Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 02:21 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I don't know anyone with a week's supply of ammo. That's just funny. Most of my friends have enough for an ammo fort.

Preparing for what exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
The same liberal politicians who wanted to pass ban on violent video games denied any link to violent movies (aka: Hollywood) and violence.

The same liberal politicians who fight against GMO crops and Big Ag are in the pockets of Big Pharma and against restrictions on psych drugs like Ritalin. Boys act up. Drug them.

The same liberal politicians who have no problem teaching middle school kids how to ***** cancelled all funding for education that dealt with firearm safety.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:34 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I don't know anyone with a week's supply of ammo. That's just funny. Most of my friends have enough for an ammo fort.

Who let you in my garage!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2016, 02:45 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Focus on statistics that show that guns DO PROTECT people. Although hard to track, there are TONS of stories about crimes and murder being thwarted by law abiding gun owners.
Yea, just dish up 'feel good' news. Maybe warm milk and cookies before bedtime. That will fix it.
(BTW - It's hard to track because it's as random as mass shootings. If there are TONS of stories, why don't we hear of them? I'll answer the question, the big bad media, scapegoats of the disenfranchised - harbingers of the worlds ills)

Old 06-23-2016, 02:55 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Yea, just dish up 'feel good' news. Maybe warm milk and cookies before bedtime. That will fix it.
(BTW - It's hard to track because it's as random as mass shootings. If there are TONS of stories, why don't we hear of them? I'll answer the question, the big bad media, scapegoats of the disenfranchised - harbingers of the worlds ills)

Here are thousands, you don't hear about them because it goes against everything the anti gunner want...

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Old 06-23-2016, 02:56 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I've followed this issue for a while now, also by way of more than a few gun threads, and though I have not been altogether against gun control, I have come to accept there isn't much that can be done to stop gun violence in America or even to lessen the body count by any acceptable level. I am no gun expert, and I have been chastised for having an opinion though I am not an expert, even for relying on experts instead. However, as compared to many gun enthusiasts in these threads, for example, I just tend to pay closer attention to other experts that tend to make more sense without all the gun obsession detail down to the patina. Accordingly, rather than go round and round those gun circles, I'm glad to have this to offer as my position. IOWs, I tend to agree almost entirely with what is written here. Not that the "answers" put forth here are altogether satisfying, but about the best we can do I think...

"What can be done to address this much larger toll of gun violence, which leaves nearly 100,000 Americans killed or wounded each year?"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ks-what-doesnt
I can give you easily 10 ways to significantly reduce gun violence without infringing upon any law abiding citizen's rights.

1. Mandatory life sentence without for anybody who commits a felony with any arm such as stick, knife, sidewalk etc.
2. Increase conviction rate to 90% for all NCIS rejections or the AG loses his/her job.
3. 20 years mandatory sentence for the parents of the minors if the minors commit crimes with their firearms.

This would immediately cut down gun death to virtually none, and you would have wide support from all the gun nuts.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 06-23-2016 at 03:04 PM..

Old 06-23-2016, 03:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
We don't hear of them for the same reason we don't hear about a drug dealer getting shot on 2nd street, which also happens daily. Not news worthy. Our sick and depraved country only cares to pay attention when the body count reaches a certain level, or if the story has some kind of compelling human interest.

Here's a link to a compilation of many of these self defense stories. Yeah it's compiled by the NRA, and since you probably don't trust the NRA, it's a good thing that each story links back to the local outlet that reported on it.

The Armed Citizen

Old 06-23-2016, 03:01 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I can give you easily 10 ways to significantly reduce gun violence without infringing upon any law abiding citizen's rights.

1. Mandatory life sentence without for anybody who commits a felony with any arm such as stick, knife, sidewalk etc.
2. Increase conviction rate to 90% for all NCIS rejections or the AG loses his/her job.
3. 20 years mandatory sentence for the parents of the minors if the minors commit crimes with their firearms.

This would immediately cut down gun death to virtually none.
Works for me.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:02 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Who let you in my garage!!!!!!
Don't post pictures of it on the net. I didn't want to violate OPSEC so I found some random pictures.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Get people off medication and quit looking for the quick fix to solve mental illness. Stay out of the Middle East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies