Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:21 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times

Advertisements

LOL the country has been going down hill ever since John Wayne died....

Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL the country has been going down hill ever since John Wayne died....
and this post has to do with what?

back on topic please.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM

959 posts, read 2,361,017 times
I totally agree with you, rlchurch...my John Wayne collection is almost as extensive as my gun collection!

And if you can't see the relevance of JW in this conversation--well, that's just a sad state of affairs, pardner!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
I totally agree with you, rlchurch...my John Wayne collection is almost as extensive as my gun collection!

And if you can't see the relevance of JW in this conversation--well, that's just a sad state of affairs, pardner!
I can see where the relevance is, RLchurch is trying to evoke an emotional response, in which he does when he has nothing else to add, or any part of the topic in which he can debate. He has done this with disrespectfull posts about Charlton Heston as well.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Default Small-town Utah police chief accidentally shoots self during concealed weapons class!

This is a good one!

AP news story (Tues May 6, 2008)

//
RIVERDALE, Utah - The police chief who shot himself in the ankle was waving a loaded pistol and being careless, according to two students who were attending his class to qualify for a concealed-weapons permit. "We were told the gun is the chief's personal sidearm, but it looked to me like he didn't know anything about the gun," Lewis Walker said....
//

Students claim police chief who shot himself was careless - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 05-08-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
This is a good one!

AP news story (Tues May 6, 2008)

//
RIVERDALE, Utah - The police chief who shot himself in the ankle was waving a loaded pistol and being careless, according to two students who were attending his class to qualify for a concealed-weapons permit. "We were told the gun is the chief's personal sidearm, but it looked to me like he didn't know anything about the gun," Lewis Walker said....
//

Students claim police chief who shot himself was careless - Yahoo! News (broken link)
how does this show we should not have firearms per our constitutional right? one idiot out of millions does not show much of anything. He obviously was not following the rules that are taught with the CCW process in which I posted links to several pages back

Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
'zackly.

"One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl."

He's obviously a dope and probably, will ultimately eliminate himself from the gene pool, earning himself a Darwin award.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:03 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I can see where the relevance is, RLchurch is trying to evoke an emotional response, in which he does when he has nothing else to add, or any part of the topic in which he can debate. He has done this with disrespectfull posts about Charlton Heston as well.
OK... we're on the same page now I think.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
how does this show we should not have firearms per our constitutional right? one idiot out of millions does not show much of anything. He obviously was not following the rules that are taught with the CCW process in which I posted links to several pages back

1. This "idiot" happens to be a POLICE CHIEF.
2. If that gun issued to a POLICE CHIEF is of such a design that an attempt by a TRAINED PERSON (my assumption, of course) to disassemble it can cause it to fire unintentionally (for instance, why is it not clear to the handler that there is a round already in the gun?), that device has a severe DESIGN DEFECT and should not be used by the public police forces.
3. This accident is an example of the inherent danger of firearms as currently designed and distributed. IN MY OPINION, most HANDGUNS should be RECALLED by the manufacturers due to DEFICIENT DESIGN.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
1. This "idiot" happens to be a POLICE CHIEF.
2. If that gun issued to a POLICE CHIEF is of such a design that an attempt by a TRAINED PERSON (my assumption, of course) to disassemble it can cause it to fire unintentionally (for instance, why is it not clear to the handler that there is a round already in the gun?), that device has a severe DESIGN DEFECT and should not be used by the public police forces.
3. This accident is an example of the inherent danger of firearms as currently designed and distributed. IN MY OPINION, most HANDGUNS should be RECALLED by the manufacturers due to DEFICIENT DESIGN.
There is a procedure that should be followed before you hand, show a gun to anyone. You pull the clip, open and empty the slide and lock the slide back. double check by looking thought the slide into the gun chamber to make sure you do not have anything in there. Then make sure to show who you are handing the gun do the open slide that is locked back that there is no ammo in the chamber. You never point the gun at anything you do not intend to shoot. This police chief should be fired from his position for not following the rules that are taught for safe firearm handling. A gun cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled, so if this fired he was breaking another of the 4 rules. Which is to never have your finger on the trigger until you intend to pull it, you keep your finger off the trigger and along the body of the gun. A gun cannot fire itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies