Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:36 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times

Advertisements

What exactly were the cops DOING for THREE HOURS outside the Orland bar?

I want a minute by minute explanation of exactly what they were doing other than standing around while that scumbag executed young gay people.

Where they just standing around because he said he had a bomb? Is that justification for letting 100 people get shot.

There are some big missing parts of this puzzle and we need to start asking tough quesitons. The media needs to start reporting not sensationalizing.

This is looking more and more to me like a failure of the police to respond because this was a gay club.

Find me one other acceptable answer.

And clearly we cannot rely upon the police to help any of us in an active shooter event - yet they STILL want to take our guns and force us into "gun free" KILLING FIELDS.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:02 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
What exactly were the cops DOING for THREE HOURS outside the Orland bar?

I want a minute by minute explanation of exactly what they were doing other than standing around while that scumbag executed young gay people.

Where they just standing around because he said he had a bomb? Is that justification for letting 100 people get shot.

There are some big missing parts of this puzzle and we need to start asking tough quesitons. The media needs to start reporting not sensationalizing.

This is looking more and more to me like a failure of the police to respond because this was a gay club.

Find me one other acceptable answer.

And clearly we cannot rely upon the police to help any of us in an active shooter event - yet they STILL want to take our guns and force us into "gun free" KILLING FIELDS.
My thoughts on this is that must have been terrifying for the police. Blood had to be everywhere and, I presume, many were afraid of AIDS; not to mention other potentially dangerous diseases like syphilis and hepatitis B.

We like to think of our police as brave; that does not mean that they want to take unnecessary chances unless they have calculated all of the angles.

I wonder if the survivors worry about whether they were infected? Laying on the floor of the club with open wounds in other's blood must have been terrifying.

With almost every attack; the only people that could stop the attack are the victims. They are the only ones there at the time it happens. With San Bernardino the police were practicing drills, for just such an attack, only minutes away from the scene and they could not get there until after the shooters left. If you are in one of these situations; you have to assume the responsibility for your own protection. Yes, it would be great if we all carried and were properly trained - but that will never happen. So the potential victims have to use anything and everything available to them. Throw books, shoes, chairs, knives, cans, bottles and charge (if there is no escape). These perpetrators cannot aim if they are getting hit in the head or on their weapon. Plus; they have made up their minds they are to attack cowering sheep. Of course, that said, I imagine the dark, loud, nightclub was chaotic and hard to even figure out what was happening.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:07 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
What were the cops doing for three hours?

Searching the mosques for an imam who, at the inevitable press conference, would stand there and tell everyone that Islam had nothing to do with the massacre.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Lets see op...
Garnering resources
Conducting evacuations
Setting up inner and outer perimeters
Setting up a command post
Coordinating multiple agencies
Setting up casualty collection points
Initiating swat team call out
Scouting and building a tactical plan that would have a high probability of success
Getting that evil armored bearcat in position

Initial officer (plains clothes security)engaged the suspect
First patrol units immediately engaged suspect driving him deep into the building

Breech plans conducted.
Negotiations with a hostage negotiations started...this garnered actionable intelligence
Breech plan initiated
Suspect killed

Sorry it didn't happen fast enough for you...
But..please..do step up... join..if you can.. and then run in and be America's hero next time

By the way.. our constitutional sheriffs are the last bastion protecting all our rights...I suggest you move to where one is in office.. the "they"you refer
to in a simplistic throw away line might be worthwhile educating yourself on just exactly who "they" are...

Police don't want to infringe upon the rights of qualified Americans to own and carry guns... this terrorist should have never had one..then he could have used his car and ammonium nitrate instead...

Fear a liberal Democrat
Support responsible groups such as the pink pistols

I saw a bunch of wildland firefighters standing around... your terminology... watching a home burn this morning...and not for one second did I think..they aren't doing anything

Last edited by notmeofficer; 06-20-2016 at 06:05 AM..

Old 06-20-2016, 05:55 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
go up and ask one- does anyone hear the news-- there were in negotiations-- no shots fired during that time. transcript out today of the phone calls -- see SOME news

Old 06-20-2016, 06:27 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
I have been asking this question since day 1. Every time there is one of these shootings, they form a commission to figure out why police waited hours before going in and recommend it will not happen again. Next time, they do the same thing. I thought they waited too long in Paris and that was "only" 45 minutes. Another thing that no one has explained is how did the shooter "sneak in" an AR-15 passed the supposedly armed guard? Has anyone interviewed him? Did he live?

Old 06-20-2016, 06:37 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
go up and ask one- does anyone hear the news-- there were in negotiations-- no shots fired during that time. transcript out today of the phone calls -- see SOME news
No shots fired for 3 hours? Where is your source for that? Besides, didn't they decide not to wait after Columbine? You have to storm the place, make nosies, distract, bulldoze a wall, anything. Just ask the poor souls trapped in the bathrooms if they wanted the police to wait it out.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:03 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Planning. Police don't rush into a shooting scenario like heroes without everything being in place so as to minimize the risk of casualties to themselves and potential hostages/victims.
Did they send in a robot to look around? They have those now.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:08 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,508 times
I believe the police were under the impression it was a hostage situation, which, to some degree, it might have been.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
One fact not reported is if the police were responsible for any hostage deaths. At least one survivor mentioned that possibility.

Other than that, it's easy to second-guess their actions but every situation is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies