U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 09:17 PM

36,373 posts, read 15,121,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
So if I banned laptops that doesn't interfere with 1A rights? Ok then. If it doesn't work for any other right and Senator Feinstein already said in hearings it wouldn't, then we shouldn't make excuses.

It's funny you are ok with taking people's possessions that should be legal by force of law.

If you don't know about Dinkins you really should read up more. I think I have posted it several times here.
I don't know what your response has to do with mass confiscation and where would you be without Feinstein. Laptops are not a danger to anyone.

Why so evasive on Dinkins confiscation, you brought it up.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 04:18 PM

836 posts, read 546,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
maybe people wouldn't be so paranoid about it if states didn't chip away at gun laws.
Heres some proof.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jMptQ_YfvzE

Hot mic confession from dumbocrats

Old 06-24-2016, 04:34 PM

17,206 posts, read 21,340,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It is the middle of the night and SWAT teams wearing scary black helmets and armor are going door to door, neighborhood to neighborhood, breaking down people's doors, terrorizing families, and tearing through homes to confiscate any firearms they may have. This is what many conservatives fear that Obama and the Democrats ultimately want to happen.

Does this fear have any basis in reality at all? How does any mention of stricter background checks, a ban on certain types of clips, or closing the gun show loophole become a mass, nationwide gun grab by a totalitarian government?

To be honest, though I am more liberal on most issues I tend to lean conservative on Second Amendment rights, but I just don't understand where this paranoia is coming from. Nobody has proposed a gun grab that I am aware of. If anything, Second Amendment rights have increased over the past couple of decades.

Any basis in reality? Remember Hurricane Katrina? Legal guns were taken from homeowners and they were handcuffed.

Look on You Tube, it's pretty disturbing.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:38 PM

643 posts, read 355,673 times
We know they want to ban guns and by they I mean the Dems. Fienstein said as much. Mr and Mrs America turn them in, if she could have gotten the votes. We know the end game, they will chip away with back ground checks and other BS and get progressively more restrictive.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:22 PM

9,238 posts, read 5,424,485 times
i feel in eight years, all fire arms will be ban, and the public will do it willingly

Old 06-25-2016, 09:07 AM

16,876 posts, read 13,338,225 times
Quote:
It is the middle of the night and SWAT teams wearing scary black helmets and armor are going door to door, neighborhood to neighborhood, breaking down people's doors, terrorizing families, and tearing through homes to confiscate any firearms they may have. This is what many conservatives fear that Obama and the Democrats ultimately want to happen.

Does this fear have any basis in reality at all? How does any mention of stricter background checks, a ban on certain types of clips, or closing the gun show loophole become a mass, nationwide gun grab by a totalitarian government?

To be honest, though I am more liberal on most issues I tend to lean conservative on Second Amendment rights, but I just don't understand where this paranoia is coming from. Nobody has proposed a gun grab that I am aware of. If anything, Second Amendment rights have increased over the past couple of decades.

people always say it will never happen, until all of a sudden it happens. federal law enforcement do not have enough people to go from door to door to confiscate firearms, and some states would refuse such orders from the feds. but many states would gleefully help the feds in their confiscation scheme.

courts have ruled that the atf and fbi shall destroy all records of background checks after 90 days I do believe.
do you really think that the atf ever follows court decisions? they already have history of not following what courts say, even when it is the scotus saying it.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:59 AM

37,540 posts, read 33,710,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i feel in eight years, all fire arms will be ban, and the public will do it willingly
cold day in hell

Old 06-25-2016, 11:26 AM

12,289 posts, read 8,205,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
cold day in hell
That won't happen at the federal level, but states like California will have such onerous regulations hat many guns will be effectively banned. Just this year they are voting on confiscating magazines and outlawing semi automatic rifles, considering pieces of metal firearms outside of the federal definition and banning the purchasing of ammo from the Internet and out of state.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:32 AM

16,876 posts, read 13,338,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post

then how will you confiscate the 350 million+ firearms? if you truly think that most Americans will willingly give up their firearm, then what will you do when the remaining 10% tell the feds to take a hike?

the feds and states to include the military have nowhere near enough manpower or firearms to confiscate firearms from the public. plus the fact that most of the civilian firearm owners tend to be more proficient with firearms than 98% of LEO's and the military.

so not, explain to me how the feds will go around stealing American firearms?

you do understand that lots of people will not stand for the feds to come onto their property to steal their firearms.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:43 AM

14,372 posts, read 8,249,925 times
Quote:
It is the middle of the night and SWAT teams wearing scary black helmets and armor are going door to door, neighborhood to neighborhood, breaking down people's doors, terrorizing families, and tearing through homes to confiscate any firearms they may have. This is what many conservatives fear that Obama and the Democrats ultimately want to happen
First, this isn't how they'll go about it... though if you remember, after Katrina the state troopers went door to door and confiscated all weapons from thousands of homes.

Second, they'll start by making every gun (hand guns and rifles) registered no matter how long it has been owned. Next they start slowly making certain weapons illegal to own, since they'll all be registered, if the owner doesn't give it up by a certain date it'll be a felony, and they will do as your sarcastic "won't ever happen" scenario. Next, after they make one gun illegal, then the next, then the next and then finally we'll be left with single action shotguns and bolt action hunting rifles... they'll say now we don't need anymore guns at all.

It's the boiling the frog slowly method.

Canada tried it, and they gave up!
Forbes Welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or