middle East for quite a while now.

Special Report: Inherent Resolve

A simple Google search can often prevent needless posting.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:51 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
You want to bomb other countries because a self loathing gay from fla. shot people in a club?
The right is as screwy as the left lol

Old 06-15-2016, 02:52 PM

46,941 posts, read 25,969,275 times
"Finaly?" (sic) The USAF and allied air forces have carried out so many air strikes against ISIS, we're running low on ammo.

Air Force 'loans' bombs to coalition partners in war on ISIS

Do you guys read newspapers?

Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
"Finaly"?

Whichever way one chooses to spell it, there are some people on here who appear spectacularly (perhaps willfully) ignorant as to what our military has been doing in the Middle East for quite a while now.

Special Report: Inherent Resolve

A simple Google search can often prevent needless posting.

Ah the spelling police, I knew it would not take much time for one of y'all to catch that. Of course however I didn't bother to fix it so I guess that invalidates everything I had to say.

Todays ISIS strategy in Syria and Iraq is NOT a plan to deal with ISIS. It is a series of minor air strike that have little effectiveness, amounting to not much more than pin pricks. I am talking about a serious effort to dislodge them, the use of air and land power to totally defeat them. You know there is a big difference, I think I made it clear the kind of thing I am proposing.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You want to bomb other countries because a self loathing gay from fla. shot people in a club?
The right is as screwy as the left lol

He claimed to be an ISIS operative, and ISIS claimed him as "one of the soldiers of the Caliphate". Not just a "self loathing gay". Foreign attack on the US, case closed.

You may think the right is as screwy as the left but we are all screwy if we allow this to go unanswered. Weakness will NEVER bring peace.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:00 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Ah the spelling police, I knew it would not take much time for one of y'all to catch that. Of course however I didn't bother to fix it so I guess that invalidates everything I had to say.

Todays ISIS strategy in Syria and Iraq is NOT a plan to deal with ISIS. It is a series of minor air strike that have little effectiveness, amounting to not much more than pin pricks. I am talking about a serious effort to dislodge them, the use of air and land power to totally defeat them. You know there is a big difference, I think I made it clear the kind of thing I am proposing.
When you state things like "[w]hy not build a coalition with the Europeans and Arab nations to rid Syria and Iraq of ISIS?", you make it clear you haven't a clue what the U.S. and coalition forces are currently doing against ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies