Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 01:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"When was that?

I retired in Dec. 2006

Because on this, Chucksknee is absolutely right.

I ALWAYS had the option of taking overtime pay OR Comp time ( my boss actually asked why I didn't take overtime instead of Comp Time) even when I traveled on a Friday night or Sunday to be at the site the site Monday morning.

People should NOT make blanket statements when they DON'T know what EVERY Agency allows.

MANY things are NOT government wide.

I did NOT challenge the claim made by Chuck nor do I challenge yours, don't challenge mine because you DON'T weren't there.
I didn't challenge you. Asked you a question.

You took it personally...but that's fine. I'm glad that you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 01:28 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
"When was that?

I retired in Dec. 2006

Because on this, Chucksknee is absolutely right.

I ALWAYS had the option of taking overtime pay OR Comp time ( my boss actually asked why I didn't take overtime instead of Comp Time) even when I traveled on a Friday night or Sunday to be at the site the site Monday morning.

People should NOT make blanket statements when they DON'T know what EVERY Agency allows.

I did NOT challenge the claim made by Chuck nor do I challenge yours, don't challenge mine because you DON'T weren't there.
I retired in 2009, ever since I have been a contractor, working for the government they have never been bake to take overtime, it's always comp time....yea, this is at redstone, but where do you think the order came from?

And the funny thing is, you complain about making a blanket statement and you did make a blanket statement...."When I worked for uncle sam" (that was 10 years ago) is a 100% blanket statement...

Relax, it is happening now, with all the backs there is no overtime...of course there are exceptions....

Old 06-26-2016, 05:03 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I retired in 2009, ever since I have been a contractor, working for the government they have never been bake to take overtime, it's always comp time....yea, this is at redstone, but where do you think the order came from?

And the funny thing is, you complain about making a blanket statement and you did make a blanket statement...."When I worked for uncle sam" (that was 10 years ago) is a 100% blanket statement...

Relax, it is happening now, with all the backs there is no overtime...of course there are exceptions....
I did NOT make a blanket statement.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Are you telling us Congress actually did something to stop an Executive Order?

Old 06-26-2016, 05:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You make a good point. The new directive does just what you are suggesting.

Now to address those who think that the government should stay out of the market place, I remind you that a hundred years ago the robber barons wanted government involvement. It was the kind of involvement where strikers were being shot by the National Guard.
Or by thugs hired by Henry Ford.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:04 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
This is why Britain told the EU to shove it. Leftists never quit trying to run our lives.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:36 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You make a good point. The new directive does just what you are suggesting.

Now to address those who think that the government should stay out of the market place, I remind you that a hundred years ago the robber barons wanted government involvement. It was the kind of involvement where strikers were being shot by the National Guard.
And that was wrong too.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:37 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Or by thugs hired by Henry Ford.
And preventing such acts is a legitimate role of government.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:47 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
I did NOT make a blanket statement.

Post 36

Quote:
Not when I worked fore Uncle SAM.
^^^^^ this is a BLANKET statement....period end of story. Are you saying that when you were in that every agency DID have over time, because the statement NOT WHEN I WORKED FOR UNCLE SAM, sure seems to be.....

Old 06-26-2016, 07:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Govt ought to butt out of people's agreements.
Exactly! If our country wants to be part of the race to the bottom led by those who exploit labor, why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies