Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 06:20 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times

Advertisements

This part pissed me off majority of the men there were LGBT Latinos. I can't believe the GOP

House GOP leaders block LGBT vote after Orlando shooting | TheHill

Meanwhile, Committee chairman Pete Sessions offered his "thoughts and prayers" in the wake of Orlando, only to mistakenly claim Tuesday that Pulse was not an LGBT space.

"It was a young person's nightclub," he reportedly said, "And there were some [LGBT people] there, but it was mostly Latinos." Sessions's office later clarified his comments, but the only thing really clear here is the GOP's obstinacy in protecting the LGBT community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 06:27 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
This part pissed me off majority of the men there were LGBT Latinos. I can't believe the GOP

Meanwhile, Committee chairman Pete Sessions offered his "thoughts and prayers" in the wake of Orlando, only to mistakenly claim Tuesday that Pulse was not an LGBT space.

"It was a young person's nightclub," he reportedly said, "And there were some [LGBT people] there, but it was mostly Latinos." Sessions's office later clarified his comments, but the only thing really clear here is the GOP's obstinacy in protecting the LGBT community
To be fair (which Mr. Sessions is usually not, I admit), but I keep reading that while Pulse was a 'gay nightclub', the night of the murders it was hosting a "Latino music' night, and thus a lot of Latinos, both straight and gay, were present.

But isn't it awful that some will 'label' people like that? I care not what their sexual orientation or gender identify was: they were innocent people out to have a good time. It does not make any difference to me, or make the mass murder any more or less horrible, if everyone was gay, straight, or a mixture. They were people.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:33 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
What's one got to do with the other?

Old 06-16-2016, 06:38 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post

Really morons?! REALLY??

I have no words for these SOB's!!

Old 06-16-2016, 06:41 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
To be fair (which Mr. Sessions is usually not, I admit), but I keep reading that while Pulse was a 'gay nightclub', the night of the murders it was hosting a "Latino music' night, and thus a lot of Latinos, both straight and gay, were present.

But isn't it awful that some will 'label' people like that? I care not what their sexual orientation or gender identify was: they were innocent people out to have a good time. It does not make any difference to me, or make the mass murder any more or less horrible, if everyone was gay, straight, or a mixture. They were people.
Majority of those latin men were Gay. It was latin gay night. They have the same thing at the Parliament House which is another gay club. Just like they have urban night for the black crowd. In every gay club you will find some straight people there. The club was targeted because it was a gay night club.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:51 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,014 times
Keep in mind that amendments are attached to other bills, so it's often not one specific amendment itself, but other crap that's in a bill that causes it to be voted down. Happens all the time.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:52 PM

991 posts, read 629,093 times
Gays have the same protection as any other group already.
These special protected groups are getting ridiculous.

How about an overwhelming vote in favor of religious freedom, giving people whose religion does not approve of homosexuality the green light not to have to participate in what others freely choose?

Equality means I have to have alternative lifestyles literally shoved in my face, whether I want it or not.
That’s why they’re complaining that being left alone isn’t good enough for normal Americans.

I don’t care what people do on their own time behind their own closed doors but ... it wasn’t that long ago they were demanding we stay out of their bedrooms.

Now they’re demanding we come in.

Liberty means we agree to mind our own business, but it also means you don’t make your personal foibles my business.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What's one got to do with the other?
Also
Quote:
Most Democrats also opposed the bill’s spending levels and other GOP amendments to counter Maloney’s proposal.
What a load of a title..

Old 06-16-2016, 07:03 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Gays have the same protection as any other group already.
These special protected groups are getting ridiculous.

How about an overwhelming vote in favor of religious freedom, giving people whose religion does not approve of homosexuality the green light not to have to participate in what others freely choose?

Equality means I have to have alternative lifestyles literally shoved in my face, whether I want it or not.
That’s why they’re complaining that being left alone isn’t good enough for normal Americans.

I don’t care what people do on their own time behind their own closed doors but ... it wasn’t that long ago they were demanding we stay out of their bedrooms.

Now they’re demanding we come in.

Liberty means we agree to mind our own business, but it also means you don’t make your personal foibles my business.
They're like children and animals... always pushing boundaries... you give them what they want and they ask for more. Legalize gay marriage? Fine... but now they're asking for men to share the bathroom with little girls and they're asking for bestiality (in Canada - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca...dUSKCN0YV1QX)? What more do they want?

Also, apparently showing pictures on social media or at work of you and your heterosexual spouse is now flaunting heterosexual privileges. No talking about dates, what you did this weekend, where you went on vacation, no pictures, no nothing! Talking about this is homophobic and flaunts heterosexuality... or a new term: "heterosexual privilege"!

Where does it end? You give them a hand and they yank your arm off. Always pushing boundaries... When will it stop?

Old 06-16-2016, 07:17 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Overkill since there is already an XO prohibiting discrimination and very bad timing to bring this up to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies