Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,030,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I did not shoot the gun out of his hands - I shot him in the head. He died.

I hope this clarifies the matter.
What about the time you shot the charging Cape Buffalo, saving the princess from certain death?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,115,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
What about the time you shot the charging Cape Buffalo, saving the princess from certain death?
Again - you refuse to accept the fact that people do have to protect themselves - that law enforcement cannot be everywhere at all times. That it is the citizens obligation to be primarily responsible for their own safety.

You are certainly welcome to jest about a situation that I would not wish on anyone - taking a life is not something to be made light of however IMO. I know that I certainly don't.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,105,460 times
Quote:
I have locks on my doors, a home security system, a competent police department and I pay attention to my surroundings. All I need to keep me safe.

As opposed to dead eye dick, who is shooting the guns out of bad guys hands.
Your competant police department seems to be doing a great job protecting all those who get murdered in your city every year.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Your competant police department seems to be doing a great job protecting all those who get murdered in your city every year.
Good enough for me. If we get into trouble, I'll call for dead-eye-dick and his wingnut militia.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Good enough for me. If we get into trouble, I'll call for dead-eye-dick and his wingnut militia.
I appears that you oppose individuals having firearms to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Why is that?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I appears that you oppose individuals having firearms to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Why is that?
It makes the loved ones less safe.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,882,843 times
Quote:
Leaving the area would be even smarter.
Our country isn't still here allowing you your freedoms because our ancesters run and hid every time there was danger near.

I think the one thing that your missing on this is an unarmed citizen is allowing the bad guy what he wants. This in turn, creates more bad guys because it's a lucrative business. This wave of crime needs to be stopped and driven back, not allowed to advance forward.

How far should we retreat? You see in the news every day where neighborhoods were taken over by drug dealers, hookers, and toughs to the point where the people were afraid for their lives. Finally they got pissed and took their blocks back.

Well, I'm pissed. I want my block back. I'm not going to run and hide.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
It makes the loved ones less safe.
I don't know why you believe that. There are many, many people who would disagree with you.

Are you opposed to concealed weapons / concealed weapons permits?

Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Our country isn't still here allowing you your freedoms because our ancesters run and hid every time there was danger near.

I think the one thing that your missing on this is an unarmed citizen is allowing the bad guy what he wants. This in turn, creates more bad guys because it's a lucrative business. This wave of crime needs to be stopped and driven back, not allowed to advance forward.

How far should we retreat? You see in the news every day where neighborhoods were taken over by drug dealers, hookers, and toughs to the point where the people were afraid for their lives. Finally they got pissed and took their blocks back.

Well, I'm pissed. I want my block back. I'm not going to run and hide.
My block's fine. We have a neighborhood watch, not Vigilante Central. Just last week the neighbors called the cops on some con guys hustling scam magazine subscriptions. For a few days those clouds of crime hung heavy over the neighborhood, but we didn't panic and buy AK-47s, we called the local police.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you believe that. There are many, many people who would disagree with you.

Are you opposed to concealed weapons / concealed weapons permits?
A gun in the home is 11 time more likely to be used in a suicide attempt than in defense of the home. Then there's the incompetent defense of the home problem, where you shoot at the bad guy and he kills you. Then there's the domestic dispute problem where one family member uses deadly force against another family member. And finally there's the accidental discharge problem where someone is playing with a firearm.

Many people believe a lot of damn fool things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.