Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 11:30 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O has been looting the Treasury since 2009. His administration is a crime organization.
as Gruber is quoted to say..."the stupidity of the American voter"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 11:36 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Obamacare should be dismantled immediately
I agree, we should change to Medicare for all. It would be much better and more efficient, and we would finally have universal coverage.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:51 AM

45,218 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I agree, we should change to Medicare for all. It would be much better and more efficient, and we would finally have universal coverage.
That's right, because as awful as insurance companies are, govt will be that much better

Old 06-27-2016, 03:40 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Actually it was phased in subsidies, each year a little less. As the subsidies decrease, so do the plans offered.

Also, every plan offered has to go to a states doi for approval. That includes benefits and premiums
Yes, I generally recall there was a phased-in decrease, but I don't remember the details.

You are exactly correct that the health insurers have to submit individual plans to each state's insurance commission annually (they go out in the springtime). That's how we know BCBS has filed for increases as much as 60% both in New England (CT, I think) and the Rocky Mountain Region. Big increases like that have a way of leaking out...

Old 06-27-2016, 03:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O has been looting the Treasury since 2009. His administration is a crime organization.
Hey, the political class (politicians) have become the most successful crime syndicate in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
as Gruber is quoted to say..."the stupidity of the American voter"

Even after all the facts, all the proven lies, all the corruption that has been uncovered... those same voters still prefer being lied to than be told they're being lied to.

A fine example of the Bliss Rule.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:27 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
Yes, I generally recall there was a phased-in decrease, but I don't remember the details.

You are exactly correct that the health insurers have to submit individual plans to each state's insurance commission annually (they go out in the springtime). That's how we know BCBS has filed for increases as much as 60% both in New England (CT, I think) and the Rocky Mountain Region. Big increases like that have a way of leaking out...
They make no bones about it.

I worked in the industry for many years. I left the industry and went into consulting right as the Aca passed. I read the bill. I knew what was going to occur.

Payors were incentivized to offer plans. They did. Many states expanded Medicaid. Everyone cheered. Yay!

The bill was a joke from the start. It was sorta set up, subsidiarialy, like MA plans. However, the difference is MA plans are networks. That was a result from the Pffs push in 2005. That's allows the pooling and risk to balance out, or, in short, helps contain cost by spreading risk.

Individual plans are just that.

Lesson to be learned? Listening to anyone from Washington on healthcare delivery at your own peril. They have no clue how it operates.

Medicare for all is unfeasible. Only way to make that work is about a 400% rise in deficit spending... Which is the only reason Medicare is funded now; deficit spending.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:19 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

Government and efficiency mix as oil & water.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Medicare for all is unfeasible. Only way to make that work is about a 400% rise in deficit spending... Which is the only reason Medicare is funded now; deficit spending.
Despite the FACT that other countries do just as well providing healthcare, and for HALF the cost....

Somehow this is beyond us, so we shouldn't even try it.

Uh huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies