Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:18 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,100,992 times

Advertisements

Stay away from people. Right, those that are carrying concealed weapons should tell me if they are so I can avoid them. Maybe wear a bright shirt or some patch or something. Its a concealed weapon. You don't know, hence the word concealed.

Yes I do know people that paranoid, afraid that everyone is out to get them and I think the last thing on earth anyone needs is for them to have a concealed weapon, I have told them that and I still get the same "I need to protect myself" paranoia.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
when the good guys have guns, it makes the job of the bad guys much much more difficult.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM

413 posts, read 909,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
when the good guys have guns, it makes the job of the bad guys much much more difficult.
And vice-versa...

Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
But that's so UNFAIR

Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You mean you wouldn't try to understand the roots of their anti-social behavior and get them to speak out, instead of acting out, why they wish to terrorize you?
I am not a therapist, thats not my job. I am an equal opportunity shooter, break in my house and you will get shot, I don't care what your background is. I will not allow my home, my daughter and myself to be threatened.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Wow. I don't think I want to go through life that paranoid.

Perhaps this is the wrong sort of thinking, but as a person of faith I think if its your time to go, its your time. If its not a gun, it will be a heart attack, car wreck, stroke whatever. Personally letting everyone arm up like Rambo so we can all be vigilantes is not a solution other than making everyone more afraid of everyone else.
Paranoid what about what the man said was not spot on?
Criminals are not nice people. They don't care who they hurt or how bad. They only care about themselves. I have no heart burn with anyone who would shoot a criminal in the act. By criminal I do mean violent criminals.
I know I have heard it before. They deserve a trial. I agree they do if they decide to yield when a gun is pointed at them. If they decide to attack they will be shot. My weapon pushes 230 grain bullets. Pretty sure 1 will do it.
I live in a low crime area. I honestly don't worry about intruders. I don't even lock my doors at night. However if one should try to make me a victim he will receive his just reward.
Its not about roaming the streets in search of bad guys. Its all about protecting my home. No I dont have a consealed weapons permit. I dont carry my weapon anywhere but to the shooting range.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:57 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Wow. I don't think I want to go through life that paranoid.

Perhaps this is the wrong sort of thinking, but as a person of faith I think if its your time to go, its your time. If its not a gun, it will be a heart attack, car wreck, stroke whatever. Personally letting everyone arm up like Rambo so we can all be vigilantes is not a solution other than making everyone more afraid of everyone else.

Welp, its early and I haven't yet taken my meds.
But first, let me find my trusty friend S&W and strap it to my belt as the thought of going into the yard to retrieve the paper is an act of sheer terror without my friend.

But back to my meds....................

Geezzz..............I haven't packed a gun in over ten years now....Wanna know why......Because I don't have to.
Again all I have read is a general Pollyanna dread of guns as the focus of all evil without meaningful observation of the extent of meanness of the criminal mind.
Now its back to my meds....just a moment of lucidness then locked back in the house.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I don't live alone. Even if I did, there's too much chance of being shot with my own gun.

Not living alone, there's always the possibility that one of us will get the gun and SHOOT the other one. I'd rather not have the temptation available.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I pick the folks I live with carefully enough that I can trust them to be armed.

Every adult, sane and non criminal person has a basic right to be armed where ever they choose to go. Being armed is a basic human right. Defending yourself against violent attack is manditory and should not be restricted by law. Shooting violent attackers should be encouraged. Just how many mass murders do you think would get beyond one or two people if as little as 20% of the crowd was carying and knew how to use a gun?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:27 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Do I need to type it enough times to fill up the whole thread? Hopefully not. Don't like it, leave America. The nation was built on the Constitution and the Bill or Rights. Your paranoia and fear of what people can do with their liberties should have no effect on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies