Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 10:21 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times

Advertisements

In addition to the problems caused by Eastern European immigrants in the UK such as them taking jobs from British people and bringing crime and drugs, and the issue of tax money spent on Muslim refugees, many British voters were also opposed to subsidizing the endless Greek bailouts.

I remember not too long ago how the EU was desperate to keep Greece in there. And now they've lost the UK. I think that if Greece had been forced to go bankrupt and leave the EU, they might have been able to keep Britain.

Sooner or later Greece will need another bailout, a much larger one, as they still haven't learned anything about fiscal responsibility and the dangers of overspending on social programs and government handouts. The way the EU is set up promotes the sense of entitlement that Greeks and Eastern Europeans have.

Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and Poland should NEVER have been allowed to join the EU. IN fact I think the Czech Republic is probably the only Eastern European member to have been successfully integrated and can be considered a First World, Western country. I have more respect for Mexico and Brazil and South Africa than I have for Greece. I basically see Greece the way I see Thailand, and I see Romania the way I see Guatemala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 07:33 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times
I think so but only if they set up a plan to print state money
That's the only way to massively reduce debt, it create inflations, it devalues the debt, it stimulates people to buy greek etc
under the € they had been forced to cut pensions and public employee salaries, and still can't manage to recover.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
what I would like to know is - what's in it (EU membership) for Germany now?

what's in it for any country who has to payout more than it gets in return? I'm actually amazed the EU is still in tact. Seems very lopsided.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:45 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
Greece is a casual place....They do not need to work till they are 70. The weather is nice...there is enough food...why not put on your Sunday best and sit at a patio café smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee spiked with Ozo? Where is it carved in stone that production of goods leads to comfort and prosperity....? Maybe being simple and happy and appreciating things like family....a clean bed...a roof over your head and not working till you drop to keep an elite rich....let the rich fend for themselves...let the poor do the same.....The planet earth is designed to sustain all life forms including us...so where is the big problem here?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:51 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Greece is a casual place....They do not need to work till they are 70. The weather is nice...there is enough food...why not put on your Sunday best and sit at a patio café smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee spiked with Ozo? Where is it carved in stone that production of goods leads to comfort and prosperity....? Maybe being simple and happy and appreciating things like family....a clean bed...a roof over your head and not working till you drop to keep an elite rich....let the rich fend for themselves...let the poor do the same.....The planet earth is designed to sustain all life forms including us...so where is the big problem here?
How happy and casual can you be when your weekly income suddenly can't buy a coffee, and there isn't enough food because it's not worth it to produce any?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:52 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
the problem here is that Greece has been sucking the EU dry. how much more do Germans have to work to enable the Greek corruption and retirement at age 55?

they should have cut Greece loose and let them sink or swim

Old 06-24-2016, 08:03 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

what's in it for any country who has to payout more than it gets in return? I'm actually amazed the EU is still in tact. Seems very lopsided.
Agreed. There are too many factors involved to single just one out. But people do like their sovereinty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies