Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 12:23 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times

Advertisements

If the watch list is run like the "no fly" list, it won't be accurate. There is always someone, sometimes even a child on that list that doesn't belong. The late Senator Ted Kennedy was on the "no fly" list for years and had no idea why. So someone loses their rights because a clerk somewhere made a mistake,
Those same clerks are always putting live people on the deceased soc. sec. list and it can take months for them to get their income back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 12:26 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
Default Are you all into weightlifting too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
According to some I'm considered a gun nut. I won't pretend to speak for all, but please feel free to send me a question that you would ask to a so-called gun nut. I have little doubt this thread will last, but I'll be more than happy to answer with a reasonable response and I'll answer according to the tone of any question.

Let's put aside the partisan BS, or let's learn from it.

Ask me a question about guns. If I don't have an annswer, I'll tell you. Crazy, right?
Hi Spanky! I have an odd question, but one that I am curious of regardless. I don't know any gun enthusiasts in my everyday life, at least nobody that I know of. This forum is about as close of contact as I come with them. My question is, are big time gun fanatics also into weightlifting? I would think the two would go hand in hand. Heck many refer to their arms as guns. A man that can handle a high caliber gun with accuracy is a very masculine trait in my opinion. Likewise so is weightlifting and building muscle mass, which is my "thing". To look at yourself in the mirror, seeing yourself get bigger, getting stronger, the scale weight creeping up...for me, that's when I'm feeling alive and powerful (I've been natural so far, but believe me I'm tempted to go the pharmaceutical route). Probably shooting guns produces a similar effect, no?

I'm trying to find what I have in common with others in general, as opposed to fighting over my differences.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:29 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Common sense is amassing an arsenal to protect yourself based on an irrational fear of a government that most likely doesn't even know or care that you exist..I guess.
Common sense is that you aren't going to change the 2A with your screeching and hand wringing. Banning a weapon because it "looks" "evil" accomplishes nothing. Let history be your guide.

But in the meantime, I have several full auto weapons for sale. Interested?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:31 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
It's been hard for me to call these rifles "guns". In the Army, that will get you 50 pushups.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:32 PM

50,283 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Hi Spanky! I have an odd question, but one that I am curious of regardless. I don't know any gun enthusiasts in my everyday life, at least nobody that I know of. This forum is about as close of contact as I come with them. My question is, are big time gun fanatics also into weightlifting? I would think the two would go hand in hand. Heck many refer to their arms as guns. A man that can handle a high caliber gun with accuracy is a very masculine trait in my opinion. Likewise so is weightlifting and building muscle mass, which is my "thing". To look at yourself in the mirror, seeing yourself get bigger, getting stronger, the scale weight creeping up...for me, that's when I'm feeling alive and powerful (I've been natural so far, but believe me I'm tempted to go the pharmaceutical route). Probably shooting guns produces a similar effect, no?

I'm trying to find what I have in common with others in general, as opposed to fighting over my differences.
LOL not even close. I don't think most shooters lift any weights unless 12 oz curls count.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:32 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Common sense is that you aren't going to change the 2A with your screeching and hand wringing. Banning a weapon because it "looks" "evil" accomplishes nothing. Let history be your guide.

I've said nothing about looks but the capabilities of the weapon, but just keep hitting the button and repeating gun nut/nra memes.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:33 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, then why are we arguing?

sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing To me, that is some common sense gun law right there. Nobody is saying once you are on watch list, you should LOSE your right forever.
Again, I theoretically agree....

But historically, when someone looses their rights, it's never a simple or easy matter to get them restored.

Suspending someone's rights without due process is a scary thing for any American who belives in the Constitution and our judicial system.

I'd be more concerned about exactly how many people are on the watch list, why they are on it and if they're not American citizens....why they are allowed to stay in the country.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:34 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Again, I theoretically agree....

But historically, when someone looses their rights, it's never a simple or easy matter to get them restored.

Suspending someone's rights without due process is a scary thing for any American who belives in the Constitution and our judicial system.

I'd be more concerned about exactly how many people are on the watch list, why they are on it and if they're not American citizens....why they are allowed to stay in the country.
yeah. agreed.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:36 PM

50,283 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

We can't have those scary guns in CA

Too many bed wetters ruined it for us.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I've said nothing about looks but the capabilities of the weapon, but just keep hitting the button and repeating gun nut/nra memes.
My Browning Model 71 lever action rifle fires a .348 Winchester round. Much more devastating than an AR .223 round. I can lever out 6 rounds in 5 seconds, punch through body armor and take out many people if they are standing behind each other. A .223 can't do that.

Any high caliber hunting round will blast a human body to bits. One round from my Freedom Arms Premier grade pistol with a 4 and 3/4" inch barrel chambered in .475 Linebaugh will drop a grizzly bear in his tracks. I know this for a fact because I have done it.

So, where does your banning begin and end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies