Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And that makes it Ok?
It makes it none of our business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
These women have children to give them back to allah by way of suicide bombing. Our soldiers can't take flowers or candy from the children, do to, possibly being explosive. Children don't seem to be a gift of love, more of a gift of multi-purpose ways to get rid of them.

Reading your first sentence, your second sentence is not too far from reality for these people.

We could not take in the many men that are coming.......this would be a good first start.

By the way it wasn't hearsay, it was a witness that knew the mom. Do you forget these people worked for Saddam, this is stuff they enjoy doing, its not just a thought.
The definition of hearsay is second hand information that cannot be substantiated. The article makes clear they are reporting hearsay; " the incident is said to have happened".

The incident reportedly "occurred in a square said to be filled with heads of those slaughtered by jihadists".

Do children play amongst the severed heads?

I said TAKE OUT, not take in. How do you distinguish between the serious millions of victims and thousands of perpetrators?

I am opposed to taking in any refugees from anywhere until the US brings 30 years of illegal immigration to a conclusion. What other country has employs/ educates/ feeds and provides healthcare to 12 million +/- economic migrants who have immigrated illegally?

Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Every member of a certain "religion" understands it perfectly, a huge percentage agree with it, endorse it, favor it, and wish themselves, and indeed, the world, to live it.

What is shocking is that you feel the need to ask.
What huge percentage?

There are 1.5 + billion Muslims in the world who speak hundreds of languages/ dialects.

Again, people tend to believe anything when it validates their perceptions.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Here's a link from a source you might believe. I've found no less than a dozen different sites reporting this event. There are also photos, but I won't post.

Isis beheads 4-year-old girl then forces mother to soak hands in her blood after 'swearing to Allah' - Democratic Underground
Media reports and credits other media sources all the time.

It's click bait.

Does not make it true or false.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:46 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times
Obama's in with them.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Who is pro-ISIS here?

Someone claims that this is the norm for Muslims, and it isn't, because the Muslims and everyone else who lived in Syria never saw anything like this in Syria until the evil remains of the Sunni extremists who were let loose after the Iraq War invaded eastern Syria. The actions of ISIS are shocking and horrifying to everyone including the vast majority of Muslims. Again, no one in Raqqua was facing this until they were invaded by ISIS, this was not anything they ever expected to face (Syria was a fairly peaceful and safe if politically repressed country until the civil war caused a breakdown in law and order and foreign fighters came in).

The reason ISIS does this level of violence is because they're overall not a huge force and much of the population they've taken under control doesn't like them---their only power is the threat of extreme violence. This is what the Khmer Rouge or rebels in Sierra Leone used to do as well--take violence to the extremes to terrify the population.
Massive genocides have happened all over the world throughout history. Leopold / Belgium privately owned The Condo and knocked off 10 million. Soviet state exterminated about 7.5 million Ukranians. China, Japan and more recently Rwanda......

And perhaps the greatest genocide of all happened in what is now the US. European colonists slaughtered serious millions of Native American and took their land. Take a look at the real motives of those missionaries in Hawaii.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Jesus Christ!

I've oppose every war we've fought, pretty much since I've been alive, which has only been a couple of decades. I firmly believe our involvement in the Middle East has done nothing but further destabilize the region, which has led to increases in terrorism and political corruption. I believe our stated goal of 'defending freedom' is a load of crap as our involvement has diminished the freedoms Middle Eastern people would or could be having had we not decided we know what's best for them.

but if tomorrow, there was a push for congress to formally declare war on ISIS, I'd support it.
How do you declare war on an ideology?

Last time we did, was Viet Nam. How did that turn out?

The country fell and today is a trading partner to the US.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:54 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

It has to do with guns. It's a workplace violence problem and i blame white christian america.
Ask the left wingers... They seem supportive of their culture.

Last edited by SageCats; 06-23-2016 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: Liberals are mentally ill.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Hillary not too long back said; We need to empathize with the Taliban.

I'm still trying to understand why we're fighting the Taliban. For what? The Taliban has NEVER once attacked the United States. They just want us out of their country.

And i do sympathize with that view, because they're absolutely right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies