Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 02:19 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

Under most circumstances I wouldn't shoot someone because they shot someone else. It's not about revenge. This isn't the movies.

I believe carrying a weapon is about self defense (or preferably preventing myself from being shot to begin with) not avenging someone else's victimization.

And I'm glad to know that if you know I carry (or might be carrying) a weapon, you'll behave yourself around me.

It's good that you finally see the logic behind arming law-abiding citizens.

Congrats!
\

No...if I KNOW you to have a weapon, I'll TAKE it from you, so that you can't have it. It's in my own best interest for other people to NOT be armed. If you don't have it, you can't shoot me. Thank you.

PEOPLE, in general, cannot be trusted.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,869 times
I am a law abiding woman with a concealed carry permit. No one is going to take my guns away from me period. People with concealed carry permits are held to a higher standard folks. We will not use our firearms unless absolutely necessary to protect our lives and the lives of others. You 'll be glad there's a responsible person with a firearm around should you ever find yourself in a situation where you need them.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:40 PM

which is...never?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
which is...never?

Never say "NEVER" -

Old 05-21-2008, 02:57 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I am a law abiding woman with a concealed carry permit. No one is going to take my guns away from me period. People with concealed carry permits are held to a higher standard folks. We will not use our firearms unless absolutely necessary to protect our lives and the lives of others. You 'll be glad there's a responsible person with a firearm around should you ever find yourself in a situation where you need them.
Oh please. This is why we've passed strict gun control legislation in the district. A bunch of Rambo wannabees wandering around with a loaded gun thinking that someone wants them to save the world. Higher standard? Right. Able to fill out a government document, with help from the counter staff.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Thank you for your fine, and true, comments. The anti gun crowd has attempted, in vain IMO, to paint those of us who own firearms, and especially those of us with CCW permits, as "nuts" or "Rambo's" - which is CLEARLY not the case.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:19 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,410,557 times
Quote:
\

No...if I KNOW you to have a weapon, I'll TAKE it from you, so that you can't have it. It's in my own best interest for other people to NOT be armed. If you don't have it, you can't shoot me. Thank you.

PEOPLE, in general, cannot be trusted.
& you'll go to prison. Glad your criminal nature is finally clear.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
& you'll go to prison. Glad your criminal nature is finally clear.
Self defense is NOT a crime.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:08 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,212 times
Stealing is.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Self defense is NOT a crime.
Taking a gun from someone who is legally carrying it, even concealed, is a criminal act.

With the cost of some of these firearms, the charges may include (depending upon the jurisdiction) a) Grand Theft B) Assault C) Battery. If your actions included a verbal altercation as well, that might be an aggravating factor -

Depending again upon the jurisdiction and previous record, you may be sentenced to jail or prison - there may be multiple sentences. And those sentences may run consecutively - not concurrently.

IMLO, I would suggest you refrain from any attempt to remove a firearm from a person when that firearm is not used in a threatening manner towards you or another person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.