Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 09:01 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,980,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarArt1980 View Post
More than just bashing every liberal idea, I'm legitimately curious what the conservative solution is. Please enlighten me.
Why you might work on how to ban firearms nationwide in an effort to stop terrorists from buying guns, I'm over here wondering why you don't want to ban terrorists from even being in our country buying guns.

#deportTerroristNow
#Stop#SupportingTerrorist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why you might work on how to ban firearms nationwide in an effort to stop terrorists from buying guns, I'm over here wondering why you don't want to ban terrorists from even being in our country buying guns.

#deportTerroristNow
#Stop#SupportingTerrorist
because it might hurt their poor little feelings, and damage their ego to the point where they lose confidence in themselves, and they cant go out and commit rampage killings, and then they will get all depressed and stuff, and that would make the liberals sad.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:42 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so then if you have something bad happen to you or yours, we should all just tell you tough sh&t then?
Actually, i'd rather you just keep your mouth shut.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,793,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You know what? I find it disgusting that you are mocking & insulting the victims. You have no idea how you would react in that horrible situation, whether you were armed or not. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I know how I would react because I have actually thought about this situation and have read where individuals are now being advised to fight back. You should be ashamed of yourself. I am trying to prevent the next mass shooting...you are not.

Boys and girls, if confronted with a mass shooter coming your way while you are trapped in a room with 30 people quickly organize those thirty people to bullrush the shooter when he comes in. Do not text to Mommy. Get off the damn cell phone and fight!

You can also reduce your chances of being killed by a drunk driver by utilizing the Smith System. You do not have to be a victim.

Last edited by whogo; 06-25-2016 at 01:00 AM..

Old 06-25-2016, 02:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I know how I would react because I have actually thought about this situation and have read where individuals are now being advised to fight back. You should be ashamed of yourself. I am trying to prevent the next mass shooting...you are not.

Boys and girls, if confronted with a mass shooter coming your way while you are trapped in a room with 30 people quickly organize those thirty people to bullrush the shooter when he comes in. Do not text to Mommy. Get off the damn cell phone and fight!

You can also reduce your chances of being killed by a drunk driver by utilizing the Smith System. You do not have to be a victim.
absolutely right. if you can escape, do so, if there is no escape, then fight back with all you are worth.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:27 AM

38,604 posts, read 26,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
They many times kill themselves, I don't see how this fixes anything... That is reaction, not prevention.

Dead mass shooters don't kill anyone...how is that not proactive?

Old 06-25-2016, 02:29 AM

729 posts, read 426,089 times
conservative solution to stop mass shooting:

-Being realistic and realizing the GUNS ARE GOING NOWHERE AND THAT TAKING AWAY PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IS IDIOTIC.

-Being realistic and keeping in mind that if there were no guns, it would be any other weapon. And NO, guns are not the only things that can easily cause mass destruction. They just happen to be the most accessible and convenient.

-You literally had someone try to detonate his underwear. Someone who wants to cause mass devastation is going to find a way to do so, regardless. NO law you'll ever pass would stop mass devastation.

-Pressure cooker bombs, pipe bombs, knives, swords, hammers, cyanide poisoning; Point is that guns aren't the only weapon and again, banning people's right to defend themselves isn't going to solve anything.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:51 AM

18,834 posts, read 14,021,500 times
[] Remedy for violent people, who murder, whether armed or not
- - - old school, capital punishment
- - - new school, life imprisonment at public expense

POST SHTF
[] Remedy for violent people, who murder, whether armed or not
- - - capital punishment

[] Remedy for violent ideologies, that advocate murder, whether armed or not
- - - ban them

However, incompetent governments will seek to abolish LIBERTY as a preventative, because no one can prove that a crime was not committed. Whereas incompetence to prosecute criminals is self evident.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:05 AM

14,846 posts, read 8,474,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
You nailed it right here. The one truth that no one wants to talk about, namely that the number of guns and access to them has not changed, it's our people and our culture that have. Since the 1960s, if not earlier, our culture has been on a morally downward spiral. We now live in a culture with no moral absolutes, no right or wrong. If it feels good, do it, who cares about anyone else? We scream for the "right" to kill our unborn children when they get in the way of our lives, even though it was generally our carelessness that conceived them, then we wonder why people have no respect for human life. We worship people whose only contribution to the world is living a completely depraved life devoid of any common sense or moral restraint and mock those who try to live by high personal standards or, God forbid, read the Bible. We make movies and video games where it is par for the course to mow people down with guns and still don't get the connection between some emotionally or mentally disturbed person watching them and then attempting to live them out. The nuclear family is in a shambles and the result is vast numbers of lonely, disenfranchised individuals who don't feel like they matter to anyone and take it out on innocent people.

I don't know what the conservative solution to mass shootings is, but if we could somehow turn back time and undo the rotting of our culture from the inside out, that would be a start.
So true.

Nevertheless, we must not allow ourselves to be manipulated by these mass media events that attempt to create hysteria over mass shootings, many of which, if not all, show telling signs of being either real shootings that have been orchestrated from behind the scenes, or totally fabricated events using crisis actors.

Aside that, we must also keep it at the fore of any conversation about guns, that shootings, either real or hoax, using so-called assault rifles, make up such a tiny fraction of the deaths due to criminal violence, that it ought not even be a focus point. Fact is, more people are killed with knives, than with rifles. More people drown in swimming pools too.

Once people understand ALL OF THE FACTS,, the matter becomes much more transparent ..... there is an agenda singularly focused on the outlawing of firearms .... first starting with the "assault weapons", followed by all semi-automatics, and finally, all firearms.

We can not allow the criminals in government, nor the leftwing loons, nor the tragically naive and ignorant to strip us of this most important and crucial right of self defense, under any pretense or circumstance.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:50 AM

14,846 posts, read 8,474,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Australia did it. Are you saying we aren't as smart as the people in Oz?
Some of us aren't as smart as a box of rocks.

But let's look at the Australian model more closely, so that some of you might fair better in playing checkers with a box of rocks next time.

First, Australia is an Island nation, while the United States isn't. If the importance of that distinction isn't already obvious, let me splain it to you Lucy. We already have border issues with human trafficking and drug trafficking which we have failed miserably to curtail to any effective degree. Many of our cities serve as home base to tens of thousands of very crafty criminal gangs who are successful in importing millions of illegal immigrants as well as untold Tons of illegal drugs. Guns are also, including fully automatic weapons which have been illegal to own for SEVERAL DECADES now. And in this one area, fully automatic weapons, we have a microcosm of what would surely result from an overall firearm ban as in place in Australia. Today, only law enforcement and military possess fully automatic weapons, and of course, criminals too ... they have NO PROBLEM attaining fully automatic weapons ... you can find an MS13 gang member toting a MAC10 in LA easier than you can spot a Hollywood movie star. But, given the severe penalty for possession, you won't find them very common among the law abiding general public.

Applying this same type of ban to all firearms would result in the same situation, where black markets would flourish in firearms, criminals would be armed to the teeth, and the general public would be rendered defenseless, or would be forced to BECOME CRIMINALS themselves by attaining illegal weapons solely for the purpose of self defense.

This would lead to the same situation experienced in Australia, where armed robberies, rapes, home invasions, etc., INCREASED, post firearm ban, due to the very predictable outcome of rendering the public defenseless against criminals who routinely ignore the law, including gun laws.

That said, you are now better prepared for your next game of checkers with that formidable box of rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies