Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:39 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times

Advertisements

Hey.. I've got news for men out there..it's not easy being a MARRIED woman and mother these days.. cause in alot of households the woman have to WORK TOO as Cost of Living is so high these days it takes 2 incomes to make it in the "middle class" class. AND us woman are expected to balance both work, taking care of the kids AND the husband!!

I couldn't imagine doing it all alone.. God bless those single moms out there and I hope I never have to be one.. (single that is.. I lvoe the mom part)

Old 02-16-2008, 03:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And isn't it just so easy and doesn't it just make you feel so much better about yourself to rag on these people....too scared to criticize those rich leeches who are a bigger drain.
What do the rich have to do with the single mothers? Unless they are the other have of the twosome.
I agree tho its easy to bash on the those who are in no postion to defend themselves.
My measure is to look at the love in the childs eyes for the mom who gives so much. The easy road would be to dump them at the hospital or put them into foster care. But these moms decided to be a parent. I give them a lot of credit for that.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Well, I'm forced to say that IN THEORY (if all was 'as it should be') I think it's important for a child to be raised by a mother and a father--who love and respect each other, and the child. Obviously, this often doesn't happen, and it represents a moral failure. (So do a lot of OTHER things in life, as well). While it's tempting to blame "single Moms" for the problems they have, for every single Mom, there's an absent "dad", equally responsible. And it's a sad statement, but true, that often the "men" in these women's lives are bad enough that she's better off WITHOUT the 'dad' present.

Without holding myslf up as any moral authority, I can say this... people shouldn't have children unless they can assure the child of a secure future. NORMALLY this means two parents who have a REASONABLE expectation of 'sticking around'. If you can't be sure of THAT, then don't "get" pregnant.....because if you think it's not YOUR 'fault', I don't know who ELSE'S fault it is---and I DO know it's not the child's fault---yet the child is who suffers from Mom and Dad's foolish mistakes...
(And if it isn't a MISTAKE, then, no, Ido NOT believe it's ethical or moral for a single woman to bring a child into the world.....Having said THAT, I realize that a lot of OTHER things aren't moral, either)...

Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
... people shouldn't have children unless they can assure the child of a secure future. NORMALLY this means two parents who have a REASONABLE expectation of 'sticking around'. If you can't be sure of THAT, then don't "get" pregnant...

Things, circumstances, and people change.
I'm sure we all think there will be a secure future when we're in the process if getting married or in a commited relationship....in my case, alcohol got in the way, and I had to end it after 15 years.
It wasn't my actions that was the deal breaker, and my kids are happier now than they've ever been. Sometimes a 2 parent relationship is toxic.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
Oh, typical. You people are the same ones who hate those of us who refuse to marry and have kids. I get so freaking tired of the judgemental attitudes.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Things, circumstances, and people change.
I'm sure we all think there will be a secure future when we're in the process if getting married or in a commited relationship....in my case, alcohol got in the way, and I had to end it after 15 years.
It wasn't my actions that was the deal breaker, and my kids are happier now than they've ever been. Sometimes a 2 parent relationship is toxic.
No judgement intended, believe me..it's happened to 'the best of us'. You're not alone in your responsibility, and all you can do is your 'best'. It takes two, as they say....

Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,900,886 times
Quote:
Earns around $12/hr working full time
Quote:
upcoming tax refund of $3500 per child (coming from a system that she contributed absolutely nothing to)
You have just stated above that she works a full time job. So I guess she IS contributing about as much as any other full time worker in that income bracket with 2 dependants.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:45 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Just a little aside.. SUV's are like the new minivans really.. Okay..mine doesn't have "towing capacity" or maybe it does.. I don't knw.. LOL... BUT .. it does have 4 wheel drive for bad weather.. and.. it's great for loading groceries, strollers and yes.. kids into..since she's got a few.. that could be why she is driving an SUV.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:48 PM

775 posts, read 578,894 times
It also could have a lot of mileage. You never know. A family member may have given it to her as did the father of a single mother I know.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:53 PM

16 posts, read 35,263 times
Not to mention Section 8, WIC, and free babysitting programs and free schooling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies