Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Real Manufacturing Jobs and Hi Tech Jobs. Manage our Trade dealings and control the Illegal Immigration problem,
Good luck with that...Donald Trump does not and will not manufacture a gatdam thing in the US. He will not bring ANY manufacturing jobs to the US. He doesn't even do it himself.

He is NOT a leader. He is NOT honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCVJEf_W678

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koudBVg-HUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 03:24 PM

138 posts, read 112,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, your assertion was that 75% of black children born out of wedlock are "fatherless."

Your assertion is actually incorrect.

Based on what I told you, in that black fathers visit and financially support their non-custodial children more often than other demographics your assertion is incorrect.

Also, over 50% of black women aged 35 and older are married, so therefore, their children are not being reared in a fatherless environment.

Correlations are not reality.

The reality is that a majority of black children do know their father. Black non-custodial fathers have high rates of visitation and financial support via child support payments. Black women get married at a later age versus white or hispanic women for the first time, which means that many times when they have a child out of wedlock, they will wait to get married at a later date. This is what I did and many other black women I know have done. Personal anecdotes from actual black people are more reliable than "correlations" since the anecdote actually happened...
Visits and financial support are NOT having a father in the home.

As well, black women are marrying outside of their race at higher rates than ever (still not that high though) due to the lack of eligible black men, and black female marriage rates are lower than whites.

People like you just want to live with your head in the sand. In what world do you live where you think illegitimate births, low marriage rates and low rates of fathers in the home are someone good for a family or community?

And how about your address the abortion epidemic? I actually don't care if women abort or not, but it's so ridiculously high in the black community because there is absolutely no structure and moral decay is evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

In regards to divorce, I guess the entire populace didn't get the memo you know since over 50% of all Americans end up getting divorced and children of divorce have the same "correlations" to negative social ills as being born out of wedlock.
The actual total divorce rate is low 40s now. I'm not saying that certain white, hispanic and asian demographics don't have their ills, all I'm saying is that blacks are far and away taking the cake when it comes to these issues. They are so over represented on these things that it's at comical levels. Until the black community addresses things like OOW births and divorce there is no saving the black community.

After desegregation the 'talented tenth' left the lower 90% of the community to form their own middle-class communes, and urban black culture and family has been in a tailspin ever since. These issues need to be addressed before anything of substance can be done, and simply ignoring them and making excuses for them will only perpetuate the cycle.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:27 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Poor upbringing 90%, genetic predisposition 10%.
Poverty is relative. The Amish are poor. Our ancestors were poor. Being poor, on its own, doesn't make someone a criminal.

Crime is merely a means to an end. But that end, or at least, the desire for that end, is the byproduct of society, not poverty.

Reminds me of this video.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Let's be honest with ourselves. Police in majority black, low-income is an absolute failure. They do not prevent crime, and all they do is round up black people and put them in jail. According to most people who believe black on black crime is a huge issue in America, there is no way one can admit there is a ton of black on black crime, yet not give the police force it's due scrutiny.

So my suggestion is this. Eradicate the police force in the black community. Black people should no longer be obligated to pay anymore taxes for a police force that is not effective. We need to try a model of self goverence. We need to implement a stragegy of pure anarcho-capitalism in the black communities in America. My suggestion is that there should be no black home in America without a gun. And because the police are no longer around, people MUST prevent crime THEMSELVES. So when you see a drug dealer on the corner, the community will come out, guns pointed, and tell them to leave the block or else they will disappear. Self regulation. I guarantee, if every drug dealer and gang banger know that they could possible deal with retaliation from black neighborhoods at large, they will disappear overnight. Hence this solves the crime problem WITHOUT THE POLICE.
So the plan is, instead of cops murdering blacks, blacks will do it?
That's not self regulation that's replacing the tyranny of law enforcement with the tyranny of the community.
How about we legalize freedom? Unless drugs are being sold to minors stay out of the way. Treat drug addiction for what it is, a sickness.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Good luck with that...Donald Trump does not and will not manufacture a gatdam thing in the US. He will not bring ANY manufacturing jobs to the US. He doesn't even do it himself.
The idea is to lower the taxes since that makes it more profitable to have it made here. Not that a simple thought process of logic and reason would mean anything to you.

Quote:
He is NOT a leader.
Like him or not he IS A LEADER

Quote:
He is NOT honest.
What would you know about that? You supported Obama. His word is no good.
Partisanship = hypocrisy

Old 06-28-2016, 07:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post

As well, black women are marrying outside of their race at higher rates than ever (still not that high though) due to the lack of eligible black men, and black female marriage rates are lower than whites.

People like you just want to live with your head in the sand. In what world do you live where you think illegitimate births, low marriage rates and low rates of fathers in the home are someone good for a family or community?

And how about your address the abortion epidemic? I actually don't care if women abort or not, but it's so ridiculously high in the black community because there is absolutely no structure and moral decay is evident.

The actual total divorce rate is low 40s now. I'm not saying that certain white, hispanic and asian demographics don't have their ills, all I'm saying is that blacks are far and away taking the cake when it comes to these issues. They are so over represented on these things that it's at comical levels. Until the black community addresses things like OOW births and divorce there is no saving the black community.

After desegregation the 'talented tenth' left the lower 90% of the community to form their own middle-class communes, and urban black culture and family has been in a tailspin ever since. These issues need to be addressed before anything of substance can be done, and simply ignoring them and making excuses for them will only perpetuate the cycle
On the red, black women are the least likely to marry outside of their race. I am a black woman, married to a black man.

On the marriage rates, as stated, black women marry at a later age than white women, if you increase the age of those sampled, black women marry at similar rates to whites after the age of 30 (I didn't get married until I was 30 either).

On abortion, I am pro-choice and don't care what anyone does in regards to abortion and think that if a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy, she is doing it for a good reason (usually an economic reason) and therefore, that is none of my business.

On the blue, are you black? If not, how do you know anything about what happens in "the black community" (and pray tell, which community are you speaking of, black people live all over the place in various communities).

Regardless of your personal views and biases against black people all of the following are true:

1 - Black people have always had an OOW birthrate that was triple that of whites since statistics have been kept on this measure (FYI, it is now only twice as much as whites due to the increase in OOW births for whites being on a much higher trajectory today than blacks)

2 - Even with OOW birthrates, poverty levels have declined since 1965 for black Americans. Over 70% of the black population lived in poverty prior to 1970, today over 70% do not live in poverty

3 - Even with OOW birthrates, crime rates for black Americans have decreased

4 - Even with OOW birthrates, high school graduation and college degree attainment has increased for black Americans, as stated above over 85% of black females specifically graduate high school (the "gap" in graduation rates between whites and blacks is at its lowest level ever, black females actually graduate at the same rate as whites and at a higher rate than hispanics today). 50% of black females go to college today.

As stated above, even with OOW births that does not mean a father is not involved in his child's life. You initially stated that 75% of black children are "fatherless" that is not true, it is too bad you cannot admit this, but it is true.

In summation, your premise that black people need "saving" is ridiculous. Black people are very family oriented and even those of us who have been now or were raised by single parents usually have a very involved extended family. Family is a primary component of black culture.

Also, as a middle class black person, I know for a fact that all over we do not form "middle class communes" (lol at the commune reference, made me think of black middle class hippies). Black Americans who make a middle income are more likely to live around poorer people than middle class whites. By and large, black people in general still prefer to live around other black people and this preference usually correlates to a higher amount of black middle class families living near/around poorer black people.

And it is your own personal bias in regards to your belief that "urban blacks" do not have strong families. I think you are relating too much of media spin and hip hop/entertainment fiction into your view of black Americans as a whole.

Again, a majority of black people are not poor, nor do they live in urban centers anymore so are you speaking specifically about the underclass, poverty stricken black people or do you hold your views described above, of our demographic being in need of "saving" on the entire 40 million population of blacks in this country. If you do, that is your problem. But me, I always am involved in "the community" I am well aware of issues in "the community" but I am just as aware of the triumphs of "the black community" in the 50 years since the passage of the CRA and since the 40 years since housing discrimination was halted in various localities. And I am especially knowledgeable on the fact that black children by and large have fathers who are involved in their lives and that hey have families who primarily love and support them as well as an extended community of volunteers who take an interest in the youth of our demographic. Black people have always had a high degree of social activism and part of that activism is involvement in the neighborhoods of which we live.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post

After desegregation the 'talented tenth' left the lower 90% of the community to form their own middle-class communes, and urban black culture and family has been in a tailspin ever since. These issues need to be addressed before anything of substance can be done, and simply ignoring them and making excuses for them will only perpetuate the cycle.
Observation/Claim: Rates of out of wedlock births have a direct relationship to rates of crime and general dysfunction in humans.

The steps of the scientific method go something like this:
  1. Make an observation or observations.
  2. Ask questions about the observations and gather information.
  3. Form a hypothesis — a tentative description of what’s been observed, and make predictions based on that hypothesis.
  4. Test the hypothesis and predictions in an experiment that can be reproduced.
  5. Analyze the data and draw conclusions; accept or reject the hypothesis or modify the hypothesis if necessary.
  6. Reproduce the experiment until there are no discrepancies between observations and theory.
The observation and claim that crime and dysfunction in the African American community is directly or indirectly linked to rates of out of wedlock birth fails scientific and logical scrutiny due to the said effect not being able to be reproduced when those who are having children out of wedlock are white.

White OOWB have gone from less than 5% in the 1950's to 30% today. Despite that fact, there has been no correlated rise in white poverty, crime and dysfunction since that time, despite a 600% increase in OOWB. Thus, why do people continue to hold that the root cause of crime and dysfunction in the black community is directly related to OOWB? More than likely the high rate of OOWB in the black community is a SYMPTOM of some other problem in America.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:52 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Let's be honest with ourselves. Police in majority black, low-income is an absolute failure. They do not prevent crime, and all they do is round up black people and put them in jail. According to most people who believe black on black crime is a huge issue in America, there is no way one can admit there is a ton of black on black crime, yet not give the police force it's due scrutiny.

So my suggestion is this. Eradicate the police force in the black community. Black people should no longer be obligated to pay anymore taxes for a police force that is not effective. We need to try a model of self goverence. We need to implement a stragegy of pure anarcho-capitalism in the black communities in America. My suggestion is that there should be no black home in America without a gun. And because the police are no longer around, people MUST prevent crime THEMSELVES. So when you see a drug dealer on the corner, the community will come out, guns pointed, and tell them to leave the block or else they will disappear. Self regulation. I guarantee, if every drug dealer and gang banger know that they could possible deal with retaliation from black neighborhoods at large, they will disappear overnight. Hence this solves the crime problem WITHOUT THE POLICE.
Show me a community that has remained crime free without police there. I disagree because I've not seen any evidence of this ever working. In my experiences, people will behave badly with the police there, and even worse without them there.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:57 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Poverty is relative. The Amish are poor. Our ancestors were poor. Being poor, on its own, doesn't make someone a criminal.
Except for one thing. The Amish choose to forego wealthy and worldly things. They see themselves as living a simple life, and prefer little interaction with the outside world so they can preserve it. They don't seek out material goods. They always have food, they know how to survive like you would in the pioneer days, and they have a community around them to help each other.

Knowing how to survive the right way keeps you from being a criminal.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:25 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeys_00 View Post
Black culture is crime culture. The unintended consequence of "The Great Society". No city with a black majority is a a place you'd want to go. It's not about COLOR. It's about a sick violent culture. It's about behavior. The reason many people don't want to be around blacks is the above 2 reasons. It hasn't been about skin since the late 60s. But it's not PC to say these things. And the reason they blame Police is that they don't have the courage to blame their culture, nor the courage to change it.
Im black so you saying that no other race wants to be around me because my culture is Violent ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies