Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 04:18 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Where did you get this screwed up idea??? If you don't want to be honest, what's the point of having the discussion?

Of all the mass killings, the top ranked weapon of choices are: bombs, fires, pistols and knives.

AR-15 is at the bottom of the bottom.
it's getting old right?

people, if you're going to chime in on a discussion, at least learn the basics.

good grief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 10:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I find it far easier to kill a Deer with a firearm than say, a spear.

If I want the challenge of hunting, I take the bow.
If I want to eat, I go shoot a deer, with the rifle. No challenge what so ever.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seriously? Have you stopped to consider the tools at the government's disposal?

Government can in no way corral a bunch of snipers, only as long as government agrees to play by the snipers' rules. If you will allow me, I'll offer a tip regarding armed conflict: If your plan depends on the enemy cooperating, it's a bad plan.
200 million snipers with 300 million rifles says it would be a good fight.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:30 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seriously? Have you stopped to consider the tools at the government's disposal?

Government can in no way corral a bunch of snipers, only as long as government agrees to play by the snipers' rules. If you will allow me, I'll offer a tip regarding armed conflict: If your plan depends on the enemy cooperating, it's a bad plan.
If you think superior firepower is all it takes to squash a conflict, explain Vietnam and ISIS.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:50 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If I want the challenge of hunting, I take the bow.
If I want to eat, I go shoot a deer, with the rifle. No challenge what so ever.
It's nice we have that option

Old 06-21-2016, 07:04 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I like how the left will accuse gun owners of being paranoid about the government taking away their weapons and then in the same breath will say that the government would wipe out all the citizenry who would stand up to it with all the weapons and military at its disposal.
Neither side has a very favorable opinion of the government, it seems.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:54 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You don't believe there should be any restrictions on guns, period. You have gun mania or are a gun hoarder (just as legitimate a term as the made up one you used)

The argument about "won't do anything about the problem" has nothing to do with it. You want your toys, regardless of what dangers the unfettered access to them by all people poses to society. That's why the reaction to anything proposed is "it won't stop the problem". The question is not whether it will stop the problem, but lessen it.
Do you want to have an honest and sincere discussion or do you just want to blow some air?

What's your purpose? To save lives or to ban guns?

If it's to save lives, the simplest way is make any felony committed with any weapon a mandatory life sentence.

You would also get universal support for that proposal from almost all the gun nuts. But your liberal masters would not like that idea.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Where did you get this screwed up idea??? If you don't want to be honest, what's the point of having the discussion?

Of all the mass killings, the top ranked weapon of choices are: bombs, fires, pistols and knives.

AR-15 is at the bottom of the bottom.
The number of people killed each year by AR15 and its variants are less than those killed by hammers and sticks!

Get your facts right, please!

Old 06-21-2016, 08:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I wonder where the squirrel people got the idea that the world is a safe place? Why do they think they will never be robbed or raped by an armed, generally with a knife or superior size, assailant? Whey did they get the idea that they would be protected from all coercion and there would always be safe zones?

We need to be concerned with the violent people and not the guns.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
But the legal hunting rifle like an Remington 270 could do more damage sta distance than the ar 15 or pistol, it just what its design for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies