Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 09:17 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You know what? I find it disgusting that you are mocking & insulting the victims. You have no idea how you would react in that horrible situation, whether you were armed or not. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I have always been floored by the reactions of people facing immanent death, who cower in fear like an ostrich burying his head in the sand.

And I'm not questioning anyone's bravery, just common sense, and the inbuilt instinct of self preservation. When confronted by an armed murderer whose intention to murder in masse becomes obvious, the natural instinct of "flight or fight" should automatically kick in, without the need for conscious decision making. Nowhere in that instinct is it natural to cower in fear or scream like a baby. This is "learned dependence". This is the liberal mindset drummed into some which embraces the idea that only people in uniforms should have those dangerous guns, and when trouble appears, call for help ... don't try to defend yourself, because you are too weak, too powerless ... just wait for those strong men to rescue you. The reality is, what is likely to happen is that when the rescuers arrive, they will be whipping out the chalk to draw that outline around your body.

One lone wolf with a gun is no match for 50 people, if only they allowed their natural instincts to kick in, bum rush the SOB, and beat the living crap out of him. Then the rescuers could save some chalk, having only one or two bodies to draw around, instead of 51.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 10:15 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I have always been floored by the reactions of people facing immanent death, who cower in fear like an ostrich burying his head in the sand.

And I'm not questioning anyone's bravery, just common sense, and the inbuilt instinct of self preservation. When confronted by an armed murderer whose intention to murder in masse becomes obvious, the natural instinct of "flight or fight" should automatically kick in, without the need for conscious decision making. Nowhere in that instinct is it natural to cower in fear or scream like a baby. This is "learned dependence". This is the liberal mindset drummed into some which embraces the idea that only people in uniforms should have those dangerous guns, and when trouble appears, call for help ... don't try to defend yourself, because you are too weak, too powerless ... just wait for those strong men to rescue you. The reality is, what is likely to happen is that when the rescuers arrive, they will be whipping out the chalk to draw that outline around your body.

One lone wolf with a gun is no match for 50 people, if only they allowed their natural instincts to kick in, bum rush the SOB, and beat the living crap out of him. Then the rescuers could save some chalk, having only one or two bodies to draw around, instead of 51.
Libs want an ant hill utopia. King and Queen with army ants, the rest are drones that all look and act alike. No special privileges or distinctions.

Drones aren't programmed to fight, they wait for the army ants.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:18 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why you might work on how to ban firearms nationwide in an effort to stop terrorists from buying guns, I'm over here wondering why you don't want to ban terrorists from even being in our country buying guns.

#deportTerroristNow
#Stop#SupportingTerrorist
Why should we ban the terrorists? Statistically, they and their family are mostly democrat voters.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:35 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
You nailed it right here. The one truth that no one wants to talk about, namely that the number of guns and access to them has not changed, it's our people and our culture that have. .
Actually, the number of guns has increased dramatically while the murder rate has decreased dramatically. The murder rate in the USA has fallen almost 50% over the past 30 years while guns per capita has almost doubled.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:44 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
You nailed it right here. The one truth that no one wants to talk about, namely that the number of guns and access to them has not changed, it's our people and our culture that have. Since the 1960s, if not earlier, our culture has been on a morally downward spiral. We now live in a culture with no moral absolutes, no right or wrong. If it feels good, do it, who cares about anyone else? We scream for the "right" to kill our unborn children when they get in the way of our lives, even though it was generally our carelessness that conceived them, then we wonder why people have no respect for human life. We worship people whose only contribution to the world is living a completely depraved life devoid of any common sense or moral restraint and mock those who try to live by high personal standards or, God forbid, read the Bible. We make movies and video games where it is par for the course to mow people down with guns and still don't get the connection between some emotionally or mentally disturbed person watching them and then attempting to live them out. The nuclear family is in a shambles and the result is vast numbers of lonely, disenfranchised individuals who don't feel like they matter to anyone and take it out on innocent people.

I don't know what the conservative solution to mass shootings is, but if we could somehow turn back time and undo the rotting of our culture from the inside out, that would be a start.

I like to bump threads to continue the conversation rather than start the same discussion multiple times.

I agree moral restraint and common sense is lost today.

If we resolve all the problems like wage gap and corporate/government corruption most of what drives people to loose it and kill innocent people will stop.

Banning guns will be tougher than stopping corporate/government corruption, the pen is mightier than the sword. This would solve a lot of our problems and would be a bipartisan accomplishment.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:46 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
There is no solution. Also, who cares. Literally the least important issue of our lifetime. Right below "equal rights."

Old 08-21-2019, 12:54 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarArt1980 View Post
More than just bashing every liberal idea, I'm legitimately curious what the conservative solution is. Please enlighten me.
I've typed out my opinion on this literally dozens of times in various threads. And not one gun-hater has tried to discuss it.

Now you want me to type it out yet again?

Why? So the same people who couldn't respond them, can not respond again?

Sigh.

Go here to read and not respond, again.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post55839178

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post55795337

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post53779780

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post53775760

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post53690385

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post53283262

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post53056068

You asked.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:08 PM

There is no such thing as an assault weapon and/or an assault weapons ban.

Explained //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lt-weapon.html

Old 08-21-2019, 01:17 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is no such thing as an assault weapon and/or an assault weapons ban.

Explained //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lt-weapon.html
Oh here we go again. Basically it has the general configuration of an actual military weapon like a M16. The killers like the pseudo military look so they can act like Rambo. It’s a long rifle that is semi automatic and has a quick release reload high capacity magazine.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Oh here we go again. Basically it has the general configuration of an actual military weapon like a M16. The killers like the pseudo military look so they can act like Rambo. It’s a long rifle that is semi automatic and has a quick release reload high capacity magazine.
You are also correct. That doesn't change the fact it is not an assault rifle. It also isn't the made up term assault weapon and there is not any ban. It is only symbolic.

You can do it but you'd have to change the 2nd and house to house confiscate with prison times.

That's another fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies