Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 03:09 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,202,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Being that you are on this forum, you are also likely to be older.

This is mainly newer propaganda in the public schools, especially the universities. But has permeated into popular culture.

It is generally more-broadly defined as "white privilege", and people are constantly told to "check their privilege". So-much-so that it has largely become a liability to be white, at least in certain social-circles, in certain age-groups, and in certain places(such as a university).

That isn't to say it is disadvantageous to be white, but you are supposed to feel guilty about it, and thus prove how not-racist you are by supporting open-borders, and wanting more diversity, to prove publicly how progressive you are.
Quote:
That isn't to say it is disadvantageous to be white, but you are supposed to feel guilty about it, and thus prove how not-racist you are by supporting open-borders, and wanting more diversity, to prove publicly how progressive you are.
A good this is to "Stop" trying to drum up animosities where they do not exist and then trying to add in your twisted logic. White people nor black people need not go on some "mission" trying to prove they are not racist, all they need to do is simply be themselves and appreciate and respect people, enjoy the diversity and live within the interactivity of the world of people.

If you expect to incite white people to be anti-social and contemptuous, Maybe you should get from behind your computer and go out and figure out the world has change from your mentality and its hey day. Maybe you need to get with the 21st century, because many people today (white, black and other) do not aspire to the Post WWII segregationist and Jim Crow madness. They are simply trying to live their lives and enjoy the world of people and the diversity that make American the great nation that it is... and here you are seemingly trying to induct or convert people to join some faction of kkk mentality or something.

You sound like you'd likely be one of the types who would have attacked other white people for associating with black people during the early 1960's, maybe even so today, I don't know, but the effort to promote a divide mentality is not a good thing.

Many young people today, they don't have time for that kind of segregationist stuff, they are trying to navigate their lives and learn, work and live together to find and make a better world for mankind.
It's partly why many young people today, reject people from the previous generations, because they don't want any part in the segregationist training (some) of the baby boomers and such try to promote.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 03:15 PM

6,212 posts, read 3,572,380 times
Macy's may be a national chain, but I doubt all their commercials run in all markets. They probably have different commercials running in California than they do in Vermont. There are many department store ads on YouTube that I've never seen on TV.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM

991 posts, read 626,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Older people already have everything they need; in fact, much too much! We can all stand to pare down.
And, in your mind, How Much Is Too Much?

Do I detect some envy here?

Instead of envying those richer than themselves, people would be better advised to try to copy them.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,496,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
That's the volvo commerical with the guy in the back seat and the blonde woman driving.

haven't you seen that? with some stupid sounding music soundtrack.
How is that even a Muslim propaganda commercial in your mind?

Old 06-17-2016, 07:33 PM

991 posts, read 626,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Many young people today, they don't have time for that kind of segregationist stuff, they are trying to navigate their lives and learn, work and live together to find and make a better world for mankind.
It's partly why many young people today, reject people from the previous generations, because they don't want any part in the segregationist training (some) of the baby boomers and such try to promote.
All I hear from "many young people today" are platitudes.
Most especially I hear it from Caucasians.

They are so special.
They are so enlightened.
Everyone is equal in their world.
None of them have a racist bone in their body.

blah, blah, blah.

These special, enlightened, non racist flower children of today talk a good (If not transparent) game but I've yet to see any of them walk down a street, anywhere in America named Martin Luther King Blvd after dark.

They have their prejudices alright, it's just that they are too busy pointing out how everyone but them are the mean and nasty racists.

They'll stand shoulder to shoulder with African Americans as long as everyone can see and hear them but God Forbid they get caught after dark, by themselves in a black neighborhood.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,463,110 times
I guess I don't watch commercials that closely because I usually see people.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:03 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,561,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
So I'm watching tv and a Macy's commercial comes on and I notice there are two females and a guy dancing or walking around in different clothes, swimsuits, or underwear.

And then I notice that the guy is asian, one of the girls is black, And the other one looks Hispanic? What's the deal?

Do these idiots know that America is still 65 or 70% white?
Relax, white folks are still in charge. Geeze...1 commercial with just no whites and you get all hysterical.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,714,518 times
Macy's is low end now. They have been doing poorly and decided they couldn't do high end anymore, so they decided to sell cheap stuff. That's why they market to minorities.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:42 PM

14,859 posts, read 8,154,552 times
Quote:
White people nor black people need not go on some "mission" trying to prove they are not racist.
I never said that they should, I merely said that they do. And why do they? Because that is what they are told to do, by the media, and in the schools. Any program targeted at millennials, rants incessantly about racism, slavery, misogyny, micro-aggressions, colonialism, etc.

How you personally feel has no bearing on what is going on throughout the rest of society. Your anecdote is not reality.

Quote:
Maybe you need to get with the 21st century, because many people today (white, black and other)do not aspire to the Post WWII segregationist and Jim Crow madness. They are simply trying to live their lives and enjoy the world of people and the diversity that make American the great nation that it is... and here you are seemingly trying to induct or convert people to join some faction of kkk mentality or something.
You seem to have little understanding of how the world actually works. Do you have any actual idea why segregation even ended? Before you go on some silly rant, saying that "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Understand this, MLK didn't know what he was talking about. Why would it bend towards justice? Says who? In my view, if anything, it bends away from justice.

The actual truth of why segregation ended, is because it was a burden on the economy. Which is why the Civil Rights Act was literally determined to be constitutional, based on the "Interstate Commerce Clause".

Basically, money needed to flow freely, wherever it wanted to go. Segregation would have greatly encumbered international trade, international travel, international tourism, international investment, etc. Thus, it had to end. A Nigerian who wanted to spend his money in America, needed to be free to spend his money everywhere, and anywhere. And feel welcomed and wanted in the process.

This same principle, is why we have had a near open-border for decades. And it is why even the Republicans are so terrified of Donald Trump's "Muslim ban". And it is also why it will never happen.

Many real-estate markets all over this country, are fueled almost-entirely by foreign money. I went to the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago, and it was about 75% foreigners(mostly Asians).

Money rules this country, just as it rules all countries. Don't believe for a minute that the push for inclusiveness or diversity is some form of enlightened benevolence.

Quote:
You sound like you'd likely be one of the types who would have attacked other white people for associating with black people during the early 1960's, maybe even so today, I don't know, but the effort to promote a divide mentality is not a good thing.
There are nearly 200 nations in the world today. How many should there be?

What is a nation anyway? Why do they even exist? Should they exist? Isn't a nation merely a form of segregation?

The truth is, people have always divided themselves, primarily on the basis that, they simply don't agree with each other. Because if everyone agreed with each other, we could have a one-world government, and we could all sing Kumbaya, until the end of time.

The truth is, I dislike strongly most Americans, regardless of skin color. I treat all people with respect, but I have no interest in living in the same home as someone like yourself(and most Americans), and by-extension, I have no interest in sharing a country with you either.

The only reason we are in the same country, is because we have no other choice(or at least, no realistic alternative). This country is a fake country, it was the byproduct of conquest, theft, and murder. You have no more right to it than I do. And since it is unlikely that we could come to an amicable split, and nor would that be in the interests of our rulers, then we are both being forced to live in this very unhappy marriage, until we die.

I mean, why would I possibly want to live in a country with you? And for that matter, why would you possibly want to live in a country with me? Would you not be happier if I were somewhere else?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,936,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
How is that Muslim propaganda? The guy in the backseat isn't even Muslim.

https://www.instagram.com/to_ron_to/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies