Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 06:44 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I recently came across a story where some white tweaker stabbed her infant to death and another one who beat his 81-year-old mother to death. If someone were to post a thread about these case here, do you think people would be trying to link them to protests over police brutality?
When have thousands of white people rioted over some thug white guy being shot while assaulting a cop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 06:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When have thousands of white people rioted over some thug white guy being shot while assaulting a cop?
Good point! You guys only riot about really important stuff like......SPORTS.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And?

Start a thread about how ridiculous white people are when they riot in celebration after a sports championship, and I'll post about them being idiots and that their team should be forced to play only away games the following season.

I wouldn't defend them.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
50 years ago.....you would have said that you would agree with me if it were 50 years ago. That is the problem with white society. The masses only see themselves as being the problem.....PAST TENSE. They can look back at previous generation of whites and say what they did caused problems for blacks....but they can never look contemporaneously and see and acknowledge that.

Racism is like a cancer and many of the socioeconomic relative dysfunctions in the black community, including crime and murder rates, is a consequence of that cancer. You keep saying that the focus should be on treating the symptoms and not understanding that black people are fighting the root cause of it. The most violent and dysfunctional blacks in this world....are blacks who have had long exposure to white societies racism. White society is like radiation upon blacks. Long exposure creates mutations due to the damaging impact of the doctrine and belief in white supremacy.

It's evidence of racism when one sees black dysfunctions, such as a higher murder rate, as racially ORGANIC and not the result of the conditioning and treatment from the larger society.....like murder is in the genes of black people or something. That is 2016 white racism.

Understand that white racism is at the root of why black lives are underestimated, undervalued and marginalized....ergo....the need to counter with Black lives Matter....too, not withstanding your need to marginalize and discredit the movement.

Lastly, if black lives start focusing on respecting black lives and lifting one and other up....many whites will call that "black racism" and ask "Why cannot whites focus on lifting up and promoting whites". Regardless of the path with take.....white racism will always find a way and reason to throw stones.
How about I DON'T owe Black people anything except treating them the same way I want to be treated. Period.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:

So? I just hope those hooligans were arrested and had the book thrown at them; most of us "whities" DON'T defend thugs like that cause they're "white".

Old 06-29-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And?

Start a thread about how ridiculous white people are when they riot in celebration after a sports championship, and I'll post about them being idiots and that their team should be forced to play only away games the following season.

I wouldn't defend them.
So do you believe that society should be violently "Purged" of all who have committed a crime? Does having committed a crime justify being killed by society? Are the police practicing Sharia law on the black community?

Old 06-29-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
How about I DON'T owe Black people anything except treating them the same way I want to be treated. Period.
Well...my human nature is such that I recognize that the way I want to be treated might not be what is best for other people, in terms of their treatment. I cannot try to define the world IN MY IMAGE and superimpose things on others....based upon ME.....because people are different and have different experiences and needs. Ergo....if you don't have trouble finding a job.....you cannot see why others would have a problem finding a job. If you were poor but eventually...."Made it" you cannot see, and hence do not respect that other poor people cannot do like you. This is one of the foundations of racism and prejudice....not respecting that other peoples situation might be different from your own and hence what is true for you cannot be assumed and superimposed upon others.

That is part of the problem. Superimposing.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-29-2016 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-29-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
So? I just hope those hooligans were arrested and had the book thrown at them; most of us "whities" DON'T defend thugs like that cause they're "white".
That is because you do not consider racism to be thuggery....but truth.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
That is because you do not consider racism to be thuggery....but truth.
What in the hell are you talking about? If I get what you're saying: I'm racist against white people; my own kind, just cause I WON'T justify some yahoo's actions when they're wrong and hurtful?

Old 06-29-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
So do you believe that society should be violently "Purged" of all who have committed a crime? Does having committed a crime justify being killed by society? Are the police practicing Sharia law on the black community?
Put the glue down.

I believe criminals should be punished, be it rioters lighting fires in defense of Mike Thug Brown or in support of their Steelers.

I believe that when a person, even a cop, is being assaulted and feels they are in severe peril, they have the right to defend themselves, even with deadly force.

I'm not sure why you feel a cop should not be allowed to defend himself while being attacked by a thug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies