Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
If we're just going to toss feel good meaningless platitudes around I'd like to submit "good fences make good neighbors" for the board's approval.
My Grandfather used to say that all the time and I believe he was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:35 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,152 times
I have thought the same thing, but also understand 'dog whistle', or code for ________, political speech. While having the same original thought as you, I have now come to think, this change business was all about code for 'take' from the current power structure of this country. People are greedy first. The founder's understood this well in crafting our republic. Their mistake was they counted on an educated electorate maintaining what they designed, thus safeguarding the republican form of government.

We are more and more democratic in our approach. Not good, nor sustainable. Momentum will propel us forward for a few decades, but not beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
His campaign slogan was "Change". He did not divulge everything that would change... he did not say it would be a change for the better... he just said "change".

Old 06-17-2016, 10:40 AM

We have enough eyes on the problem. The problem is they are being impeded. When not impeded, ignored. You response is a disproven political response.

Edit: Adding an interesting article for support to my assertion that your talking point is baseless. Pay close attention to the quote portion in blue. How do your square that with your assertion? When has Mr Obama ever not used his bully pulpit, when he did not get what he wanted? When?

Quote:
Resisting a campaign for greater transparency, the White House has decided to keep American taxpayers in the dark about how much they’re likely to spend on government spy agencies.

President Barack Obama unveiled his fiscal 2016 budget requests Monday with the continued omission of proposed spending levels for specific intelligence agencies, which are funded with a so-called “black budget” supplement debated and voted upon behind closed doors by congressional appropriators.

Last year, dozens of members of Congress asked Obama to voluntarily disclose the dollar amount requested for individual spy agencies, pressing for more democratic decision-making as a check against potential waste and arguing limited transparency would not harm national security. Sixty-two members signed onto legislation that would have forced the disclosure.

Rep. Peter Welch, D-Vt., one of the effort’s leaders, calls the non-disclosure "a missed opportunity for transparency and rebuilding public confidence in the intelligence community."
Decrease?
Quote:
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence disclosed Monday the administration's aggregate non-military intelligence spending request is $53.9 billion, up from $50.4 billion for fiscal year 2015.
Obama Won't Disclose Spy Agency Budgets | US News

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have an answer for you-- its called money-- they cut the budget- cut man power- cut Intel-- if we do not have enough eyes on stuff-- go back to the REPS- specially CRUZ who wants to cut 15 % of Feds to include law enforcement.
I am sick of the complaining when the root is the very people who stop the show by NOT paying for it !

Last edited by earthlyfather; 06-17-2016 at 11:25 AM..

Old 06-17-2016, 11:09 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Am I the only one with vivid, fresh memories of people wearing orange jump suites being filmed while getting beheaded for no other reason than not being one of them? Ya, let's just remove firearms so these chaps can sharpen their knives. While we are at it let's call them refugees and import as many as possible.

What could go wrong?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:18 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That was to be expected. He couldn't put the blame where it was due per his conscience.
No, he couldn't put the blame where it's due per his own agencies' incompetence, which really goes to him because his adminstration scrubbed all the files being kept on Muslims. I saw Philip Haney, who was an employee of DHS, telling us that in 2009, all his files in terrorist elements were deleted without his knowledge. Not told to stop investigating, just deleted completely. Imagine how many people were in those files that could be like Omar Mateen or the guy from San Bernadino?

Obama can point fingers at the NRA for not wanting people on a watch list unable to get guns, but he's not even investigating people to put them on watch lists.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have an answer for you-- its called money-- they cut the budget- cut man power- cut Intel-- if we do not have enough eyes on stuff-- go back to the REPS- specially CRUZ who wants to cut 15 % of Feds to include law enforcement.
I am sick of the complaining when the root is the very people who stop the show by NOT paying for it !
It always goes to government funding with you guys. There is plenty of money in the budget for investigations, and if there isn't, take it out of the waste and fraud built in instead. I'm sick of this argument!

Old 06-17-2016, 11:26 AM

And, here I have been trying to tone down my rhetoric, to a kinder, gentler; but still in your face, rhetoric. Idiots gonna be idiots. You go girl, err katygirl68. Quick Rep coming up. EF
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It always goes to government funding with you guys. There is plenty of money in the budget for investigations, and it there isn't, take it out of the waste and fraud built in instead. I'm sick of this argument!

Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
And, here I have been trying to tone down my rhetoric, to a kinder, gentler; but still in your face, rhetoric. Idiots gonna be idiots. You go girl, err katygirl68. Quick Rep coming up. EF
I've decided I'm done trying to make nice. It's the same tired arguments all the time that don't make any sense. It really pissed me off in the Benghazi matter when they complained about taking away funding while at the same time, embassies in nicer parts of the world were getting whole fleets of electric cars. Meanwhile, Amb. Stephens had his security detail reduced and the plane taken away. We had a war of choice there were we took out their government, and couldn't be bothered to provide adequate security to the diplomats? And then turn it around and blame Republicans in congress? Screw that argument!

Old 06-17-2016, 01:20 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,853 times
The president said the “notion” that if club-goers were armed to defend themselves from Omar Mateen “defies common sense.”

Laughable.

Who finally stopped Mateen? People with firearms.

He was shooting fish in a barrel for 3 hours.

If one person had a CCW permit and was carrying, NO WAY over 100 people are injured.

Obama himself defies common sense.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
The terrorists in France killed over 130 people and 89 at the theater because they are a tight gun control society. They have had strict gun controls for decades.

Did gun law stopped terror there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies