Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 02:36 PM

505 posts, read 428,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
You're racist!!!
That didn't take long!

Old 06-21-2016, 02:39 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDex View Post
and man what a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time visit and anyone who thinks we don't need a wall across the border should visit.

Can't imagine the average American would want to live in such appalling conditions. Outside of beach resorts, like Cancun, this country is a mess!!!
I have traveled all over Mexico, and it is only a few border towns that are a mess. You can't judge the country by Tijuana. Some parts of Tijuana are pretty nice too. Have you ever been to the slums in America?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-21-2016 at 03:49 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 02:39 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
I have- I live in CT and have traveled extensively- both U.S. and International

I have many negative things to say about these cities but their situation and history is somewhat different and we should not be making it worse by encouraging unrestrained migration from backwards countries.
So have I. Bad places everywhere. Anyone traveling to Mexico would not go to Tijuana unless they were looking for drugs or prostitutes. Did you go to Merida Mexico?

Old 06-21-2016, 02:44 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So have I. Bad places everywhere. Anyone traveling to Mexico would not go to Tijuana unless they were looking for drugs or prostitutes. Did you go to Merida Mexico?
That isn't true. I used to go just to shop and have a nice dinner at a great restaurant. Merida, MX is really nice.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I have traveled all over Mexico, and it is only a few border towns that are a mess. You can't judge the country by Tijuana. Some parts of Tijuana are pretty nice too. Have you ever been to the slums in America?
I certainly have seen may of the slums here- and I am not in favor of them.

I traveled through most of Tijuana (about 80% maybe-the other 20% was really, really bad- I might have gone but didn't have time and can't imagine I missed much) and didn't see much nice there. I know there are some wealthy people living there and saw some nicer houses but they are rare.

There difference though is that Mexico is a foreign country and a large number of slums ion the U.S. are made worse by the presence of so many illegals here so we can do something about it -namely deport them and build a wall to beef up border security.

Just because we have terrible areas here doesn't mean that we should make them worse or increase the number of terrible areas.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Fantastic! I'm glad you can remember your dreams enough to write them down.
You've obviously never been to Tijuana. Thus, you look foolish when you post this^^^^

Quote:
I have- I live in CT and have traveled extensively- both U.S. and International

I have many negative things to say about these cities but their situation and history is somewhat different and we should not be making it worse by encouraging unrestrained migration from backwards countries.
^Exactly!

Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post

Not yet. It's on my "to see" list.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:01 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
I certainly have seen may of the slums here- and I am not in favor of them.

I traveled through most of Tijuana (about 80% maybe-the other 20% was really, really bad- I might have gone but didn't have time and can't imagine I missed much) and didn't see much nice there. I know there are some wealthy people living there and saw some nicer houses but they are rare.

There difference though is that Mexico is a foreign country and a large number of slums ion the U.S. are made worse by the presence of so many illegals here so we can do something about it -namely deport them and build a wall to beef up border security.

Just because we have terrible areas here doesn't mean that we should make them worse or increase the number of terrible areas.
You do know that in the last six years both India and Asia accounted for more illegals in the US than Latinos.

If you want to stop or at least greatly curtail illegal immigration go to the source. American businesses hiring them.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:06 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Sadly, if Hillary is elected, OP just got a preview of where our country is headed. No borders will make the rich richer and the poor poorer and as we know, the middle class without decent jobs is nearly gone.

We are slip slidin' into 3rd world status. I think what is left of the middle class is carrying the financial burden of the illegal aliens and their anchors. We are just about to go bust!

Mexico has their wealthy also thus their great joy when their poor entered the US without authorization breaking our immigration laws that are not being enforced, continuing to commit crimes while our businesses locate south of the border.............

I have not been to Mexico as I understand that bad things can happen to good Americans.
yep, open border hil, where the federal law/constitution can be ignored at the will of a "leader" and the country yawns.

Hillary Clinton vows to expand Obama amnesty - Washington Times

Clinton Releases Plan to Dissolve U.S. Border Within 100 Days - Breitbart

And of course ignore the advice from top intelligence and make this type of proposal:

Hillary Clinton: U.S. Should Accept 65,000 Syrian Refugees - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 06-21-2016, 03:10 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Really? We had friends living in Mexico (not sure where), but they had to come back to the US because they said it was getting very dangerous to live off of resort compounds and they never felt safe.

Mexican cartels, corrupt police and governments, it is very dangerous in Mexico, but the US media does not report the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies