Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:23 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,165,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You want me to explain the difference between a handgun and a bathtub? In terms of lethality? .
5 kids were killed by one woman in one, I'd call that a lethal weapon.

Police: Mother allegedly stabs three sons to death; children found partially dismembered | FOX6Now.com

Is that the fault of the knife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 11:27 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,811,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Because she couldn't possibly have killed them without a gun.
I know right?

Andrea Yates drowns her 5 children. She used an assault bath tub!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
5 kids were killed by one woman in one, I'd call that a lethal weapon.

Police: Mother allegedly stabs three sons to death; children found partially dismembered | FOX6Now.com

Is that the fault of the knife?
These gun grabbing totalitarians always point to how great the UK is with low gun deaths. What they fail to connect is that blade murders are out of control. It's so bad they are going to outlaw all knives with blades over 4 inches long, leaving chefs in a real mess.

That is how progressives reason: if someone uses a tool to kill another person, it's the tool that needs to be removed. It's pea brain logic.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:28 AM

Mother Burns 3 Daughters Alive To Keep Father From Getting Custody

Blame the matches?

Old 06-26-2016, 11:32 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,196,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Because she couldn't possibly have killed them without a gun.
A gun is made for one reason only and that reason is to kill. Obviously one can kill without a gun - that is what we call a given. She used a gun and that is all that matters. I believe someone wrote about cars can kill too. Yes, they can. This mother could have run her daughters over but one cannot compare the two b/c cars are built and sold as machines to move us from one place to another and they are highly regulated. One needs to take a test, insure it and have a license. Anyway, off topic.

It is really sad that nothing continues to be done to cut gun violence in this country. Other countries issue warnings about visiting the US b/c we are such a violent prone people. We should be shamed.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
A gun is made for one reason only and that reason is to kill. Obviously one can kill without a gun - that is what we call a given. She used a gun and that is all that matters. I believe someone wrote about cars can kill too. Yes, they can. This mother could have run her daughters over but one cannot compare the two b/c cars are built and sold as machines to move us from one place to another and they are highly regulated. One needs to take a test, insure it and have a license. Anyway, off topic.

It is really sad that nothing continues to be done to cut gun violence in this country. Other countries issue warnings about visiting the US b/c we are such a violent prone people. We should be shamed.

You act is if they are only offensive weapons. You take such a simplistic myopic view. Like a caveman who touches fire and decides it's bad because it hurt.
Quote:
They were assault matches!!! Registering them would have solved the problem.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:46 AM

21,503 posts, read 10,625,136 times
Quote:
Where did I ever make a demand that the government eliminate guns? In fact, I stated the exact opposite.

You should never question someones education.
I have to admit your original post sure does sound like you want a gun ban. What other way could the government have taken away her guns without a gun ban? She had no prior history that would have prevented it. What should have happened is her husband should have seen what a nutbag she was and removed the guns. The government does not know what the family knows. I felt that way about Adam Lanza's mother too. Her other son and the father both said he was crazy, and she took him out to the shooting range as a way to bond with him. That's stupid. I have a family member who has issues, and his parents removed all the guns from their house.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
A gun is made for one reason only and that reason is to kill.
Th vast majority of gun activity in this country does not involve killing people.

Quote:
This mother could have run her daughters over

She could of just drove it it into a lake like that one woman.

Quote:
Other countries issue warnings about visiting the US b/c we are such a violent prone people.
Unless they decide to venture into the inner cities they are going to be about as safe here as most western counties.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:02 PM

28,976 posts, read 30,364,339 times
Quote:
God fearing Christian shoots her two daughters dead, and is killed by responding officer.

Police: Family argument caused mother to shoot, kill daughters - Houston Chronicle

She previously posted that Democrats are trying to take her guns. It's a shame they couldn't, two young girls would still be alive.
it isn't about the guns, it's about the mental illness disease that is spreading throughout America.

no one seems to understand the real problem going on here, nor do they seem to want to...why? because it isn't a quick fix....

Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,196,264 times
Quote:
Th vast majority of gun activity in this country does not involve killing people.

She could of just drove it it into a lake like that one woman.

Unless they decide to venture into the inner cities they are going to be about as safe here as most western counties.

Or a movie theater, or an elementary school or High School, or a club, or a military training base, or a university, or a shopping mall etc. Most likely they would not venture into a poor inner city hood plagued by violence but the alerts cover this too.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
[/b]

Or a movie theater, or an elementary school or High School, or a club, or a military training base, or a university, or a shopping mall etc. Most likely they would not venture into a poor inner city hood plagued by violence but the alerts cover this too.
I agree completely!!!

This can be resolved by removing gun-free zones. Instant fix, no more free for all terrorist zones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies