Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 03:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

So is the Pope saying gay couples can get married in the Catholic Church and openly become priests now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 02:24 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So is the Pope saying gay couples can get married in the Catholic Church and openly become priests now?
I think they've had enough trouble in the Catholic Church with gay, pedophile priests; open or closeted.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I think they've had enough trouble in the Catholic Church with gay, pedophile priests; open or closeted.
Does make one wonder what the Pope is talking about he and other Popes have been very accepting of gays. It's the young boys that have been messed up by members of the church. Not sure what this has to do with spreading the gospel, this is the Pope's job, not political brow beating.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:32 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Kind of sounds like me might be sending it in that direction. I don't think it's been mentioned however.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:31 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Nope I guess Pope Francis has a different definition of marginalizing. And remember no sex unless it is with a spouse of the opposite gender, and if one of you were raised Catholic and baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit by a Catholic then not only being married is enough it has to be in a location by an officiant that a local Bishop approved of.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hitler was gay and taking female hormone shots.., was a drug addict on meth.. doesn't sound too Christian to me.. he was an insane man..and many of the men around him were gay.. how do you figure they were Christians?
You seriously need to read books about history. I have no idea where you got your crazy information, church, right wing conservative nut jobs, but it is wrong. Terribly, awfully wrong.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:26 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Then half the slave owners were black right here in the United States.

Half? Are you crazy? Prove it. Prove it. Prove it.

And even it that were true, do you think that absolves the sin of slavery from White slave owners?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Hate to inform you, but Christians hid Jews from the Germans.. Amazing how people will listen to a completely evil person . Bill Clinton comes to mind.. he is a sexual predator and everyone knows it.. the guy is worse than Bill Cosby.At least Cosby drugged them. Clinton just raped them and bit them and his wife enabled him.. now that is evil.

How unique. The first poster that I've seen who compliments Bill Cosby for drugging before raping.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Christians are eager for weapons proliferation and strongly support the killing of many people.

"Hating" is synonymous with Christianity. You guys hate minorities, hate different religions, hate immigrants, hate gays. It's clear in how you mistreat them.

Can't fool me. Christianity in practice is less about love or trying to be good people and more about control and feeling of superiority over others.

We'd be better off without all this junk.
Well said.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Agree on the principle.

Underlying note: when individuals say it is the official catholic position to regard this as sin, there is a really large rebuttal now. I think that's the underlying point.

There are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, and atheist homophobes. The single largest sect out of any of those blocks has formally declared it is not sin.

Skepticism aside, that is progress.
I want to give you credit. Although you and I often disagree, you're not a wacko and you pretty much stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies