Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM

290 posts, read 524,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
No your getting a skewed sample. If most Americans wanted automatic weapons to be generally available, our laws would provide for them. They don't.
Absolutely false.....they do.
Quote:
We are an incredibly violent society for an advanced civilization, much more so than Canadians or Europeans. Maybe it's the gene pool -- quite a few who settled in the colonies were transported British criminals.
This is one of the most racist statements I have read in a while. Jimmy the Greek got fired for a very similar statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday But is it so important that you should close your eyes for unwanted side affects?
At lease my eyes are not closed to the fact that millions of fine young Americans throughout history have died for exactly that....side effects and all.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
See Nevada statue NRS 202.355 for restrictions on sale of switchblades.
Wow - when did Nevada statutes start controlling all the states

Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Wow - when did Nevada statutes start controlling all the states
No I was just making it real for someone who claims his pawnshops don't have legal restrictions on selling switchblades.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
No I was just making it real for someone who claims his pawnshops don't have legal restrictions on selling switchblades.
"His" pawnshops?

I don't own any pawnshops....

Old 04-22-2008, 03:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Hankidan
Quote:
So whats different about guns?
Guns are tools designed to kill and not to defend yourself.

Aikido for example is a martial arts philosophy only intended to defend oneself.
Unlike the other martial arts forms you cannot attack with Aikido, simply because it is designed to use the opponent's force against him.
Initiating the physical attack defeats the whole purpose of Aikido.

When it comes to guns it all is about initiating the attack; if you react too late a gun will be completely useless.

Originally Posted by Bagsz
Quote:
At lease my eyes are not closed to the fact that millions of fine young Americans throughout history have died for exactly that....side effects and all.
Americans only die for American causes.
I doubt the American government would allow this to happen if it they did not believe that it was not in the best interest of the American people.
At least I hope this would be the case.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:

We are an incredibly violent society for an advanced civilization, much more so than Canadians or Europeans. Maybe it's the gene pool -- quite a few who settled in the colonies were transported British criminals.
Actually, the ONLY penal colony designed as such was the colony of Georgia. Most Americans were NOT criminals...but they did do things considered immoral by today's standards.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM

451 posts, read 310,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Actually, the ONLY penal colony designed as such was the colony of Georgia. Most Americans were NOT criminals...but they did do things considered immoral by today's standards.

Screw the second ammendment, illitirate bums, et al should not be allowed to have guns

Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by HankidanGuns are tools designed to kill and not to defend yourself.

Aikido for example is a martial arts philosophy only intended to defend oneself.
Unlike the other martial arts forms you cannot attack with Aikido, simply because it is designed to use the opponent's force against him.
Initiating the physical attack defeats the whole purpose of Aikido.

When it comes to guns it all is about initiating the attack; if you react too late a gun will be completely useless.

Originally Posted by BagszAmericans only die for American causes.
I doubt the American government would allow this to happen if it they did not believe that it was not in the best interest of the American people.
At least I hope this would be the case.
Tricky D you need to stop posting here untill you have sone kind of background on what you are saying. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to guns or America although you have admitted you have never been here, yet you try to sound like an expert.Guns cannot be used to defend yourself? This is such a ridiculous statement I don't know how to respond! Guns are all about initiating the attack? OMG! you really need to educate yourself because you sound more and more ridiculous with every post.

Yeah, Americans only die for American causes like our soldiers died to defent Europe? YOUR people? You really are angering me with that one!! I need to block you or I'll wind up saying what I really feel toward you and get myself banned from here. Get an education and a life!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
America's 2nd Amendment results in arming of Mexican drug cartels (ABC News).

You can purchase 200 AK-47s (qualifies as a "rifle") in Texas without declaring it as a multiple weapons purchase!

The drugs will keep flowing if the drug lords continue to be heavily armed.

ABC News: U.S. Guns Arming Mexican Drug Gangs; Second Amendment to Blame?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:50 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Screw the second ammendment, illitirate bums, et al should not be allowed to have guns
who is "illiterate"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies