Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ALL of the post ABOVE the link I posted came from the article I quoted. Period. So you need to tell Tadeo he's a lying fool.
Again....your propensity to obfuscate and misdirect is in play in order to skirt a reality you do not want to face. I asked you whether or not you inserted the reference to "BLM" or was it the words of Tadeo, and you respond by saying that everything above the link came from Tadeo. That is a very round about way of saying that you made the reference to "BLM".....trying to be cute and trying to caste aspersion.

Like I said, before BLM came about.....people like you were always talking about "Where are Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson when a black person kills another black person?". In other words, the goal was to discredit and caste aspersion upon targeting white racism by suggesting that the real problem with blacks are blacks themselves. However, keep in mind that the latter has been the belief of white society for the last 400 years. It has always seen the problem with the black community, relative to the white community, being rooted in the innate inferiority of blacks relative to whites. The white community has never contemporaneously defined the problems and complications of black lives, to the degree that it differs from whites,.....to be whites. Today is no different. Every time a leader came into fruition to point out and fight against injustice coming from white society....whites sought to discredit them and make the problems seem rooted in blacks themselves....and not some outside force like white behavior and mistreatment.

How does that old saying go again......"the more things change the more the remain the same".

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-28-2016 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 09:49 AM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I didnt read half of the posts because they are non blacks writing about blacks. The obsession racists have with black people is ridiculous.
Well, that is why said persons flocked to this thread. Never pass up an opportunity to take advantage of a tragedy. Instead of using tragedy to highlight that there are people who are trying, there are people using this tragedy to vent their anger at Blacks. This thread was not intended for that. However, there are those who use this thread for that kind of platform.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:03 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, an example of how black on black violence protests are practically non-events while blacks will shut down cities when a cop is involved. Let's not pretend that isn't reality.
Quit complaining. Maybe if you were involved you would see what these organizations do to help try and fix issues in the black communities. Problem is the news isnt going to make money off those kinda events. There going to show rioting because people like you will watch and form an uniformed opinon. During the baltimore riot the media never showed the thousands that marched peacefully and how those people were trying to get others to stop looting. The media never highlight the positives of the black community therefore people form an opinon about a community that absolutely know nothing about. Quit believing everything you see on TV.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
There are some points to consider. We must remember that African Americans were not considered equal citizens since the 1960's. in a country that is only a few hundred years old. The United States has not been around as long as other countries, and African Americans and woman have just had better equality within the last 50 years. The United States is guilty of propagating systemic racial policies against African Americans, which prohibited their chances to pursue the right to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness. IMO, the broken family, the laiz faire attitude, and economic achievements are stalled due to older generations not having the economic and knowledge to pass down to their grandchildren and so on. In short, it takes time to rebuild a community that has been historically wronged.

The issues that we have a hard to justifying is the crime, the violence towards one another, the open disrespect towards woman. Other communities that have been historically wronged like the Jews for example, banded together through troubled times and till this day possess a positive community. While the US still holds policies against the poor, their also needs to be some self accountability. We are slowly seeing this change come to light, but the attentive focus has been on the police and U.S government policy. This may solve a few cop cases a year but does not address the thousands of young black lives lost over manufactured rules and outcry. BLM would have more respect if they did not automatically assume that every police officer is guilty of the said crime. Those in the organization tend to play "Guilty and better be proven guilty because we have been wronged before" but when its one of their own, its "innocent till proven guilty". The reverse is said when those assume that every black person is guilty before proven innocent. This imo, is why the organization lacks respect, because it does not handle its affairs professionally and objectively.

To quickly add to snitching, snitching on someone can be very dangerous for the individual. Take into consideration the working man and woman trying to raise children in a rough environment. It is safer to look the other way and move on than to risk death from retaliation. However, It is very upsetting to know that a full community will not have your back when you need them the most.

Post is spot on.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:14 AM

Alot of people that come here and point fingers arent apart of these communities amd dont care to be apart of them. Most of them probably dont have a good amount of black friends who cant educate them on the issues of the black community. They just go by what they see in the media and just run with it.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:33 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Alot of people that come here and point fingers arent apart of these communities amd dont care to be apart of them. Most of them probably dont have a good amount of black friends who cant educate them on the issues of the black community. They just go by what they see in the media and just run with it.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Staysean23.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:37 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The number of blacks killed by other blacks is ridiculously higher than blacks killed by cops, but you won't hear about black parents warning their children about young black men but only warning them about cops. IMHO, that says a lot.
When you have 'law enforcement officers' that often abuse their power and violate the law to a brutalize the citizens, I think it's important to warn children about that.

It's expected that bad people of all colors exist in the general population.

It's not expected (and it's sad if anyone thinks it should be) that many cops are dangerous bullies.

Do we expect that many doctors want to butcher their patients? Or that teachers want to abuse our children? Why is it expected that police officers go on power trips and harm people?

Old 06-28-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
When you have 'law enforcement officers' that often abuse their power and violate the law to a brutalize the citizens, I think it's important to warn children about that.

It's expected that bad people of all colors exist in the general population.

It's not expected (and it's sad if anyone thinks it should be) that many cops are dangerous bullies.
There in, lies the difference. I expect a thug to try and take my life. I don't want him/her to do so. However, being a thug, thugs aren't sworn to serve and protect. They by their very function are criminals. Police officers are suppose to serve and protect. More is expected from police officers.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Wow, whopping turnouts of dozens to 100 people, most I expect ere religious leaders and families of victims. Meanwhile, ...

Members of Congress and famous athletes promote the 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' lie with protest and t-shirts. A 'Million Hoodie March' for Trayvon. More people protest the Minnesota State Fair over the lack of booths for blacks. What about college students ? They're a group that can get riled up over anything. And on and on.

Hopelessness, fear, apathy ? Whatever the reasons, don't pretend these miniscule Stop The Violence marches are anything like the activism re other events.
You fail to note that the difference is that court or street justice will be vetted out in most cases of black on black violence. In other words, there is usually "payback" or some form of retribution or punishment. In the case with law officers, there is no payback or retribution. You can kill with impunity with a badge. Do you think black folks would be complaining and rallying as much if police officers regularly went to jail for killing unarmed people? People complained when the Gorilla at the Cincinnati zoo was killed....even though he was dragging a little toddler around. A lot of the people who complained about shooting the gorilla are the types who think all these killing of unarmed blacks is justified....based upon the potential danger the blacks posed to the officers. Yet....a 400 lb Gorilla is given the benefit of the doubt of not going to harm the 40 lb child. If the Gorilla had a police uniform and a badge.....they might have shot the little black boy instead....fearing for the Gorillas life.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-28-2016 at 12:12 PM..

Old 06-28-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You fail to note that the difference is that court or street justice will be vetted out in most cases of black on black violence. In other words, there is usually "payback" or some form of retribution or punishment. In the case with law officers, there is no payback or retribution. You can kill with impunity with a badge. Do you think black folks would be complaining and rallying as much if police officers regularly went to jail for killing unarmed people? People complained when the Gorilla at the Cincinnati zoo was killed....even though he was dragging a little toddler around. A lot of the people who complained about shooting the gorilla are the types who think all these killing of unarmed blacks is justified....based upon the potential danger the blacks posed to the officers. Yet....a 400 lb Gorilla is given the benefit of the doubt of not going to harm the 40 lb child. If the Gorilla had a police uniform and a badge.....they might have shot the little black boy instead....fearing for the Gorillas life.
The zoo animal getting killed, well, I will say this. I don't care. If it meant saving that child, do what it takes. The fact that more people had outrage over a wild animal getting killed in order to save a child, that tells me where priorities are. A gorilla gets more sympathy/empathy than the Black child who was nearly killed by it. I get that the parent should be held responsible, but I notice very little sympathy for the child. Here is another irony. Gorilla is sometimes used as a racial slur against Blacks.

There was more sympathy for the child who was killed by an alligator in Florida. How much outrage towards the parents was there?

When stuff like this goes on, it tells me that a Black person's life (even a child) is valued less relative to the lives of others. I notice people complaining that Blacks don't rally around stopping Black on Black violence. I don't see anyone else rallying around that cause other than Blacks. From my observation, there were far more people in general of all races(although a relatively small number of Blacks) rallying in memory of the 49 killed in the mass shooting in Orlando. I find it hypocritical that people complain about Blacks not holding enough rallies to end Black on Black violence, when no one else seems to rally around that cause either.

While Black on Black murder gets punished less rigorously than Black on White murder, Black on Black murder is more likely to get a punishment than when a police officer has done something bad. Another difference is this. I expect thugs to commit crimes. Police officers are suppose to do the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies