Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Dude give it a rest. Its been explained to you and you were wrong. Is that how you are when you ask your mom for something and she tells you no a dozen times?
Your side lost yet again. Get used to it.
Sick burn, dude! You really cut me to the quick.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:19 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The House adjourns when the Speaker of the House chooses to adjourn it. So, it's quite misleading to say the Speaker of the House has nothing to do with it.
What??? What is misleading? I said when the House is adjourned, C-span stops broadcasting.

Of course, unless there are people on the thread who don't know the Speaker adjourns the meetings.

Do you mean the Speaker adjourned the House because of what the Dems were saying? I guess if that's the case, then yes, I suppose broadcasting can be manipulated.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:39 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
This upsets me. I feel this is theatrical and misses the real issues going on in America. When will Congess address issues regarding mental health and healthcare in the US. Mental Health services in the US need finances to grow and provide adequate care to those in beed. In addition, we need a reform to provide better mental health care in the US. We need to endure everyone has access to healthcare.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:47 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
This upsets me. I feel this is theatrical and misses the real issues going on in America. When will Congess address issues regarding mental health and healthcare in the US. Mental Health services in the US need finances to grow and provide adequate care to those in beed. In addition, we need a reform to provide better mental health care in the US. We need to endure everyone has access to healthcare.
These are mostly the same people that will see to it that doesn't happen.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:59 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times
Spoiled children, throwing a tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:07 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
these democrats are acting like children who are not getting what they want.and instead of going through proper channels, they are instead protesting.

They are taking pointers from Black Lives Matter thugs. They think I will actually work for them. Makes you wonder who the idiots are that voted these clowns in. Big speeches about staying ti a vote is taken, and then they run for home to go on vacation. Its like watching a whole troop of Clowns.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Do you mean the Speaker adjourned the House because of what the Dems were saying? I guess if that's the case, then yes, I suppose broadcasting can be manipulated.
Yes. That is precisely what the Speaker did.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Post the No Fly, No Buy Bill ....... there is no due process and the Democrats already voted down a Bill in the Senate that had a 'due process' clause. I can't find that Bill, but you seem to know exactly what's in it. The Senate Voted on 4 Gun bills - all failed. I actually passed Civics, so I know that the House of Representatives can't vote on any bill and make it Law without the Senate Vote.

This is about unelected Faceless Bureaucrats having the authority to put anyone they please on a "List".
The Devil is always in the Details and these particular 'devils' have no problem lying to the public about the "rules" in their bills. They have no problem Targeting Political Enemies - IRS Target Program & Shredded Hard Drives.

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor
If you like your Insurance, you can keep your Insurance

This is nothing more than a Kabuki Theater well organized Occupy event. They brought pillows & blankets, they brought signs and batteries for their electronic devises. They brought Posters and pre-printed signs, they visited with Hillary before they started. They arranged catered meals.

And they are constantly Fund Raising and now asking the public to "Occupy" all Republican Representative's Offices. This isn't even about Guns, this is about an Election this Fall.
Well said!
And THESE are the buffoons y'all keep putting back in office.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Naw, just toss 'em on the No Fly list and it's all good!

Old 06-24-2016, 12:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonizer View Post
Oh, really? Do you ever go on commercial flights? Are you mad about the idea of the existence of the no-fly list? Why is it that no one's complaining about rules and restrictions on planes? The proposals have an appeal process in place for those on the list, BTW. And what's your problem with universal background checks?

Last week, conservatives tried to say that the FBI didn't do their job, but this week they're saying that even if the FBI was relentlessly on the murderer's trail, nothing should prevent him from being able to purchase firearms. Do you see a disconnect there?

I also find it ironic that the same people against restricting gun sales to suspected terrorists are simultaneously fine with throwing rules and rights out the door and propose anything from internment camps to torturing suspects or potentially violating rights of people of a certain religion or ethnicity.

I'm fine with guns but we have far too many people that think they're own warped interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is the only or paramount right to our existence. We can and do have some rules in place to ownership and use, for good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
FIRST OF ALL, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not too crazy about the no fly list. Up to about 5 minutes ago, I was believing that it was allowed to exist because it did not take away people's Constitutional rights. This research, however, shows that the court does not agree with the government's assertion: https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-free...oples-freedoms

https://www.aclu.org/legal-document/...nion-and-order

As far as torture, I do not support it.

Finally, for the item under discussion, this is more about the 5th and 14th amendment, once again....due process of law is needed to remove a person's rights, than it is about the 2nd.
TS is right. the bill the dems want to put up for a vote is one that does an end run around several amendments to the constitution. and the really bad thing is that if you get on one of these government lists, you have to force the government to remove you from the list, AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE. and that too is wrong.

do we really want to live in a society where you are guilty until proven innocent? to we really want to subvert the constitution even more? do we really want to live in a society that fears the government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies