Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 09:31 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Can you post a link to that one? I think that's the one I was looking for but it seems the post that contained it got lost in the shuffle when the two threads were merged. The Brietbart one was the one I was able to locate. Not that we're dealing with people who really care what happened anyway. The article they've been spam linking to in this thread is months old at this point, but it fits their narrative so apparently we're supposed to consider it the final word.
Sorry. It wasn't the NY Times, but the Washington Post.

The suspects taken into custody were not from Syria, but from Sudan and Iraq. Little else is known about their backgrounds.

In the face of growing concerned community voices, the judge had sealed details of the alleged incident from public view, and half-truths, wild speculation and rumors now filled the information void.

The misinformation was so potent, the chief would later tell The Washington Post, that it threatened to compromise this sexual assault investigation as well as others in the future.

“The No. 1 priority is the victim,” Kingsbury said. “We can’t forget this. We have a young girl who has been victimized.”

It's not that NOTHING happened. Something did happen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...slim-refugees/

Last edited by swbtoo; 08-16-2016 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 09:49 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Sorry. It wasn't the NY Times, but the Washington Post.

The suspects taken into custody were not from Syria, but from Sudan and Iraq. Little else is known about their backgrounds.

In the face of growing concerned community voices, the judge had sealed details of the alleged incident from public view, and half-truths, wild speculation and rumors now filled the information void.

The misinformation was so potent, the chief would later tell The Washington Post, that it threatened to compromise this sexual assault investigation as well as others in the future.

“The No. 1 priority is the victim,” Kingsbury said. “We can’t forget this. We have a young girl who has been victimized.”

It's not that NOTHING happened. Something did happen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...slim-refugees/

Yeah the article seems to be trying to make it sound like nothing much happened but if you read it closely most of the story is true. the main thing they got wrong was which muslim country the children(or their parents, for the hair splitters) originated from.

That's still from June though. I think more info has come out since then, but the mainstream sites seem to be ignoring it.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:53 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Yeah the article seems to be trying to make it sound like nothing much happened but if you read it closely most of the story is true. the main thing they got wrong was which muslim country the children(or their parents, for the hair splitters) originated from.

That's still from June though. I think more info has come out since then, but the mainstream sites seem to be ignoring it.
Since then there have been interviews with the woman that witnessed (walked in on and broke up) the assault, and some reports from those that saw the video that criminals took. They confirmed that the girl was assaulted orally and anally, as well as urinated on.

But the MSM chooses to try to cover the story up by their claim that the reports were "not true" because they identified the Muslims as being from Syria rather than Iraq and Sudan. They attack those that are doing what was properly the JOB of the MSM, that they in turn refused to do. Can't hurt the narrative now, can we?

Quote:
The crime against their daughter was more horrific than the local prosecutor, Grant Loebs, has made it sound in his statements to local media, she said. And Shelly is also disappointed in the way local news agencies have covered the story.

“The local media, I feel like they’re against us, because they get the wrong story and they switch it around,” she told WND. “I won’t even talk to the local media. I just think everything they say is B.S.”

The Twin Falls community has been mostly supportive, she said. A group of citizens held a rally on a local bridge Saturday and made a stop at their apartment complex to show their support.

The oldest of the three refugee boys, the 14-year-old from Sudan, captured the entire incident on a video about 4 minutes in length.

“Two of them were naked and the one videotaping was coaching the others on what to do,” Shelly said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/mom-of-id...FQXcdOyv2Sx.99

Quote:
“I think she falls under this statute. She’s incapable of consenting, she may very well have been threatened with force or violence,” said Mark Guerry, an Idaho attorney of 25 years who ran against Loebs for county prosecutor in the last election. “I think even with what little we know there’s a case here to be made for felony rape. But, part of what’s going on, in my opinion, is the state is trying to keep this thing well under the radar so they can make a decision about how to handle this without having to face the public, and be able to dispose of it as fast as they can without it reflecting badly on them. Nobody wants the scandal of protest over someone being injured by a Muslim immigrant. Doesn’t sound to me that any of this would have ever come to light were it not for the public and people like yourself.”

Old 08-16-2016, 09:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
Quote:

Yes, it seems like there's an attempt to downplay it. The chief is new - only six months on the job - not sure if that impacts his handling of this case. The judge sealed the record so it's not available to the public, and understandably so.

But, that doesn't allay the community's concerns nor does it clear the air. Without facts, rumors cannot always be proven to be rumors, can they.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its a fake story. It never happened, and there are no refugees in the town in question. Fox "news" was all over this story, and never corrected it when it was proven fake.

UPDATED: Story of Syrian refugees raping Idaho girl is wrong, prosecutor says | Idaho Statesman
There are hundreds of refugees in Twin Falls. Take 30 seconds to do a search instead of looking foolish.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:06 AM

35,019 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Same old song, in a more familiar setting, Sexual Emergency - Rapist Who Couldn't Control Himself has Conviction Overturned.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:10 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
unfortunately child predators have no country lines- we have enough of our own idiots right here- I would like to punsh them via Muslim style- see-but alas they all get probation and a class

Old 10-26-2016, 10:16 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,276,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Interesting. Are you people just as outraged when one of our very own citizens, say good ole white boy, rapes a female? Somehow, I bet you blame the victim. In fact, I can basically guarantee it. Rape is horrible, regardless of who the perpetrator is. Keep that in mind. I expect to see the same earnest interest in other threads about females getting raped.
If they hadn't been allowed to enter this country, this 5 year old wouldn't have been raped. Do you disagree with this supposition?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
You have a current presidential candidate getting ready to go to court in December on charges of raping a 13-year-old girl. I think I'll believe that rather than a known right wing blog.

Oh - Also, there's the article in the Idaho Statesman.

UPDATED: Story of Syrian refugees raping Idaho girl is wrong, prosecutor says | Idaho Statesman

Old 10-26-2016, 10:37 AM

35,019 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You have a current presidential candidate getting ready to go to court in December on charges of raping a 13-year-old girl. I think I'll believe that rather than a known right wing blog.

Oh - Also, there's the article in the Idaho Statesman.

Minor details were wrong. The basic facts were right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies