Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:50 PM

341 posts, read 264,686 times

Advertisements

They are over crowded,unsafe,barbic,dirty and we have the most prisoners in the world.And prisons have a history of making offenders come worse then they were,so cleary it was never ment for rehabiliation.I recently visited my grandmother in a rural area and found out their building a prison in her quiet little town.Their soo many prisons why waste our hard earned tax money on prisons and not schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 09:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Because "privatized" prisons make money for political cronies and insiders, that's why.

It's not about what's good for America, it's all about what's good for corporate bottom lines.

All at taxpayer expense, of course.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:53 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
I wish they'd just build a bunch of halfway houses in your grandmothers town and put them there.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I wish they'd just build a bunch of halfway houses in your grandmothers town and put them there.
Why not schools,why prisons?Have we went from funding schools to funding prisons?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:29 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
Why not schools,why prisons?Have we went from funding schools to funding prisons?
Is your plan to stop putting people in prisons or to stop prosecuting them altogether?

If your plan is just less prison sentences and going with an alternative like halfway house, I'm fine with that as long as they put most violent offenders in your grandmothers town (assuming she doesn't live near me).

What was your plan?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
Is your plan to stop putting people in prisons or to stop prosecuting them altogether?

If your plan is just less prison sentences and going with an alternative like halfway house, I'm fine with that as long as they put most violent offenders in your grandmothers town (assuming she doesn't live near me).

What was your plan?
His plan was nonsensical talking points.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:47 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
Many of those people have known violence their entire lives, that's all they will ever know.

That said I'm all for legalizing drugs, clearly the "war on drugs" is lost cause. Remove the non violent offenders and It will free up space for longer sentences for the violent prisoners.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:

What was your plan?
No my plan is close some prisons down and instead focus on housing violent offenders or those convincted of violent crimes.And I believe a better alternative can be non violent offenders and those who violate parole/probation can instead be paying a certain required fees(this would cover court costs)and rather then housing them in a half way house we can have them be on house arrest this way they can be with their family memebers.For those who are homeless then a halfway house can be an alternative.But I can agree on less prison sentences and using a halfway house as alternative.Just like I believe those who violate probation or parole shouldnt be going to prison espically if they didnt catch a charge.They can instead be required to perform community services like each week speak to trouble youth in the juvenile system this can deter crime and clean neighborhoods.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Many of those people have known violence their entire lives, that's all they will ever know.

That said I'm all for legalizing drugs, clearly the "war on drugs" is lost cause. Remove the non violent offenders and It will free up space for longer sentences for the violent prisoners.
AGREE!!!

Old 06-17-2016, 12:02 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,103,716 times
Quote:
They are over crowded,unsafe,barbic,dirty and we have the most prisoners in the world.And prisons have a history of making offenders come worse then they were,so cleary it was never ment for rehabiliation.I recently visited my grandmother in a rural area and found out their building a prison in her quiet little town.Their soo many prisons why waste our hard earned tax money on prisons and not schools?
There's 380,000 illegals in jails and prisons. Deport or execute these fools so we can stop paying for their 3 meals and cable tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies