Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:06 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

Sounds like my niece. Had all of the opportunities that the American middle class life has to offer (loving parents, good public school system, attended a good college) but instead chose to party, quit school, have 3 kids from 2 different low life, won't-go-to-work fathers and yet she considers herself a victim.

Has no qualms whatsoever about nursing on the taxpayer's teats in any way, shape or form.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I certainly don't want to speak for anyone else but I didn't make a baby all by myself nor did I choose to be a single Mother. That choice was made for me by my daughters self absorbed Father. At risk of getting in trouble for personal attacks, I shall stop there with my post.
No attacks from me....ignore the bullies with their perfect noses in the air, they're only trying to elevate themselves by knocking others....it doesn't work

Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No attacks from me....ignore the bullies with their perfect noses in the air, they're only trying to elevate themselves by knocking others....it doesn't work
I know the reality that their words are a way to deflect the REAL responsibility from the men who walked away. Women don't get themselves pregnant. Yet there is a sanctimonious, callous part of society who would villefy people who are working as hard as they can to make up for the people who skip out on their responsibility AND no one points the finger at them, they just skate.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
"Living well is the best revenge" George Herbert

Old 02-16-2008, 09:29 PM

269 posts, read 542,404 times
I've met a few of these babes. Mostly, they are a symptom of mass cultural decay. They tend not to be very bright, and often they cannot seem to accurately predict the likely outcomes of their current actions. This is how they got to be single moms in the first place.

But-- and this is a big "but"-- you can't stay mad at a mere symptom.

(there are, of course, exceptions. I've known single moms who really couldn't have predicted their fate if their lives had depended on it. They generally find the vast majority of other "SMs" completely exasperating.)

Old 02-16-2008, 09:53 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I know the reality that their words are a way to deflect the REAL responsibility from the men who walked away. Women don't get themselves pregnant. Yet there is a sanctimonious, callous part of society who would villefy people who are working as hard as they can to make up for the people who skip out on their responsibility AND no one points the finger at them, they just skate.
I have nothing against single mothers, in alot of cases it is just having poor taste in men that is the problem. Just try and learn from the past mistakes I guess.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:29 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,451,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And isn't it just so easy and doesn't it just make you feel so much better about yourself to rag on these people....too scared to criticize those rich leeches who are a bigger drain.
We have one party that acts as an apologist to the elite and another party that defends the middle and low classes. So how come the more money you have the less you're taxed? The apologists make up excuses and sometimes outright lies to keep this the status quo.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:21 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
[quote=gnubler;2847859]

Quote:
Here's a classic, personal example that could easily be any one of the millions of the new "single mother" class in the United States: Female, age 28, bordering on obesity, two children, two daddies, never married. Earns around $12/hr working full time (when she actually makes it in to work, there's always a new problem or crisis) Like a revolving door kids are perpetually sick, daycare rejects sick children, baby-daddy isn't showing up for his share of visitation, etc etc etc.
I don't know where you live but here in Phoenix I happen to know someone raising children alone who makes exactly $12.00 dollars an hour.

She drives an older car given to her by her parents.
She does not get food stamps or welfare of any sort.
She does qualify for Kids Care so the children are covered medically.
She lives in a small apt.

What is digusting to me are people like you who are so quick to be a one-sided judge.
The father of these children doesn't pay a dime support and drives around in his brand new flashy car.
That my friend is disgusting! Did ya ever here it takes two to tango?

Maybe you should rethink your hatred of woman and if your gonna complain about welfare mothers,realize many of them may NOT be on welfare if BOTH parents were sharing responsibilty.

I understand your anger with some who take advantage of the system however, you should be equally as angry at the corporate welfare going on in this country or does it have to be in your face everyday for you to stay angry?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user1000 View Post
From the Responses thus far: There seems to be alot of irresponsible "Welfare Leeches" on this board who cannot responsibly live their own lives.
Why do you think Obama is winning?

If there are two fathers, and the father is 50% responsible, doesn't that mean that the mother isn't at all responsible? 2 x 50% = 100%.

Sorry, I learned my math from George W Bush.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 AM

131 posts, read 312,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
I have zero respect for people who judge a very large group based on one or two anecdotal experiences that they generalize to a whole population.

"I gotta tell ya, I have zero respect for Chinese people, one time this Chinese guy stole my sandwich, anyone who's Chinese ain't okay in my book, nosiree." You need to learn how to think.
^agreed.

Im pretty sure that most single mothers did not set out to be single mothers. And so in the 'equation' they had a father figure, another pair of hands and another wage coming into the family.
I do not agree with people havings kids with the intention of living off benifits, but I would argue there are more couple who do this purposly rather than single mothers.
If men took more responsiblity for their actions there wouldnt be so many single struggling mothers. After all...It takes two...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies